Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-21-2013, 12:28 AM   #1

Why is there only one electric toilet in the RBQ Coaches

Hello! Does anyone know why there is only one electric toilet on the RBQ models no matter if you buy the Aspire, Anthem or Cornerstone? Also on the electric toilet can you use regular toilet paper instead of the special one ply that is sold at the RV supply stores? I know this seems like a silly question but I'm trying to learn the most I can before I buy one of this beautiful coaches.

Thanks in Advance.
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2013, 06:11 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Can't answer the first.

As to single ply, that's recommended, as you already know. Get's us by, surprisingly, so why test the waters of clogged lines or a screwed up tank. Things aren't as fluffy, but after all, we're "camping".
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:19 AM   #3
YC1

We have only use the RV paper a few times over 30 yrs of rv's. Good clean outs probably prevented issues.

As for the macerating toilet in our current RV we use the same paper as we do at home and yes it gets processed a bit on the way to the tank. No other paper products of course. No baby wipes or anything that does not break up easily.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 07:10 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandcanyon View Post
Hello! Does anyone know why there is only one electric toilet on the RBQ models no matter if you buy the Aspire, Anthem or Cornerstone? Also on the electric toilet can you use regular toilet paper instead of the special one ply that is sold at the RV supply stores? I know this seems like a silly question but I'm trying to learn the most I can before I buy one of this beautiful coaches.

Thanks in Advance.
If you will note the electric toilet in the RBQ's are in the back. They need the macerator to pump from the back of the coach to the tanks located approximately in the middle of the coach. Same goes for the aspire DLQ that has the macerator with the shower mid cabin. It has to pump to the black tank on the opposite side of the coach. Macerators come with a 1 1/2 inch line allowing the pump to force the waste thru the line. Manual toilets have a 3 inch line similar to a home where the water pushes the waste. Most manual toilets just open up and drop the waste into the black tank. That is how it was explained to me by Entegra. Makes sense to me.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:08 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandcanyon View Post

Thanks in Advance.
It's a good thing that you have one of the toilets a non electric. For one reason, when the black tank gets to a certain level, the electric toilet will shut down so "stuff" does not get up into the flushing mechanism, but the non-electric toilet will continue to work for a few more days, or until you agent to a dump station...same benefit if there is a loss of power for some reason. Also, the non-electric uses less water, so depending on the amount of time one may boondock, you can conserve water by using only the non-electric toilet.
Our last coach we had, had 2 electric toilets...very glad our current RBQ has a non-electric toilet.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #6

Hello to All!

Thanks for all of the good information, I learned something valuable today, now it makes sense why one of the toilets is manual.

Thanks Again to All!!
Grandcanyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2013, 10:02 AM   #7
YC1

Ditto on the water usage if boondocking. We turn the water pump off for water waste flushing. We also use paper liners for heavy stuff when boondocking. These things can fill in a couple of days with normal water level flushes. They are nice when you have hookups because you do use more water and they keep the tank cleaner in my opinion.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote