Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #1

Winterizing

Maybe this was talked about on a thread prior to my purchase. When I picked up my Aspire it was full of RV antifreeze. I was not told how to winterize. Is there a video showing how to do this? On my old coach I used to drain the whole system and pulled the plug in the hot water heater. I worried about the washer but never had a problem. Since it does not normally get all that cold here in central Texas I usually just turn on the furnace set as low as it will go. Even at 40 degrees nothing will freeze. Thoughts? Is it easier since the Entegras come with a winterization kit to add antifreeze?

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2013, 01:59 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
When I lived in CO, I was one of those that blew the water out of the lines using an air compressor and poured a little antifreeze in the P traps. That was before the days of bottled water and I hated getting rid of the antifreeze taste out of the water lines. If I had to winterized now, I would probably do it the same way. For me it was easier to set the compressor at 35 PSI, use a clip on air chuck then walk around opening up faucets.

However I guess the Entegra's come with a kit for a reason.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 03:30 PM   #3

Joyce e-mailed me about my coach that is having a new drivers window installed (wind noise and water leak). I ask her about what to do for Texas winters. She said to turn on just the electric floor heat and the basement heat. She said it would do just fine. I only have 20 amps in the RV garage so I have ask how many amps the electric heater will pull but I think it is just a 1500 watt heater and if so I have plenty of power in the garage. I have 50 amp service but not in the RV garage.

JJ
Old 11-11-2013, 07:03 PM   #4

Since we will be using our coach on trips throughout the NY winter months, I called Entegra CS. I was told the same thing when I called customer service as what was stated in your email from Joyce. I actually called as asked how to I turn on my tank heaters.... I was told I don't have tank heaters; instead, Entegra uses basement heating. So I was instructed to:

1. Turn on my Auqahot to electric
2. Turn on thermostat to heat
3. Set zone 2 (in-floor) heat to "gas"
4. Set temp to desired temp (for me in upstate NY about, 40 degrees)
5. Turn on basement heat (located in the basement)
6. Set basement heat to desired temp (for me in NY, about 65 degrees)
7. Set Zone 1 and 3 heat to "gas"
8. Set zone 1 and 3 to desired temp (for me in NY, 50 degrees)

The Aquahot will run just fine on 20 amps as CS told me. (not 15 amps, I tried and kept tripping the house breaker)

For added NY winter security, belt and suspenders I call it, I also use antifreeze.

1. Open fresh water tank valve to drain fresh water tank
2. Open fresh water valves to drain lines to faucet
3. Open all faucets and drinking water knobs (there will be air in the line holding water in the washer
4. Pull house filter, drinking wear filter and water filter from fridge (put plug in fridge)
5. Close valves and faucets
6. Put winterization hose into gallon jug of antifreeze (have 4 gallons available)
7. Turn on pump and suck in antifreeze until the pump stops (keep tube in antifreeze)
8. Turn on washer (about 45-60 seconds), then his cancel to drain
9. Pour 4 cups of antifreeze into the washer
10. Pour antifreeze down all ptraps (sinks, shower, toilets)
11. I also pull out my fresh water hose and drain water as well, even though the basement heat and in-floor heat is on.
Finally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #5

Here is the info Joyce got for me. Maybe some others will be able to use this information.

Jerry:

I am told that since the floor heat runs off the Aqua Hot system, that takes a 25 amp fuse. They say it draws about 15 amps at start up and about 10 to run on. Does that help?

Joyce Skinner
Director, Customer Service
Entegra Coach

JJ
Old 11-12-2013, 10:34 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
Here is the info Joyce got for me. Maybe some others will be able to use this information. Jerry: I am told that since the floor heat runs off the Aqua Hot system, that takes a 25 amp fuse. They say it draws about 15 amps at start up and about 10 to run on. Does that help? Joyce Skinner Director, Customer Service Entegra Coach JJ
Two different voltages. The AquaHot runs on 12 volt. Your 20 amp circuit in your garage is 120 volt so the 25 amp fuse is not the same as 20 amp 120 volt. Volts x's amps = watts.
TerryO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
Two different voltages. The AquaHot runs on 12 volt. Your 20 amp circuit in your garage is 120 volt so the 25 amp fuse is not the same as 20 amp 120 volt. Volts x's amps = watts.
Boy if you are right I was very confused. I assumed the electric side of the Aqua Hot was AC. You are saying it is DC. If it is DC then I should have no issues running it off my 20 amp circuit. The AC would be charging the batteries with the charger in the inverter and the batteries would be running the Aquahot.

JJ
Old 11-12-2013, 12:17 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
The Aquahot is 120 volt. Just stick with what Joyce said. Since you are probably still on pain killers Terry might be messin' with ya!
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2013, 05:12 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowabeachbum View Post
The Aquahot is 120 volt. Just stick with what Joyce said. Since you are probably still on pain killers Terry might be messin' with ya!
Not on the Aspire. The 375LP runs on 12volt. The only thing on it that's 120 is the electric element and that's on the 30 amp leg.
Old 11-12-2013, 06:00 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryO View Post
Not on the Aspire. The 375LP runs on 12volt. The only thing on it that's 120 is the electric element and that's on the 30 amp leg.
I don't know what you have Terry but my unit works off AC power and or LP. I just went to the Aquahot site. I looked at the 400 LP. This is 120 volts AC-1650 watts. The 375 LP is 120 volt 1500 watts. The fans I'm sure are DC but not the heating element.
Www.aquahot.com
JJ
Old 11-12-2013, 07:52 PM   #11

Reading on the Aquahot site on the 400LP.

Electrical requirements

Heating element 120 volt/1650W
Heating element 120 volt/20 amps
Max DC draw (starting) 7 amps
Operating DC amp draw/hour 7 amps
I assume the DC is the fan/fans

JJ
Old 11-12-2013, 09:00 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
Reading on the Aquahot site on the 400LP. Electrical requirements Heating element 120 volt/1650W Heating element 120 volt/20 amps Max DC draw (starting) 7 amps Operating DC amp draw/hour 7 amps I assume the DC is the fan/fans JJ
Yep your controls, burner ignition, draft inducer, stir pump all of that is 12v. The heating element is 120v. If the 400 has a 1650 watt element that's 1650/120=16.5 amps. The blowers on the heat exchangers are 12v.

Tags
winter