Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-01-2015, 05:50 PM   #1

Windshield chip repair

Last month in South Dakota I ended up with two windshield chips with small cracks at the same time. There is a fellow in Mitchell who works at Dicks Body Shop, charged me 65.00 to fix both of them. One was pretty nasty, he did a nice job. His name was Loren, gave me his after hours number as well. Nice folks, had to push to take the tip. They also do towing.

Dicks' 605-996-2372

Lorens Service 605-770-2011 (after hours)
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-01-2015, 06:33 PM   #2

Very good. Seems like windshield dings are part & parcel of owning one of these things (especially in west TX with all of the oil field trucks). I picked up a chip and, within 24 hours it was fixed by Safelite ($100 though).
hawgguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:02 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
That's why I bought my own kit and carry it with me when we travel. Takes 5 minutes to fix a chip and prevents having to replace the windshield. $250 will buy you a basic repair kit. I know your insurance will usually pay for chip repairs but you have the trouble of finding someone to do it and sometimes if you don't get it fixed right away a chip will go to a crack overnight.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
That's why I bought my own kit and carry it with me when we travel. Takes 5 minutes to fix a chip and prevents having to replace the windshield. $250 will buy you a basic repair kit. I know your insurance will usually pay for chip repairs but you have the trouble of finding someone to do it and sometimes if you don't get it fixed right away a chip will go to a crack overnight.
When I got my dime sized chip a month or so ago I called my insurer (progressive), got their windshield claims department and they had a Safelite guy at my storage facility that day. 15 min later it was all fixed. Pretty cool.
Old 09-01-2015, 08:53 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondrew View Post
When I got my dime sized chip a month or so ago I called my insurer (progressive), got their windshield claims department and they had a Safelite guy at my storage facility that day. 15 min later it was all fixed. Pretty cool.

Yep!
$250 is more than my collision deductible. Chip fix is free, and they are extremely more proactive now. A fixed chip saves me a a $50 comp deductible, and the ins co much more. Smart!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
repair