Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-20-2016, 06:11 PM   #1

Wiper Blades Flying

Bought a 2014 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ, only 3,800 miles. on the way home from Oklahoma City i got caught in a downpour, could hardly see the truck in front. All of a sudden the DS wiper flies off, with me in middle off 4 lanes. Lots of sweat but finally got off hiway.(changed shorts) rain stopped,took off the PS wiper and put on DS. extended PS arm to keep from rubbing. Got back on hiway, later another downpour. turn on one wiper, fine for about 5 min, then wam there goes the other wiper. Had to pull off and wait to end of rain..Any ideas ?
umsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #2

Please be more specific on exactly what happened. I had the DS wiper arm slip on the shaft and it went off the outside of the windshield and rested on the mirror arm. Is that what happened to yours?
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by umsman View Post
Bought a 2014 Entegra Anthem 42RBQ, only 3,800 miles. on the way home from Oklahoma City i got caught in a downpour, could hardly see the truck in front. All of a sudden the DS wiper flies off, with me in middle off 4 lanes. Lots of sweat but finally got off hiway.(changed shorts) rain stopped,took off the PS wiper and put on DS. extended PS arm to keep from rubbing. Got back on hiway, later another downpour. turn on one wiper, fine for about 5 min, then wam there goes the other wiper. Had to pull off and wait to end of rain..Any ideas ?
Not sure how that happened.....mine are held on with a small bolt and nut. How were yours held on?

I did have problems with the original blades not working very well. I replaced them with the "boomerang" type of blades and they work great.
dave&ginny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 07:01 PM   #4

Entegra Owners Club
I have had this same thing happen to me twice. The wiper is held onto the shaft with an Allen screw, which seems to have loosened. I tightened it very tightly and it has been okay now for several rain events. I intend to apply Loctite on the Allen screws to keep them from loosening in the future.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 08:39 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tex View Post
Please be more specific on exactly what happened. I had the DS wiper arm slip on the shaft and it went off the outside of the windshield and rested on the mirror arm. Is that what happened to yours?
Mine gone someplace on the hiway..they were attached by plastic clips
umsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 09:23 PM   #6

There was a known problem with that on 2013 & 2014 models. Call Entegra CS they can explain the fix to you.

2016 45 B Topaz Cornerstone
2014 MKT towed
Old 10-20-2016, 09:55 PM   #7

Mine wasn't the wiper arm but just the blade itself coming off the attachment. Luckily it wasn't when driving and needed in a rain storm, but was when I lifted the arm off the windshield to clean the bugs off.

Sent from my iPhone 70NAM
EVsCoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 11:53 PM   #8

Entegra Owners Club
Well, not all attach with an Allen type screw...mine has the central shaft of the wiper have worn smooth, thus the whole blade rotated off the windshield as another reported here. And there is no Allen type approach. the shaft has to be replaced or the whole wiper assembly.

That said, when it happened, it was raining heavily, but I found that the angle of the windshield and the wind pattern clears the window sometimes, better than the wiper blades...so I turned them off and kept going. Obviously, not in a belly washer, but if I'm in that heavy of rain, I, as well as many others are pulling off the road. JMHO
DSL417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 04:10 AM   #9

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I recently received a recall notice from Tiffin regarding replacement wiper arms, as they may come off. Don't know details offhand, or if Tiffin specific or wider scope of frieghtliner.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 05:53 AM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
There was a modification kit on the earlier 2014's for the wiper arms coming off. Mine was done during construction. I had one of the wiper blades come loose, fixed it with super glue 10,000 miles ago.

I no loner drive in heavy rain, not because of the wipers, but the Cummins engine computer that does not like wet conditions when lots of water is splashed on it. It is a stop at Cummins and $99, to have the trouble codes cleared and another 25 bucks to have them blow dry the computer.

The 450 sits high and dry mounted in semis, but in a MH it is mounted low wet depending on road conditions. I learned that one the hard way.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:11 AM   #11

OP said wiper blades. I had the plastic clip on a blade break once. Same effect... fwip fwap fwip fwap Zing....
Just make sure the clip is completly seated. If it happens again it might be a problem with the wiper arm.
Carry spares.
Selah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:19 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Tex View Post
On the 2016 models the arm is attached to the shaft with a nut on the shaft. My failure damaged the tapered bore in the arm. The shaft is tapered and it has splines. My shaft was not damaged, so CS sent me a new arm, which by the way does not have splines. CS also told me that the nut torque was increased to 65 pound feet, which is very tight given the size of the nut. So when the new arm is installed the arm bore which is aluminum conforms to the splines on the shaft. I was ask to also re-torque the PS to the new higher spec. No issues since this was done.
Tall Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 06:38 AM   #13

Entegra Owners Club
For 2014 models only.......there was a recall to the wipers flying off. To help the OP and others, the problem with the 14's was specific to that year. Just my experience owning that year Entegra.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2016, 09:25 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I no loner drive in heavy rain, not because of the wipers, but the Cummins engine computer that does not like wet conditions when lots of water is splashed on it. It is a stop at Cummins and $99, to have the trouble codes cleared and another 25 bucks to have them blow dry the computer.

The 450 sits high and dry mounted in semis, but in a MH it is mounted low wet depending on road conditions. I learned that one the hard way.
Poor Chuck, you are a magnet for every problem imaginable. I have driven in extremely heavy rain and never had an engine problem. Is is possible that your engine computer is improperly shielded?
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote