RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-29-2018, 07:26 AM   #1

Newmar Owners Club
Anyone living in Sprinter chassis full time?

Hello
I have a 38' diesel pusher. I am living in it full time.

I want to downsize and keep things easier and maybe a bit more simple.

I have no idea as to what would work best.

Thank you

IamGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-29-2018, 08:05 AM   #2

Just me and DW... even though we don’t full time, we have been on trips well over 30 days together. We have ample room and I am a big guy, 6’5” and over 300lbs. We love it and I have plenty of room to stretch out my legs while driving MB 3.0 Diesel.

CampFire Junkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 08:22 AM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CampFire Junkies View Post
Just me and DW... even though we don’t full time, we have been on trips well over 30 days together. We have ample room and I am a big guy, 6’5” and over 300lbs. We love it and I have plenty of room to stretch out my legs while driving MB 3.0 Diesel.
Thank you...
my concerns were about living full time....storage ....smaller fresh water, black and gray water tanks....Full time is a lot longer than 30 days. It becomes a home...There is a lot more to need when full timing

thank you for your reply
IamGadget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:16 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamGadget View Post
Thank you...
my concerns were about living full time....storage ....smaller fresh water, black and gray water tanks....Full time is a lot longer than 30 days. It becomes a home...There is a lot more to need when full timing

thank you for your reply
The people next to here in Arizona have been full timing in an Isata 3 (G model with side and rear slides) since Sept 2016. Two of them and a 25lb dog. They also do not have a toad so I guess it can be done.

We have a Prism 24G and while it is fine for traveling on extended trips, as you say, IMO, trying to haul around everything we owned would not work for us.

You would need to take a close look at the OCCC of what ever model you look at as it varies considerably between the models.
AudiDudi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 02:23 PM   #5

Like living out of a backpack, it can be done. OTOH why be that much of a masochist when 30 ft will get you significantly downsized but still have spaces instead of all one space. I wonder what you think will be simpler with a smaller unit.
nothermark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 05:48 PM   #6

I met a woman at the 5 state FMCA rally in Texarkana last fall that is traveling solo on fairly long trips in a custom built 25 ft sprinter based class B with only an electric bicycle for local transportation. Her husband has stopped traveling for health reason, so stays at their home in Deleware with the Tiffin Phaeton diesel pusher that they no longer use.
Old 01-29-2018, 06:44 PM   #7

Look up ‘We are the Russo’s’ on YouTube. They full time in a Class B...
CampFire Junkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2018, 08:25 AM   #8

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I would have no problem living fulltime in my Navion but if you add the wife, the dog, and the cat, it can get kind of tight. But for a single person, you have enough storage to live quite comfortably.
luvlabs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 10:19 AM   #9

My wife and I live five consecutive months every year in a 24 foot Leisure Travel Van. It’s plenty big enough and we find no need to tow a car.
stevezoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2018, 11:01 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamGadget View Post
Hello
I have a 38' diesel pusher. I am living in it full time.

I want to downsize and keep things easier and maybe a bit more simple.

I have no idea as to what would work best.

Thank you
Here is a blog that might interest you. Living in a 24' Fuse on a Ford Trnsit chassis.

The conFUSEd RVer: Winnebago Fuse 23a review - 5 month Review
Old 02-09-2018, 11:08 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennis45 View Post
Here is a blog that might interest you. Living in a 24' Fuse on a Ford Trnsit chassis.

The conFUSEd RVer: Winnebago Fuse 23a review - 5 month Review
This is not a full timer. They make short trips, usually no more than a week at a time.

There are several people who are, or were full timing in Views and Navions. A couple of them have stopped FT for health reasons.

Here is the blog on a single lady who did for some time, but again has ceased FT due to cancer.

https://winnieviews.blogspot.com/

Use the blog archive in the RH column to begin with the earliest blogs (2009) and into her fulltiming.

Charles
2007 Winnebago View 523H, 2006 Dodge (Daimler-Chrysler aka Mercedes) Sprinter 3500 chassis. Bought Sept 2015 with 18K miles, Prog Ind HW30C, Prog Dynamics PD4645, Chill Grille, Fanstatic Fan Ultrabreeze, PML/Yourcovers.com deep alum trans pan, Roadmaster sway bar
CharlesinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2018, 12:09 PM   #12
Community Moderator

Newmar Owners Club
I'm sure it is an individual choice, and a lot of people can live in a small rig. I personally would be too crowded. Especially if there was inclement weather, and I was compelled to spend days on end in one. Not to mention things, that for me, are necessary to have.
Old 02-22-2018, 12:01 PM   #13

Me Too

I live in a Winnebago Era (single) which is a straight B, 24 feet with full dry bath and lots of closets. Being able to move about freely and stealth camp was why I chose the straight B, also I don't like fiberglass... had a Class A with lots of fiberglass problems. (Actually it isn't fiberglass like a boat, it more like fiber board with a thin coat of gel coat). I carry a larger propane tank in the rear compartment. Water at 45 gals is OK. Heating is a problem, very little insulation, steel body, radiant heat = a 30 degree temp spread max.

Although I love my floor plan, I don't recommend Winnebago. Too many QC problems, including 3 fresh water leaks. cabinet doors that pop open (I use tension rods now) Great driver though.
unclejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 04:10 PM   #14

My wife and I lived for a year in a Winnebago Era 70C. We too had a ton of QC issues. We’re much happier now in a Leisure Travel Van. It’s on the same Sprinter Chassis but is a little bit wider, and definitely better quality.

stevezoller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
chassis, full time