RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-30-2018, 02:30 PM   #1

Angry Bastard Child

In one of my bay doors I have the solenoid for my coach batteries along with a lot of fuses for real blinkers (turn signals). Some are auto type, some are the square black ones. Also the big delay panel. It delays everything going to the rear like back up lights, emergency flashers and turn signals. I have put my FOURTH solenoid in a month. Now two Mercedes resistors in the same bay that controls turn signals ---has gone bad. Guess what? Mercedes doesn't cover it and Fleetwood doesn't cover it? UH---UH---who is left? Why do my rear turn signals and my emergency flashers only work with the engine running? Why don't they work for the first 45 seconds to a minute after I crank the engine? Guess what??? Not Mercedes fault and not Fleetwoods fault. So if my engine quits, I have no rear emergency flashers. I would like to take time out of my life to say THANKS to both of you......Mercedes and Fleetwood. Maybe someone reading this won't buy this bastard child that you invented. Maybe they will just go nuts like me. Maybe they will never wonder why an oil change cost $140. Maybe they will wonder why my well pump for my entire house and farm is 1/10 the cost of a nearly $5000 DEF pump for their "child". Maybe they will wonder why NO Mercedes dealer within 310 miles will work on my vehicle. Maybe they will wonder why the Fleetwood dealer in my State tells me not to bring it there because they won't touch them. Down South here at least we get a mule when we cross a donkey and a horse--NOT a piece of crap.

Millberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-30-2018, 09:15 PM   #2

Just sold my 25Q Reyo. I fully understand your comments on the Mercedes part of the unit.

Phil

PSOUZA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2018, 08:29 AM   #3

Yes---I kinda lost it with that post.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:10 AM   #4

Hey, if your frustration is warranted, they deserve it.

It's been a few long months of research for what my next coach will be and I'm starting to wonder if the Sprinter chassis coach of any configuration is the best choice accounting for all of the extra costs and hassles that may come with this chassis, compared to a Ford, Chevy or Dodge in a class C design.

Thinking real hard about this one...real hard...
Old 05-15-2018, 12:43 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Not sure you want to compare older models to the newer ones. My 2016 sprinter Winn View mercedes chassis has been working flawlessly since they removed a Winn interface for the steering wheel buttons.
Old 05-16-2018, 12:18 PM   #6

Had a similar problem with emergency flashers on my 2017 unit. Turned out that there was a wiring issue in one of the connectors. Warranty took care of it for me. Things happen, and you seem to have gotten more than your share.
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 07:33 PM   #7

I highly suspect it is a Fleetwood issue. Improperly designed, or mis wired. Could be something as simple as a bad ground somewhere.

Charles
2007 Winnebago View 523H, 2006 Dodge (Daimler-Chrysler aka Mercedes) Sprinter 3500 chassis. Its looking for a new home. Replaced by a '03 Ram 2500 CTD and a Thor 18 ft TT until the unicorns bring me a 25 ft Airstream.
CharlesinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 04:22 AM   #8

I think what made me reach my almost final straw was when I took it to an individual mechanic and he opened my bay door with all the fuses and relays and metal fuses and resistors and started pointing at different groups and saying" Now if you have trouble, these are Mercedes, these are Fleetwoods, These 2 are Mercedes, but this one running to it is Fleetwood. These 2 resistors are Mercedes"--- etc etc etc.
Old 05-17-2018, 05:53 AM   #9

Itís a shame that when someone spends that kind of money for a product that neither party will support the customer. I think Fleetwood should resolve and if they find out itís a Mercedes issue bill their hours back to them. No different than a regular dealership billing back Ford or GM for warranty work they perform.

And the RV industry keeps plugging along like this is OK!
Jthigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:18 PM   #10

Rv

The signals complaint can and should be turned in to the highway traffic safety board(federal) they will tell you who is responsible.
oldsman41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #11

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldsman41 View Post
The signals complaint can and should be turned in to the highway traffic safety board(federal) they will tell you who is responsible.
My 1990 Cruisemaster Class A Ford 460 infamous for warped manifolds. Ford said not enough airflow -not my fault, GeorgieBoy said manifolds are Fords responsibility. I paid to have both sides replaced and then EPA said it's an emissions item so both of you reimburse owners for repairs. Long after warranties had expired.
Sounds like the OP has had more than his share of problems
My Mercedes Sprinter has been very reliable. Thor states that Mercedes does not allow them to connect to the chassis electrical system even for an emergency start switch. Mercedes turn signals and flashers are controlled by a multifunction module not relays. (although it makes a relay like sound when turn signals are activated).
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2019, 04:59 AM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
The View/Navion Motor Homes Facebook group has over 2000 members. Most all of them very happy campers. Yes, we have issues from time to time but when posts ask if we are satisfied, hundreds post their joy of owning these little rigs. Sorry for the OPís experience but that is one compared to thousands to keep in mind before making a judgement.
Old 02-22-2019, 05:26 AM   #13

Through the years I have had so many problems with Ford cars and trucks that I gave up. Will never buy another Ford again.
Things broke that shouldn't have.
Tried four dealers and service at all of them was terrible.

Went with Subaru for our cars and I don't have much experience with service since nothing ever goes wrong.

Our 2015 Sprinter based B+/C- has work perfectly for the last 20,000 miles.
Sure service is more expensive but functionality is important so I am willing to pay the extra if and when needed.
The Sprinter is a dream to drive.