Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2014, 01:08 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
[QUOTE=MRUSA14;2198091
Having said all that, the problems on my Anthem have been few, and Entegra has been OUTSTANDING about addressing them. Even Brobox, who is unfortunately the poster child for coach problems, seems to be happy at this point.[/QUOTE]

Not really, I am going in for my final major repair next week, this time the complete rear axle assembly is being replaced. This is the last repair and notice has been given that I will file under the Fl Lemon Law if this is not the last of it. I like the coach, but it just won't stop breaking and I only have 511 personal miles on it.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2014, 03:10 PM   #16

Nor'easters Club
Chuck,

Sorry to hear of yet another issue. Hopefully this will be it and you'll have no need to invoke the lemon law. It's clear you are due for a break (not breakdown).

Good luck,

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #17

Entegra Owners Club
Can't blame you, Chuck. If you do use the Lemon Law you can return the coach for a refund and get one of the 2015's that seem to be made relativly trouble-free.
MRUSA14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 03:30 PM   #18

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
Chuck,

Sorry to hear of yet another issue. Hopefully this will be it and you'll have no need to invoke the lemon law. It's clear you are due for a break (not breakdown).

Good luck,

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
Thank you Lou. No one is as sorry as I am over this. I am the last one that wanted it to come to this. We have countless hours of improvements and mods completed and I dread the thought of giving them up. But the time has finally come that the coach either works or it gets replaced. What I wouldn't give for a simple slide motor needing to be replace I better be careful what I wish for.
Old 08-27-2014, 03:50 PM   #19

Newmar Owners Club
Sorry to hear Chuck. I guess I lost track. Is this a different axle problem than you had before or a new one? I thought I read that Meritor installed a new axle assembly on your rig. Is this a different axle, or was the axle work just a rebuild gone not so good.
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #20

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post
Sorry to hear Chuck. I guess I lost track. Is this a different axle problem than you had before or a new one? I thought I read that Meritor installed a new axle assembly on your rig. Is this a different axle, or was the axle work just a rebuild gone not so good.
Meritior after 2 months of testing and hassles replaced the rear end with a factory new rear end carrier. We took a 511 mile trip to the Keys and on the way home it started to howl just as before. This time Spartan is replacing the complete axle housing and rear end. We are guessing that the axle housing and the rear end housing are not matching up causing the gears to go out. I am finally out of patience and it is now going to come to an end....one way or another.
Old 08-27-2014, 05:02 PM   #21

Georgie Boy Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Not really, I am going in for my final major repair next week, this time the complete rear axle assembly is being replaced. This is the last repair and notice has been given that I will file under the Fl Lemon Law if this is not the last of it. I like the coach, but it just won't stop breaking and I only have 511 personal miles on it.
Chuck, at this rate, you may have to pay a Haitian Voodoo doctor with help getting the "Bad RV" monkey off your back
cucotx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 06:22 PM   #22

Chuck,
I'm so sorry to hear of the continued problem with the rear end of your coach. I feel very fortunate I have only experienced several small issues even though mine coach was completed during the third week of December last year.

How does the Florida lemon law work?

Peter & Kathy Collins
Woodland, Washington

2014 Entegra Anthem 42DEQ
pallencollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 07:14 PM   #23

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Meritior after 2 months of testing and hassles replaced the rear end with a factory new rear end carrier. We took a 511 mile trip to the Keys and on the way home it started to howl just as before. This time Spartan is replacing the complete axle housing and rear end. We are guessing that the axle housing and the rear end housing are not matching up causing the gears to go out. I am finally out of patience and it is now going to come to an end....one way or another.
Chuck,

I feel for you buddy. I am so sorry an ambassador like you has to put up with this never ending crap. Best wishes for the future of your Entegra ownership.

1300W Solar, 1200AH LiFePO4 FMCA F443497
757driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 08:38 PM   #24

Sailor_lou I know what you I have 2013 Anthem and had I read all these problems that are posted I probably wouldn't have bought it.
I get on Newmars owners forum and several other coaches and don't see posts like here.
My coach has had a few minor issues but they have been with products in the coach not so much the coach itself. As they are similar products to the other coaches seems lile we'd see the same problems. Good luck hope your choice turns out to be a good one
roadrunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:30 AM   #25

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Don and all for the kind wishes. If I am no longer a big supporter of Entegra, I hope everyone understands. I have tried, God knows I have tried to make this a good coach, but I have a bad foundation and you can't build a good coach on a bad foundation. I asked Entegra to replace this coach and they declined. By FL Lemom Laws I have to give them "one last change" to fix it after the intent has been filed. So this will be my last repair attempt.

I still like Entegra, too many good ones out there, I just got one of the extremely bad ones. My MH is proof anyone can build a Lemon. I only wish I had one of the good deliveries that everyone else has had.

At least Entegra is trying, they bought there own paint shop and now will hopefully have some quality control over what I received that was called a paint job. Now if they could just do something with Spartan. Tadd Jenkins assured me he had hired an inspector on finished MH's, becasue there sure wasn't one when my coach was delivered.
Old 08-28-2014, 05:30 AM   #26

Nor'easters Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadrunning View Post
Sailor_lou I know what you I have 2013 Anthem and had I read all these problems that are posted I probably wouldn't have bought it.
I get on Newmars owners forum and several other coaches and don't see posts like here.
My coach has had a few minor issues but they have been with products in the coach not so much the coach itself. As they are similar products to the other coaches seems lile we'd see the same problems. Good luck hope your choice turns out to be a good one
Thanks, it's good to hear the positive. Luckily I'm still a few years away from my next purchase so I have time to monitor what's happening out there.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
sailor_lou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 05:45 AM   #27

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailor_lou View Post
Thanks, it's good to hear the positive. Luckily I'm still a few years away from my next purchase so I have time to monitor what's happening out there.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy
Lou, by then we will know if my Entegra turns into a Travel Supreme or continues on it's path to destruction. There are some good Entegras out there out I wouldn't have bought one. I just did not get the luck of the draw. I am sure mine has been a real learning tool for everyone involved and I hope it never happens again. I know it was a learning tool for Precision Paint
Old 08-28-2014, 06:08 AM   #28

Everytime we get the itch to get a newer coach, we go to an RV show like the one in Tampa every winter. But by the time we've checked them out, we ask ourselves....Why? We've done upgrades to the interior of ours, a complete body paint job, solar, res. fridge, AGM's, 42" HDTV, etc. And the quality control of new coach's leaves a lot to be desired. And if it was a newer used one we'd have to make changes to it. So I really don't see us getting rid of our Dutch Star unless a medical condition warrants it.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote