Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-19-2019, 07:13 AM   #1

Wireless HDMI

I may have to run a new cable from the TV area over the fireplace to the basement. It appears I have a broken cable.
Wondering if anyone has tried a wireless HDMI with any success.

https://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Wirele.../dp/B077BGN2C8

Would rather not run new cable if at all possible.
Thanks.
Tom
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-19-2019, 08:00 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Forest River Owners Club
Wireless HDMI

I have had great luck with the iogear , for 3 years now but I have the more expensive GW3DHDKIT , about 200$ cant speak to the one your looking at. It won’t go through walls well so if you have multiple walls ( floor ) forget about it. It’s distance rating is line of site with no obstructions
Old 04-19-2019, 12:10 PM   #3

Bill;

Thanks.
After reading some of the tech forum, I may not find what I want will work.
The iogear does seem to be a good choice, especially the unit you mentioned.
bevandtomH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 12:14 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
If you have more than one HDMI cable as I do, you can get a HDMI switch. I did just that ad it solved my problem
Old 04-20-2019, 04:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpardee View Post
If you have more than one HDMI cable as I do, you can get a HDMI switch. I did just that ad it solved my problem
X2 on the HDMI switch as a possible solution. We used one rather than try and get to a second HDMI outlet on back of the TV. Used an existing HDMI cable from the TV and connected it to HDMI switch. Then connected two HDMI source cables to the switch. The solution will only work though if you have solid unbroken source connection to begin with. In our case it was satellite and cable and both were readily available at the TV cabinet.
bill2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:11 AM   #6

Entegra Owners Club
Don’t know where you are located, but I had extra HDMI cables run for me by Classic Coach Works in Ormond Beach Florida. They did a great job. I am sure they could either repair your cable or run a new one.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 05:50 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpardee View Post
X3 I’ve used wireless hdmi in the s&b and it works ok but there is a lag so if you used wireless on just one tv, You would notice a lag and little glitches at times. To resolve most of that you would need to put all your TVs on wireless at least those that are near each other.
Nowabeachbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 06:10 AM   #8

We have a wireless HDFlow system at home, one transmitter and 3 receivers. This is a full control system, actually video network routers, where the receivers can switch the transmitter's inputs between 2 HDMIs, RCA jacks, and VGA. It will also work over Ethernet, and works very well.

I believe it also transmits IR remote control signals back from the receivers to the transmitter to blast out there for remote, remote control.

I'm considering this https://www.pimfg.com/product-detail/HDMI-HGWI-200M for a dedicated camera link at church if i can't figure out how to route the cables.

FWIW, that company, PI Mfg, is my go-to source for inexpensive high quality cables and such.
SLOweather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2019, 09:17 PM   #9

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevandtomH View Post
I may have to run a new cable from the TV area over the fireplace to the basement. It appears I have a broken cable.
Wondering if anyone has tried a wireless HDMI with any success.

https://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-Wirele.../dp/B077BGN2C8

Would rather not run new cable if at all possible.
Thanks.
Tom
Tom,I also had a bad cable from the main TV to the basement HDM splitter. I used a two-way HDMI splitter to fix mine for two years until at my PDI where my cable was replaced. The splitter worked flawlessly on my 42RBQ .It was no easy job for the tech's to replace the cable. Maybe your 44B might be easier.

If it's your TV input cable that is broke and your TV receiver, if you use one, is close by, like in the cabinet under the tv, then it's likely a fairly simple job to fix.and no cable run. One small two- way HDMI splitter and two short HDMI cables. A clean permanent repair. All done in the cabinet.
If you want to know how I modified my ckt, let me know.

I'm thinking the IOGEAR , I have one like your's, would not be what your looking for as a fix. The floor would likely prevent it's use and you would likely still need a splitter somewhere in the ckt? The above fix is best.

If you do buy an HDMI splitter, not the switch, buy IOGEAR , no noticeable sound delay like the Best Buy ones were at the time.
Just remembered, the HDMI Wireless Xmitters and others have a xmitter and a pass through port. A splitter.
Pat
FMCA 212171
FreshAir is offline   Reply With Quote