Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2014, 10:47 AM   #1

Wonder if our outside TV will push this much of a speaker through the plug in jack

Boss ATV22C 6.5-Inch 450W Amplified Marine Waterproof Speaker Tweeter System : VMInnovations.com
johnnyreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2014, 11:46 AM   #2

OK, lets get a couple of things straight. That speaker system is NOT 450 watts. They are lying, plain and simple. If you look at the gauge wire they are using to supply the amplifier with, it is not heavy enough to supply the current required for a 450 watt speaker system.

On Edit: I just checked the manual. The fuse is a 10 amp fuse, and the spec is 7 amp max power draw. That would mean the amplifier is good for probably about 15 to 20 watts per channel, which is probably plenty loud enough to play in a camp ground.

Now to answer your question. The speaker system you have linked to is an amplified system. This means that anything will drive it, because the speakers are driven by their own amp. So when you are using as a source is irrelevant. Notice the case. This is designed to take a feed from an Ipod. So pretty much any headphone output would supply it.
Old 08-28-2014, 12:18 PM   #3

Amazon is $145
Gregory0495 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 01:03 PM   #4

thx for the help my outside speakers need something i just have not figured it out yet the tinny sound after a tiny bit of volume is my problem
Old 08-28-2014, 08:14 PM   #5

SO MY question is then if I plug in to the aux port will it play the tv the radio/cd it will play my phone through the speakers outside so I could just plug the phone on slacker or Pandora etc, my real need is will those play on tv or movie thx,
Old 08-28-2014, 11:31 PM   #6

your phone will work. I don't know if an aux out has enough gain to achieve maximum level that the amp can put out. Headphone level is slightly louder than line level (aux). The problem is that we have no idea how the gain structure is set up on a unit like this. What we do know is that ANYTHING with a headphone output will work fine.
Old 08-29-2014, 06:16 AM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Johnny, Those look to be 12v powered speakers which would require adding a 12v outlet.

Just a thought....have you thought of taking a picture of the current speakers and taking that to one of the "boom box" shops and see what kind of ground shaking speakers they have that would fit?
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #8
WDE

Here's a suggested alternative that you can bluetooth from your phone or plug a cord in from the coach tv or radio. I've use this ... sounds GREAT ... very rugged ... nice size for a lot of quality volume. It is available with a black or an orange grill.

The web link to the Apple online store for this item:
Braven BRV-1 Bluetooth Rugged Speaker - Apple Store (U.S.)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-08-29 at 12.22.27 PM.png
Views:	58
Size:	258.0 KB
ID:	72329  
WDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Johnny, Those look to be 12v powered speakers which would require adding a 12v outlet.

Just a thought....have you thought of taking a picture of the current speakers and taking that to one of the "boom box" shops and see what kind of ground shaking speakers they have that would fit?
bro we have a 12volt cig plug right behind tv area don't you,,,, so would this style setup or like others pointed should work correct
Old 08-29-2014, 10:18 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyreno View Post
bro we have a 12volt cig plug right behind tv area don't you,,,, so would this style setup or like others pointed should work correct
To be honest, we have not used our coach enough to be familiar with the outside entertainment center. Ir's been in shops more than trips. Hopefully that is coming to an end soon.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote