Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-14-2016, 08:35 AM   #1

Yes. Another aqua hot issue on the anthem

Argggg . Green burner button shuts off on a mind of its own.. Sometimes after a day of being on and last night for the first time about 30 minutes when I clicked it on for a shower.. Cycle it to off then back on then it restarts,,Anyone else ever experienced this on there systems?
All my pumps have been replaced -
I just had it serviced so new nozzle-
The aqua hot dealer in my town acts clueless on this issue????
lowejug is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-14-2016, 08:41 AM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post
Argggg . Green burner button shuts off on a mind of its own.. Sometimes after a day of being on and last night for the first time about 30 minutes when I clicked it on for a shower.. Cycle it to off then back on then it restarts,,Anyone else ever experienced this on there systems?
While replacing the nozzle did the tech adjust the electrode gap with the provided tool? Or worse yet did he bump the electrodes while slipping the assembly back into the burner can. Seems coincidental that it starts acting up after it was serviced.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:21 AM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowejug View Post

Lowejug, I believe Don's recommendation is the answer to your problems. I was having the same problem for months and no one could figure out and correct the problem including Entegra. After I took it to an authorized AH repair center (THE Hitching Post: located in Ocala, Fl) they changed the fuel nozzle, fuel filter for the 3rd time in 6 months and most importanly they reset the electrode gap, so far it has been working without shutting down on its own. We have only used the coach for about 3 weeks since this last service was done so I am still in the wait and see mode. Here is an older thread that might help you as well:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f278/anot...on-271842.html

Good Luck! Al
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 03:19 PM   #4

If the green light your asking about is the light on the switch then you have a fault which is usually failure to light or relight. My bet is with the others your recent service was poorly done and either the igniter was not set or got hit when reinstalling the burner. It is not hard to set you need a phillips screwdriver a 10mm deep socket with a 12in extension and a 7/16 wrench to disconnect the fuel lines. On the side of the burner unit should be a brass colored gauge if it is not there someone kept it when it was worked on all the info needed is here in the service manual. http://www.aquahot.com/aquahot.com/m...nual_REV_E.pdf

Good luck
1mainiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 08:41 PM   #5

As far as I understand it, the lack of the green light means that that function is no longer on. This can be for numerous reasons. When my diesel light stopped working it turned out to be my ignitor. Just plain old died. Almost exactly one year old and it died during minus ten degrees in North Dakota after New Year's. Wasn't fun. Something is inhibiting your flame from burning. Agreed with the previous posters.... Go through the unit again and systematically figure out what is not right. May be your gap...?. Good luck.
derba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2016, 07:35 AM   #6

Yes. Another aqua hot issue on the anthem

A few things to check, did they replace the fuel filter when doing maintenances? Did they prime the system afterwarss? Did they clean the flame detector? Did they remove the hose clamps from the fuel line? The electronic board should tell you reason for failure. I mention these only because I went through all these issues with repair folks. If it lights and then fails, you may not be getting fuel to the burner. Either the nozzle is plugged, filter plugged or line not purged of air. The fuel pump is not self priming and must have fuel present to work. If not, it will light and then go out causing a flame fail alarm. Just a few simple things to check. Hope it helps.

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV
Old 02-15-2016, 05:20 PM   #7

Entegra Owners Club
Tony, you are a wealth of information on "after tech service" on the AH. Good points to remember.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2016, 08:46 AM   #8

Thanks Chuck. It's self preservation. Had so many issues I have become better than I ever wanted to be.

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV
Old 02-16-2016, 10:06 AM   #9

Just another thing to check, make sure your fuel tank is above 1/4. AH will not get fuel if below.

Tony
2014 Anthem 44B
2011 Honda CRV
Old 02-17-2016, 01:57 PM   #10

I'm skeptical that the ignitor gap could cause intermittent failure to ignite. If you look at the service manual there are many failure points that can be the culprit. For instance in my Allegro Bus with the same frustrating issue it turned out to be the Webasto control unit that is attached to the burner. It is pricey at $300 plus. So the point is you need to troubleshoot it.
rogelling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2016, 06:03 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I attended a Aqua Hot seminar yesterday by Darin Hathaway, an Aqua Hot tech. I was really surprised to learn of all the failure points on an AH unit. Fuel pump pressure was one I never would have thought about. It is adjustable with the correct gauge.
Old 02-18-2016, 06:54 AM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyd51 View Post
Thanks Chuck. It's self preservation. Had so many issues I have become better than I ever wanted to be.
X 2 Tony, "Self Preservation". A lot of us have had to learn more abut these units than we ever thought we would have to know!
AlKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:22 AM   #13

Newmar Owners Club
We have a 2015 Dutch Star and have used our Oasis unit for only a few months. The unit ran fine until recently when it would attempt to start numerous times and then shut down. Since the unit was only a few months old it appeared not to be due the other likely causes as described on earlier replies. The Oasis customer service group had me remove the front panel and remove the control module. The unit started/stopped depending on the orientation of the module. Bottom line, a circuit board within the unit was defective. The replacement module has been installed and no difficultly has been encountered. There have been other posts (Newmar site) which experienced the same type of problem.
rg neumann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 07:46 AM   #14

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al S. View Post
X 2 Tony, "Self Preservation". A lot of us have had to learn more abut these units than we ever thought we would have to know!
That is a big x3 For a simple unit that have been around for a long time.....some units sure have a lot of problems.