Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2018, 05:50 PM   #1

Winegard Satellite Again!

When the coach was new I got a “no communication with antenna” code. Winegard replaced the turret and it worked one time and got the same code. NIRVC fixed it again but not sure what they did. Just pulled in Campground and now getting the code again after it worked just twice. So frustrated with this. I sent an email to NIRVC and hopefully they can find a mobile tech near me. Anyone know of a good one near Bowling Green, KY?
Thanks,
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2018, 06:44 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Mine too

Hi Kladner....I'm sorry I can't help you.
I'm assuming you have the Winegard Traveller. We have the same unit with the same trouble
Once you have it up and running...could you kindly post what the issue was, so myself and others could maybe self trouble shoot our unit (with your help), as ours is old enough to be off warranty.
Thanks in advance
LEBEH 😎
Old 11-16-2018, 07:47 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSBEH View Post
Hi Kladner....I'm sorry I can't help you.

I'm assuming you have the Winegard Traveller. We have the same unit with the same trouble

Once you have it up and running...could you kindly post what the issue was, so myself and others could maybe self trouble shoot our unit (with your help), as ours is old enough to be off warranty.

Thanks in advance

LEBEH [emoji41]

I certainly will.
Old 11-17-2018, 08:16 AM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I don't know if they're working on Saturday, but Winegard customer service might be able to talk you through the problem. I haven't had the same problem as yours, but the ones I have had they have fixed for me over the phone.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2018, 03:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
I don't know if they're working on Saturday, but Winegard customer service might be able to talk you through the problem. I haven't had the same problem as yours, but the ones I have had they have fixed for me over the phone.

I did talk to them and NIRVC. They both seem to think it is the data cable.
Old 11-17-2018, 04:45 PM   #6

Dumb question: did you turn on the DTV reciever before powering up the winegard box?
Old 11-18-2018, 10:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobobjet View Post
Dumb question: did you turn on the DTV reciever before powering up the winegard box?

Yes it was on but thanks.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:39 PM   #8

I've given up on mine!

It's broke more than it's fixed anymore. Last year we ended up fighting with them for about 7 months before the entire unit was replaced one part at a time. Then 4 months later and it's out again but this time it's not under warranty. In my experience the telephone reps don't really care and the product is fragile.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 06:03 AM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
This trip, My "A" side connected to LNB 1 in the coach was not getting signal, "B" side for LNB2 in the coach was fine. Bought a single coax 6' cable at Walmart and replaced the cable from LNB A to A on the turret on the Winegard on the roof, problem fixed. Hope you get yours fixed.
2013 Thor Challenger 37DT - Sold
Mwoodofd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2019, 07:28 PM   #10

I haven’t picked it up but NIRVC has told me they replaced data cable and that fixed the problem. Fingers crossed!!!
Old 01-02-2019, 07:23 AM   #11

One thing about this particular error code..

..It can either be the Mini Coax or the Turret assembly.

I went through this song and dance, and once Winegard aimed me at the Turret I discovered Entegra had used so much silicone they had effectively created a bowl for water to accumulate around the seam between the Transition Plate (bolts to roof) and the base of the Turret.

I saw a problem when I separated the Turret and Transition Plate, and noticed a fair amount of water inside the Turret assembly.

Investigation revealed the excessive silicone use, forcing water to overwhelm the open cell foam seal between the Transition and Turret. I don’t understand why this seal isn’t more water resistant, but it isn’t.

I removed the factory sealant and reapplied a sparing amount, leaving multiple paths for water to escape.

Here is a link to my story: http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/wine...es-359527.html

-Matt
2016 Open Range RF376FBH (Sold)
Matt D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 07:43 AM   #12

Have you tried pushing the red reset button on the receiver?
Old 04-05-2019, 09:19 PM   #13

Update. I picked up the coach a few weeks ago and tested it while at NIRVC. It worked perfectly. Got to a campground a few days later and got the same code. “No antenna communication “. To say the least, I was ready to explode. I hit the power button to turn off and then turned back on and it worked. When I left two weeks later it stowed without a problem. Every part has been replaced at least once and now the data cable. It’s really disappointing to have to hold your breath every time you want to deploy or stow the dish. I wish Entegra would think about using a different brand. Sorry for the rant but maybe my expectations are to high by thinking it should work when needed.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:58 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kladner View Post
Update. I picked up the coach a few weeks ago and tested it while at NIRVC. It worked perfectly. Got to a campground a few days later and got the same code. “No antenna communication “. To say the least, I was ready to explode. I hit the power button to turn off and then turned back on and it worked. When I left two weeks later it stowed without a problem. Every part has been replaced at least once and now the data cable. It’s really disappointing to have to hold your breath every time you want to deploy or stow the dish. I wish Entegra would think about using a different brand. Sorry for the rant but maybe my expectations are to high by thinking it should work when needed.
Matt D's linked post sounds like the same problem. If your unit is holding water because of a poor roof mount, as Matt and a few others found, the problems will continue. None of the repair or troubleshooting people are looking for a bad roof mount and it gets over looked.

From past experience, Entegra seals things on the roof too much trying to avoid roof leaks. Sometimes more is not good As Matt found on his Sat dish.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote