Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-19-2019, 09:40 AM   #1

2015 Navion roof a/c shaking

My sister has a problem with her roof a/c when the compresser kicks in on heat or cooling mode it shakes and vibrates ,the fan works in low or high just fine does anyone know if this is repairable or do we have to replace the whole unit thanks in advance.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-19-2019, 11:30 AM   #2

We'd owned a 2015 View. Had an issue with the AC plastic fan blade, it had started to crack. While I don't remember if it vibrated more or just made "odd" noises we telephoned Coleman & they sent us a new fan blade which was simple enough to replace. I believe the original part # ended in "A" or "B" and the fan blade we received ended with a "D". It was relatively early on in our owning the coach so that combined with their acknowledging that there were known defects with the fan blade = no cost to us. That would be the first thing I'd check especially since if a blade did completely break off it could damage other parts of the AC Unit.
FlaCats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 11:46 AM   #3

Fan runs smooth....typically fan motor is dual shafted and drives both the room air squirel cage AND the condenser coil fan blade
Compressor moves coolant thru system

Remove roof shroud...turn A/C Unit ON and observe when compressor kicks on
Compressor mounts loose/worn out
A/C Unit loose

Remove Celing grill and check/tighten the 'hold down bolts' (in each corner)
Should be SNUG (40 INCH Pounds if you have an INCH Torque Wrench which most folks do NOT have----so SNUG)
***Overtightening will crush roof gasket, cause roof distortion, water leaks
Old-Biscuit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2019, 09:33 AM   #4

coleman a/c shaking

thanks so much for the info it was a broken blade on the compressor fan it didn't do any damage. going to contact coleman we will see what happens
Old 10-31-2019, 11:14 AM   #5

Coleman said no

Contacted coleman to see if we could get sent a replacement fan but they said they don't do that anymore.I can understand it was out of warranty.Did find a replacement just happy there was no damage.

Tags
roof