Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-07-2019, 04:17 PM   #29

Tiffin Owners Club
As promised, here are a couple still of the Rayzar the way Entegra is currently installing it. I say "currently", because Entegra appears to be very receptive to customer improvements.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-03-07-18h11m09s535.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	237197   Click image for larger version

Name:	vlcsnap-2019-03-07-18h11m48s968.jpg
Views:	78
Size:	118.8 KB
ID:	237198  

DeWat is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-07-2019, 04:59 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWat View Post
As promised, here are a couple still of the Rayzar the way Entegra is currently installing it. I say "currently", because Entegra appears to be very receptive to customer improvements.
2018 Cornerstone with WiFi antenna next to Rayzar. Not sure if raising antenna with "raiser" would be a problem for WiFi antennas?Click image for larger version

Name:	20180319_154434_001.jpeg
Views:	133
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	237204Click image for larger version

Name:	20180319_154624_001.jpeg
Views:	88
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	237205
Old 03-07-2019, 06:10 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneknight View Post
This thread has gotten both better and more confusing than I thought it would!

My '17 Aspire has a king jack antenna.

Am I understanding some Entegra's came with the Rayzor automatic antenna?

And this talk of better reception by raising the antenna off the roof, does this apply only to a Rayzor?
Or will the kind jack work better if it is lifted higher?
And is there a kit to do this?
Could you post a picture of your King jack antenna?
Also, did you buy the coach new? Is the King jack standard for ‘17 Aspire?
Thanks
SAS30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 05:23 AM   #32

Tiffin Owners Club
While exploring the option of possibly raising the Rayzar Auto myself and moving it a little farther from the AC unit, I downloaded and reviewed the User Guide to confirm that all of the electrical connections consisted of a signal coax cable, the same coax cable that carried the TV signal. What I learned is that for now, Entegra is not doing anything by the manual when mounting the Rayzar Auto.

First, there is the recommended 12 inch side to side separation, the 24 inch front separation, and what appears to be an 18 inch rear separation. More importantly, Winegard says to mount the unit with the coax connection facing the rear. (I'm guessing that part of this recommendation is to help in preventing water intrusion through the coax connector area, especially when in motion). So while already knowing that the antenna separation recommendations were not followed (not always possible given everything on the roof of a motorhome), I went back and looked again at the pictures Ditto and I posted. Sure enough, both sets of pictures show the coax connection facing the front of the motorhome.

So for those of us who are technical/geeky (I proudly were that label) and like to see the direction of the antenna based on the dots on the amplifier; such as, confirming that the antenna is pointed towards a large city, keep in mind that the amplifier wall plate dots will be reversed. So when the dots are showing the antenna pointing in a NW direction, it is really pointing in a SE direction, and so on and so on. As always, I reserve the right to be wrong!
DeWat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 09:44 AM   #33

Entegra Owners Club
I don't understand why they are putting them so close to the A/C and Girard units. Surely there is a better place that would have fewer nearby obstructions. My hunch is that nobody at Entegra has had to experience the signal degradation that results from poor antenna placement, so there is no effort to optimize the signal.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:38 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAS30 View Post
Could you post a picture of your King jack antenna?
Also, did you buy the coach new? Is the King jack standard for ‘17 Aspire?
Thanks
No pic right now sorry.
We bought the coach lightly used, but the King Jack must be OEM, as it's parts penetrate the cieling so it can be rotated.

I'm thinking a Rayzor automatic, mounted above the plane on the roof, will be in my future.

How high can it be?
'17 aspire is how tall?
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 12:43 PM   #35

I finally finished this today. A forum member turned me on to a slightly used Rayzor Automatic, and I got it mounted up today.

It works good. The king jack got nutiin at all where we are, the razor gets 30 something channels.

The automatic is most nice.

I made brackets to lift it 6" off the roof, and moved it back, 2 solar panels will someday straddle #1 a/c.
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190418_140049732_HDR.jpeg
Views:	73
Size:	72.9 KB
ID:	242558
Old 04-19-2019, 08:43 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRUSA14 View Post
I don't understand why they are putting them so close to the A/C and Girard units. Surely there is a better place that would have fewer nearby obstructions. My hunch is that nobody at Entegra has had to experience the signal degradation that results from poor antenna placement, so there is no effort to optimize the signal.
I believe they are putting the OTA antenna there because it’s a straight drop down to the control box in the compartment above the passenger seat. I also assume it’s for ease of wiring. At least this is the way it is on our 2017 Anthem.
Flanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 10:14 AM   #37

Entegra Owners Club
You may be right, but by that logic they should put the accelerator pedal in the rear bath because it is a straight drop down to the engine.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 06:23 PM   #38

I have a 2014 Aspire and I’m installing the rayzor antenna. Where would I pick up the 12 volt power for the controller. I have the DEQ model Aspire with the fireplace and the video controller just above the fireplace. Help.
gasman405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2019, 08:30 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasman405 View Post
I have a 2014 Aspire and I’m installing the rayzor antenna. Where would I pick up the 12 volt power for the controller. I have the DEQ model Aspire with the fireplace and the video controller just above the fireplace. Help.
I stumbled across this while searching for something else. Hopefully your question has been answered?

The Razor Automatic comes with a standard switch box mount control panel that will replace the panel for your existing Batwing or King Jack. All the existing wiring will move over, it fits in the same hole, plug and play.

Tags
antenna