Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-22-2016, 12:18 PM   #1

Winegard Trav'ler Satellite on 2013 Aspire

Has anyone had or installed a Trav'ler HD Satellite on a 2013 Aspire. Mine has a in motion satellite wondering if there was a way to link them together. All input is appreciated Is it possibly prewired ?
slick rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2016, 02:13 PM   #2

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
I have both and use an A/B switch.

Pat Bauer, President
Entegra Coach Owners Association
www.entegraowners.com
2013 Aspire DEQ/Ford Edge
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 03:31 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
On my Aspire, I had a Trav'ler (aftermarket) and it was fine. Have a good RV audio/visual guy give you an estimate. There is a forum contributor who might have some ideas...TVformyRV I think.
Marcosdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 07:14 AM   #4

Our 2014 anthem came with the in motion system and I installed the trav'ler system myself.

It was very straight forward with the biggest challenge being the effort required to work up the fortirude to drill holes in the roof.

All required wires are pre wired at assembly and I requested the wiring schematic from Jeremy in CS which helped a lot.

Easy DIY project and most installers will over charge you as their price will include fishing new wires that you already have.
weirba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:37 AM   #5

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Overland Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcosdad View Post
On my Aspire, I had a Trav'ler (aftermarket) and it was fine. Have a good RV audio/visual guy give you an estimate. There is a forum contributor who might have some ideas...TVformyRV I think.
OK. Took a little research and here is the scoop.

You can use an A/B switch between a SWM3 Travler and a dome antenna either roof mounted or portable.

However, DO NOT go to Radio Shack ( or equivalent ) and get a $10 switch! The switch has to provide voltage isolation from one side to the other, ( there will be two power inserters in this setup) and also have sufficient bandwidth to handle the multi channel SWM communications.

You will also need the SWM-840 kit to convert the output of the dome antenna to a SWM signal.

Winegard recommends the Diamond CX210N broadband switch. You will also need 3 Type "N" to type "F" coax adapters, as the switch is not available with type "F" (standard TV) coax connections.

I've attached the wiring diagram provided by Winegard. ( I hope.)

These switches are available online, but not very many places carry them.

P.S. Amazon does NOT have the best price on these....
Owners of: www.tvformyrv.com
TVforMyRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 11:54 AM   #6

I'm hoping to go to the winegard trav'ler for my directv. I want HD. I have the in motion mission now. Why would I keep the old one? What am I missing here? Thanks. (non techy guy who wants HD)
Old 03-23-2016, 12:03 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapa1 View Post
I'm hoping to go to the winegard trav'ler for my directv. I want HD. I have the in motion mission now. Why would I keep the old one? What am I missing here? Thanks. (non techy guy who wants HD)
Some like to keep the in motion for Grand kids, DW, etc watching TV while traveling. Switch to the Traveler for HD when parked.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:33 PM   #8

thanks. We've yet to watch "in motion" They all seem to use smart phones etc while we're moving. But I might as well keep the old system operable too I guess.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:05 PM   #9

I have both on our coach. My first reason to keep the dome was - "It still works" and what I wanted was HD so that's where the Trav'ler came in. What I've since experienced is because I have the dome up front and the pop-up at the rear, sometimes due to trees and other obstructions, we can still get one of them to lock on and have TV for that stay. IMO, SD is still better then nothing for us.
InfinityJim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:17 PM   #10

Thanks to all for the help. Satellites on order with accessories can't wait to get to work.
Old 03-23-2016, 01:24 PM   #11

Newmar Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Coastal Campers
This is great for SWM technology. Is there a version for Dish network?
FMCA: F482061 | NKK: 22422
We_B_Tripn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 01:34 PM   #12

Can anyone tell me approx. where the wires are located on the Roof
Old 03-23-2016, 02:39 PM   #13
JJT

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Can anyone tell me approx. where the wires are located on the Roof
I have thought about tackling this project myself for the past few months. I have heard that starting in 2015 the coaches had both wiring options installed so I called Entegra to see if my late 2014 might already have the wiring for the Traveler, but no such luck. Would like to keep the dome so anyone that has performed this install, information on the project would be most welcome.

Thanks
JJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 02:45 PM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by slick rick View Post
Has anyone had or installed a Trav'ler HD Satellite on a 2013 Aspire. Mine has a in motion satellite wondering if there was a way to link them together. All input is appreciated Is it possibly prewired ?
Yes I did this. There was no prewire for Trav'ler in 2013 at least not on mine. What floorplan do you have? I can give you some ideas for fishing the control cables on an RBQ. You should be able to use existing coax. Coax and control cables feed in thru a dummy vent cap. We got rid of the dome (sold it for $800) as it would have no use for us and I wanted more space available for solar panels. Our setup is a DISH Trav'ler with Hopper/Joey receivers.
voltdoc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
satellite