Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2013, 11:52 AM   #1

Why Did You Buy An Entegra Coach

My wife and I are in the process of deciding what brand of coach we want to buy. We've seen several Entegra's and definitely seem to want to go that route. We really would like an Aspire and wondered what made you good folks gravitate towards your Entegra's. Good and bad let's hear it.

Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Most amenities at the price point. Two year bumper to bumper warrantee. Spartan chassis. Right floor plan for me. Quality construction. Quality Entegra support. Trust. I haven't found a big negative, for me, thus far. This is my first, and likely my last. We full time.

If I hadn't bought an Anthem, at this price point, I'd have purchased a Newmar Mountain Aire. I looked hard at the MA, as well as Tiffen (which I was originally pointing towards, specifically the Phaeton w/ tag axle). The Newmar Dutch Star is the equivalent to the Aspire, but more expensive, and I was not impressed with it.

The bad...narrow dealer's network (but it is expanding as Entegra expands production this year). Entegra will help you find the service you need if you're away from your original sales location. There have been some paint issues (orange peel) in the past, and I have a few paint issues Other issues are really minor. It would be nice if Entegra would put full power protection in (low and high voltage...add a Progressive 50 EMS system. Some are frustrated with the In Motion satellite antenna, and we hear that Entegra will offer the Winegard Traveller next year as an option (I'm happy with In Motion thus far). Some point to dated floor plans (but if you like what they offer, not an issue).

Again, in the end Entegra is the most for the best price, period.

DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 01:56 PM   #3

Unparalleled Customer Service !!!!!!
iquailhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 03:24 PM   #4

We bought our 2012 Anthem for the same reasons as DSL417. Also we found the folks at Entegra Coach very responsive to our questions during our decision process plus the fact that they agreed to authorize local facilities (no Entegra dealers in our area) to carry out warranty work if required. We also had vey good references for Entegra Coach from sales reps who sold various brands and didn't appear to be biased. We have been 100% happy with our decision. I only hope the Entegra Coach service stays the way it has been for us.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Quality of the workmanship and service. Had a call while driving to Galveston in the coach from customer service asking if everything was okay. Wow. And we have a 2011. We have had some minor issues solved while on the phone by email. That saved us plenty of $$ I am sure. We looked at hundreds and hundreds before making our choice. Dropped off for service today, could not really think of any problems to fix, just preventative maintenance and a remaining warranty issue that customer service took care of on the phone. Now that wife says can't we move up to tag axle and a little longer length? Go figure. She only went along with this to humor me. 5000 miles in the last six months and loving it.
navychop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #6

All I can say is "once you've seen Pah-ree you don't want to go back to the farm!" Our Entegra, Anthem 42' DEQ just came in and it is beyond our expectations. We traded our 09 Monaco product to enjoy driving a coach that will handle effortlessly.
Also, their customer care is superb as well as our dealer (RVone) put together a deal that couldn't be touched by any other competitor in this price range. Go for a test drive--- you'll be hooked!
RARN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:49 PM   #7

Quiet Ride, Quality of the build, two year warranty, spartan chassis, outstanding paint graphics, flush wall slides, more insulation than any other manufacturer, and a customer service team that you can call and someone answers. I probably missed some things but you will get a lot of positive responses on this question from fellow Entegra owners.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:57 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Why Entegra

Traded a 02 Monaco Diplomat for 13 Entegra Aspire

Why Entegra
1. Quality everywhere
2. Nemar like features but w better colors and finish
3. Spartan chassis
3. 450 HP
4. Quietest coach I test drove
5. 2 yr warranty vs most others 12 months
6. Amish folks with good work ethics build it vs others who don't give a s......
7. Interior/Exterior color schemes were well balanced vs wild or boring
8. Construction seems stout
9. Flush slideouts
10. Flush frame windows
11. Multiplex lighting
12. LED lights throughout interior
13. Nice UltraLeather furnishings
14. Good Customer support.....so far... so good
2016 Ford Edge toad
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:27 PM   #9

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty56 View Post
Quiet Ride, Quality of the build, two year warranty, spartan chassis, outstanding paint graphics, flush wall slides, more insulation than any other manufacturer, and a customer service team that you can call and someone answers. I probably missed some things but you will get a lot of positive responses on this question from fellow Entegra owners.
An Entegra salesman at Phoenix tried to impress with some of the above, he wouldn't talk to me after I reminded him about Newmar's features that he seemed to "forget"
They are nice looking rigs but until they will customize like Newmar will we'll stay with Newmar.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
An Entegra salesman at Phoenix tried to impress with some of the above, he wouldn't talk to me after I reminded him about Newmar's features that he seemed to "forget"
They are nice looking rigs but until they will customize like Newmar will we'll stay with Newmar.
What features did he forget?
Old 02-19-2013, 04:26 AM   #11

Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
For the Aspire owners, I'm wondering how long the propane lasts with the Aqua-Hot providing heat and hot water. We plan to do a little boon docking and not be anywhere too cold, but even in Florida it has been cold the last couple of weeks. That is my only concern with the Aspire if we are somewhere for two or three weeks I don't want to have to pack up and get propane.
Old 02-19-2013, 06:29 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL417 View Post
Most amenities at the price point. Two year bumper to bumper warrantee. Spartan chassis. Right floor plan for me. Quality construction. Quality Entegra support. Trust. I haven't found a big negative, for me, thus far. This is my first, and likely my last. We full time.

If I hadn't bought an Anthem, at this price point, I'd have purchased a Newmar Mountain Aire. I looked hard at the MA, as well as Tiffen (which I was originally pointing towards, specifically the Phaeton w/ tag axle). The Newmar Dutch Star is the equivalent to the Aspire, but more expensive, and I was not impressed with it.

The bad...narrow dealer's network (but it is expanding as Entegra expands production this year). Entegra will help you find the service you need if you're away from your original sales location. There have been some paint issues (orange peel) in the past, and I have a few paint issues Other issues are really minor. It would be nice if Entegra would put full power protection in (low and high voltage...add a Progressive 50 EMS system. Some are frustrated with the In Motion satellite antenna, and we hear that Entegra will offer the Winegard Traveller next year as an option (I'm happy with In Motion thus far). Some point to dated floor plans (but if you like what they offer, not an issue).

Again, in the end Entegra is the most for the best price, period.
Couldn't have said better. My DW and I are on our way to take delivery of a new Cornerstone. We also considered the MADP and Allegro Bus. The points about value are spot on. I will gladly take a K3 chassis over a Mountain Master every day of the week. The Entegra network is expanding -- just saw that Tom Johnson in NC is becoming a dealer. We got over our concern about the dealer support when we found a dealer that is within 25 miles of our home.

Others have mentioned the customer support. Within 60 minutes of our agreeing to a deal, I got a call from one of the sales managers at Entegra in Indiana. It was late on a Saturday afternoon. I've NEVER gotten a call directly from the home office of a manufacturer (without my initiating it anyway) let along one thanking me for buying their product. I was floored. You'll find many posts by folks you have been contacted directly by Entegra about correcting issues before they get to the recall stage. I find that impressive as compared with other manufacturers who seem to believe that pilgrimages to Alabama or, worse yet, ignoring customers having serious quality issues with their luxury coaches are part of the buying experience.

Good luck with your decision. I hope these posts are helpful to your decision.

2013 Entegra Cornerstone 45K
2012 Cadillac SRX and 2014 H-D FLHTK
P&GD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:46 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by P&GD View Post
Couldn't have said better. My DW and I are on our way to take delivery of a new Cornerstone. We also considered the MADP and Allegro Bus. The points about value are spot on. I will gladly take a K3 chassis over a Mountain Master every day of the week. The Entegra network is expanding -- just saw that Tom Johnson in NC is becoming a dealer. We got over our concern about the dealer support when we found a dealer that is within 25 miles of our home.

Others have mentioned the customer support. Within 60 minutes of our agreeing to a deal, I got a call from one of the sales managers at Entegra in Indiana. It was late on a Saturday afternoon. I've NEVER gotten a call directly from the home office of a manufacturer (without my initiating it anyway) let along one thanking me for buying their product. I was floored. You'll find many posts by folks you have been contacted directly by Entegra about correcting issues before they get to the recall stage. I find that impressive as compared with other manufacturers who seem to believe that pilgrimages to Alabama or, worse yet, ignoring customers having serious quality issues with their luxury coaches are part of the buying experience.

Good luck with your decision. I hope these posts are helpful to your decision.
We are still a little while off in our decision but with all of this good to great info it will probably make our that much easier. We have a dealer within 50 miles of us and the manufacturer is only a few hours a way. I may contact them and see if they give factory tours. I would think they would if you're planning on spending that much cash on something. Never hurts to ask.
Whatnobeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 09:02 AM   #14

The entegra line is where the tiffin line should be right now but tiffin decided to go with volume sales instead and rely on past reputation ; which is going downhill fast. Flame suit on!!!!!!!!!