Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Entegra Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2013, 05:44 AM   #57

Entegra Owners Club
I have studied and studied all of the questions and confusion with the Aqua Hot system and I think I have figured out an answer. Yesterday I removed one the space heater that I was going to leave with the Travel Supreme and put it in the Entegra box

I did do that, but I really wanted to thank all that helped me understand the Aqua Hot and what the settings should be. It sure shortens the learning curve. Thanks again.
A "Classic" 2014 Anthem 42 RBQ---Sold
brobox is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2013, 06:41 AM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by brobox View Post
I have studied and studied all of the questions and confusion with the Aqua Hot system and I think I have figured out an answer. Yesterday I removed one the space heater that I was going to leave with the Travel Supreme and put it in the Entegra box

I did do that, but I really wanted to thank all that helped me understand the Aqua Hot and what the settings should be. It sure shortens the learning curve. Thanks again.
We have been in low 20's for lows to mid 40's for highs and I don't know about the diesel unit but I am down to 15% LP after five days. My tank was showing 70% Monday at noon. I have kept the floor at 78 degrees. The zone one thermostat was set at 58 last night and it was 67 in the salon. I don't know if the floor is why it is so far off.

JJ
ShadowBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:02 AM   #59

Entegra Owners Club
Running Aquahot on diesel about 75% of the time (often during the day I would change it to electric) for 22 days in temps from 18 to 45 changed 335 miles from ~7.5 mpg to 3.8 mpg.
TXBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:24 AM   #60

Entegra Owners Club
That is A LOT of fuel usage. I may get the other space heater out of the TS and let the new owner worry about how to keep warm.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #61

Entegra Owners Club
I used about 40 gallons of diesel in 22 days, a little less than 2 gallons a day. The coach was nice and cozy. :-)

I wonder how much propane would be used in the same conditions. Then, to fill up you would have to disconnect or be there when the propane guy decided to show up.
Old 11-30-2013, 09:23 AM   #62

Entegra Owners Club
That is the drawback of the propane-fired units. You run out of propane quickly in cold temperatures, and many times there is no convenient way to refill. On the other hand, a full 150 gallon diesel tank will heat your coach for a long time.

Some coaches used to have propane generators as well. That compounded the problem.
MRUSA14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 09:41 AM   #63

I used about 40 gallons of diesel in 22 days, a little less than 2 gallons a day. The coach was nice and cozy. :-)

I don't know the temps you were in, but the aqua hot unit has a third of a gal. per hr. nozzle so that computes to the unit running approximately 1/4 of the time. Not bad if your temps were in the 20's or so. Noel
loisjop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 03:58 PM   #64

I will say we have never been so warm in a coach in Mid twenty temps. Until today (five days) I kept the floor at 78 degrees. The only problem is we only have floor heat from the edge of the vanity forward. The floor in the stool room, vanity, and bedroom is bone cold. The Stool room (potty/shower area) is very cold. Can someone with floor heat working correctly in the bathroom tell me if this is a problem you have?
We bought an electric heater but there is no plug in the shower room.
JJ
Old 11-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #65

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
I will say we gave never been so warm in a coach in Mid twenty temps. Until today (five days) I kept the floor at 78 degrees. The only problem is we only have floor heat from the edge of the vanity forward. The floor in the stool room, vanity, and bedroom is bone cold. The Stool room (potty/shower area) is very cold. Can someone with floor heat working in the bathroom tell me if this is a problem you have? We bought an electric heater but there is no plug in the shower room. JJ
Something's wrong in the back then!
Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #66

Entegra Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowBolt View Post
I will say we have never been so warm in a coach in Mid twenty temps. Until today (five days) I kept the floor at 78 degrees. The only problem is we only have floor heat from the edge of the vanity forward. The floor in the stool room, vanity, and bedroom is bone cold. The Stool room (potty/shower area) is very cold. Can someone with floor heat working correctly in the bathroom tell me if this is a problem you have?
We bought an electric heater but there is no plug in the shower room.
JJ

JJ, Could the floor heat possibly be the same? http://http://www.irv2.com/forums/f2...ng-185079.html

I would be curious to know what you find.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:40 PM   #67

Entegra Owners Club
Our Zone 2 is set to 85, temp says 85. Kitchen floor is warm but I think that is mainly from the vents below the sink. Salon floor could be considered warmish as could the vanity floor. Bedroom floor is not as cold as the tile floors in our S&B but the stool room floor is chilly. CS said the bedroom will be cooler because the ram tubes are there. I will have Entegra check it out during our PDI.

Our fireplace is running and we are cozy at high 20s outside with a 30 mph wind at the back of the coach.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:51 PM   #68

Our floor in front is toasty at 78 degrees. I mean I walked around barefooted and it gels great! So mine works really well in the front of the coach but not at all anywhere else. You can feel the heat through your socks. I like it but I want it to work everywhere.

JJ
Old 12-01-2013, 08:18 AM   #69

Entegra Owners Club
This morning all my floors have warmth. The bedroom floor has stripes of cold but it's 25 outside with 30 mph winds all night straight at the back of the coach. Stool room is chilly but you can feel a little warmth in the floor.