Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-14-2018, 06:47 PM   #1

Digital Control Center

The Digital Control Center on my 2018 Thor Citation has malfunctioned. It controls the operation of all the components such as lights, water pump, slide out, awning,
etc. I haven’t been able to use my unit due to health problems. Now that I can, this problem arises. Has anyone on here faced this malfunction. I live in Florida and I suspect it’s heat related.
Hermbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-15-2018, 12:39 PM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
It actually sounds more like your house batteries are dead. How did you maintain those when you were not using the coach?
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 02:36 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
What are your symptoms? My 2018 Citation is at the dealer now due to the pump function on the same control center.
Xvatorguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2018, 06:14 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvlabs View Post
It actually sounds more like your house batteries are dead. How did you maintain those when you were not using the coach?

I have a factory solar panel which keeps the house battery charged to 11.7. So I know it’s not the battery. Also I’ve tried with the generator operating with no success.
Old 10-15-2018, 06:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvatorguy View Post
What are your symptoms? My 2018 Citation is at the dealer now due to the pump function on the same control center.

I push the water pump button the panel and no results. I tried the awning with no results. I didn’t try the slide as I didn’t want it stuck out. The only thing did work was the overhead lights.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:58 PM   #6

Try plugging into shore power. Do things work then?
knit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 05:31 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Do you have an auxiliary control panel in the bedroom?
Old 10-16-2018, 05:35 AM   #8

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermbike View Post
I have a factory solar panel which keeps the house battery charged to 11.7. So I know it’s not the battery. Also I’ve tried with the generator operating with no success.
11.7 VDC is close to being dead, only 30% of the battery/s..........and is not good at all for the life of them.
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2018, 08:58 AM   #9

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
11.7 V on your batteries is completely discharged. So, like I said in my first post, you have dead batteries. This also means that you can't start your generator.

Your internal charger will probably not charge fully depleted batteries. Use an external, automotive type charger or be prepared to buy new batteries.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2018, 02:49 PM   #10

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xvatorguy View Post

So my pump problem consisted of intermittent operation. The control panel would loose the demand. The dealer had called the control panel manufacturer and and determined it requires a software upgrade to resolve my problem. They are sending the upgrade. I suggest you test yours on shore power first.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:08 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by knit View Post
Try plugging into shore power. Do things work then?

Don’t have shore power in the storage lot. Would have to take to a camp ground. None are close by.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:09 PM   #12

My unit has had the the software upgrade
Old 11-29-2018, 05:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Don’t have shore power in the storage lot. Would have to take to a camp ground. None are close by.

With a 30amp to 110 adapter you can plug into a regular plug in. I am sure the storage facility probably has that. I always carry an assortment of power adapters as you never know what you might run into.

I had the same issue on the water pump not staying on. The vendor replaced the whole control panel.

I would lean towards low battery as far as your power issues.
Vongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2018, 07:34 PM   #14

Multiplex Panel
After having my coach sitting at the dealer for 6 weeks I finally got it back with a new improved unit. It's called the
Firefly Pluto. You get an ap for the smart phone and do all the commands from the phone. The tech showed me the uses with it. However it wouldn't open after I downloaded. I called Firefly and I'm waiting for their tech to call back, probably after the holiday. Will post more after I get it straightened out.