RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-04-2019, 08:55 AM   #1

Winterize Residential Refrig

Time to winterize, first time with a residential refrig and ice maker; what is the best way to winterize it
Thanks
Bob

macbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-04-2019, 11:09 AM   #2

Nothing to do to the refer itself other than empty, clean, than prop open the doors. Nothing to do inside the freezer portion where the ice maker is because it's designed to be frozen.

For the ice maker: Before you shut it off, disconnect the water tube outside the refer that comes from the ice maker after shutting off the water. Disconnect it down low, below the level of the ice maker. Then let the ice maker make the last batch of ice. The tube outside of the refer needs to be drained and to do that, try to find the lowest point the water might accumulate in that tubing and drain forward of that. Usually that means disconnecting the tubing under the sink inside the RV. Let it drain out into a bucket or something. Won't be much water. The valve can be operated so it drains by calling for ice while it's still cold in the freezer portion.

That should do it. You're just trying to get the water out of the tubing is all. Any water in the ice maker itself is fine because it's designed to be frozen anyway. Most like to mop it out though so mold won't try to grow in it before it's frozen by the weather.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : http://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 04:51 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
This is what I do for the Frig -

I use air to blow out the the water - either at the hose or the filter connection on the left side of the wet bay "the small one for the frig and sink".

I tape a glass to the water dispenser because ours will lock out the water if it runs for a min or two "run it until it locks out 4 or 5 times". Then I let the ice maker cycle a couple of times with the air still connected. Then I remove the filter in the top of the frig and I'm done.

or Just head south -
Old 11-04-2019, 06:02 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
Winterize Residential Refrig

My procedure is similar to Mikeís. First thing to do is remove all the water filters in the coach including the one inside the fridge. Whirlpool (and my Kitchenaid in the S&B which is effectively the same) closes off the filter connection and lets water flow when the filter is removed. I donít worry about running ice cycles or get overly concerned about making sure it is completely dry. The fridge in both my Entegras have been on a slide and freeze in temps below about 20 with no ill effect. We used our Anthem in temps to around 10, water to the fridge froze and thawed later without issue.

I made the mistake of using antifreeze on the fridge once, took several days to clear the color and flavor of the antifreeze. Jameson and antifreeze is terrible!

I agree with Mikeís last suggestion which is what we will do this year!
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2019, 12:46 PM   #5

After winterizing the rig, run the fridge ( pump on, winterize hose in a gallon of antifreeze) untill it makes pi l ice.

2017 Entegra Aspire, 2008 Monaco Knight, 2000 Fleetwood Pace Arrow
oneknight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
winter, winterize