Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-28-2014, 10:26 AM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
Thank you Lou. No one is as sorry as I am over this. I am the last one that wanted it to come to this. We have countless hours of improvements and mods completed and I dread the thought of giving them up. But the time has finally come that the coach either works or it gets replaced. What I wouldn't give for a simple slide motor needing to be replace I better be careful what I wish for.
I understand the hesitation about the losing the improvements. Having done them once you will find it easier to replace them than it was to do it the first time.

I always find that after I have finished mods or repairs I say "If I had to do it again I would do it differently".

Although you would have to do the mods over I think it will go faster and you will make several improvements that will help reduce the frustration.

I would also ask/insist that the mods be included as part of the reparations.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-28-2014, 11:34 PM   #30

Newmar Owners Club
Chuck

I give you credit for your determination and patience. From what I have read I don't think you have have been overly picky or hard to please. You paid a lot of money for a working product. I hope the manufacturers stand behind this product or we are all in trouble. Without a political discourse about who makes what a person should have a reasonable expectation their RV does what the brochure says it will do. Mechanical failures and safety issues should have zero discussion. This scratch or that adjustment can be debated.

I don't care if Meritor or Spartan losses $20k in getting you a new axle. If it does not operate like the new RV you paid for (considering your lack of miles), they ought to suck it up and make it right or face a wave of lost sales....and suffer the fate. Entegra needs to use their influence and make sure you get the RV you paid for.

Just a note all you Entegra bashers out there lurking in the mud, there has been similar postings about Tiffins and Newmars in the past so no brand is immune.

It's too bad all this happened to one owner. Come on Entegra, fix this.

IMHO
hogdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:10 AM   #31

Entegra Owners Club
Dave, All I have asked is that this new Entgrea, look, drive, sound, and handle as well my 11 year old Travel Supreme did....so far it has not. It looks brand new inside, but once it's on the road, growls, howls, and wind noise. they did fix the growls by modifying the steering, but I am still plagued with the others. It is just a crying shame this MH was ever allowed to leave the factory in the condition it was in. Entegra has REALLY tried to fix it, but I am out of time and patience with 4,644 miles and six months back and forth to factories and repair shops.

I have yet to bash Entegra, they have been great, but they know as well as I do.... this coach is a Lemon.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 06:45 AM   #32

We wish you all the best chuck and a speedy "rebirth" to your Anthem. I continue to monitor all your threads as you were one of the first to help steer me in the right direction of understanding just what we are getting into. It pains me to see you undergoing all this but at the same time i consider myself and the rest here... Extremely fortunate to have this sort of information.

Really hoping and praying it all works out well for you in the end.. (No pun intended) You deserve as do all to get what you paid for... What Entegra " PROMISES" and be able to enjoy it.. "WITHOUT COMPROMISE"👍👍
Old 08-29-2014, 07:01 AM   #33

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by hogdriver View Post

Just a note all you Entegra bashers out there lurking in the mud, there has been similar postings about Tiffins and Newmars in the past so no brand is immune...
I don't think I have seen a single Newmar owner "bash" EC in the realm of "lemon" deliveries. Certainly we are proud of our brand just as much as you are and we both tend to extoll our choices. There are always folks that are just a tad "zealous" for their choices and both clans have them. Besides, aren't we brothers of different mothers? LOL

I think I have heard some concern from both EC and Newmar owners that BOTH companies need to be VERY careful that they don't sacrifice quality as they are now being pushed to put more units out each day. Any company that allows that to happen will be sorry.

After all the banter between EC and Newmar owners is done I think BOTH sides can agree that good competition is great for the MH industry as a whole and that especially for these two cross town rivals. Let' face it, Newmar HAD to come out with the London Aire because of the CS and of course, that opened a whole new thread dedicated just to that. LOL

In the end, I think, we can agree that we are all proud MH owners and never wish anyone any problems with their MH. That goes especially for situations like the one Chuck has found himself in. It just ain't fair or right. OTOH, Lemons happen no matter what we would like. I, for one, hope EC can make it all better in a way that helps Chuck almost forget these troubles.
Sky_Boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2014, 07:15 AM   #34

Agree 100% Sky Boss.. NM & EC have always been my internal battle. Each has pros and each has cons..my gut steers me to EC But my mind continues to try to find ways to make NM work for us. I dont really mind this struggle as I have learned enough about both company's and all models I'm probably well versed to sell either ... Lol i would feel the same for chuck or any other no matter what brand the issue was with. I'm not a snob in life.. I wont be one in rv life either.. Still cant control envy and jealousy though..