Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-17-2015, 10:28 AM   #1

Blue Angels

Just to let everyone know the Blue Angles final air show for 2015 will be at Pensacola NAS on November 06-07. Ft Pickens, across the bay from NAS is a good spot to watch the air show.

Some of the camp sites are short so you need to be careful in the selection.

We plan to go and will probably make some reservation early May.
Ed-Helen pns is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-17-2015, 11:51 AM   #2

This is from the wall at Ft Pickens last month....great place to watch! Taken with my phone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Blues 1.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	19.1 KB
ID:	91714  
bullheaded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2015, 03:59 PM   #3

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
They put on a great show.. Have actually met one of the (Former I suspect) pilots (Why do I suspect former...Mostly because it was in the 1970s and they do change from time to time,, In fact ENTIRELY because of that).

Turns out we used the same Laundromat.
Old 04-18-2015, 05:09 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Would that be the Blue "Angels"?
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2015, 05:36 AM   #5

Just to toot my horn a little. Back in 1995 I was still a DJ in Washington D.C. and the Angels were performing at Pax River Naval Air Station. I was asked if I would be interested in taking a ride with them. Well I jumped at the chance. It was the highlight of my radio career. It wasn't just a namby pamby flight either. The takeoff was a full on crank her straight up type with a barrel roll. The pilot, Capt. Ken Switzer, call sign "Thumper", I think tried his best to make me pass out when pulling some pretty strong G's. The only problem I had was with what they call neggies. That's negative G's, or weightless, that'll make your stomach queasy. But I stayed conscience, didn't use the barf bag, and to this day it's one of the most amazing experiences of my life. I don't know if it's better than sex...but it's close.
Ramets is offline   Reply With Quote