Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-25-2014, 03:12 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Gauges for MB Sprinter Navion

We just got our 2015 Navion 24V. It is a real pleasure to drive. On thing that disappointed me is there are no gauges: temp, oil pressure, transmission temperature.

Is there an aftermarket option to have full gauges?
JKTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-25-2014, 05:08 PM   #2

Ford Super Duty Owner
If it's OBD-II, which the sprinter is, it may talk to typical scan-gauge type devices. Google "scan gauge" which is a digital display - can be setup for whatever you want.

I use Android and a program called "Torque" - which works with a <$20 dongle (plugs into the OBD-II diagnostic port) and again, can display a lot of data.

See: Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Scan Gauge II
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2014, 06:28 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1000rider View Post
If it's OBD-II, which the sprinter is, it may talk to typical scan-gauge type devices. Google "scan gauge" which is a digital display - can be setup for whatever you want.

I use Android and a program called "Torque" - which works with a <$20 dongle (plugs into the OBD-II diagnostic port) and again, can display a lot of data.

See: Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: Class C Motorhomes: Scan Gauge II
Thanks... I contacted Scangauge and they replied.....

" Coolant temperature and battery voltage are a standard gauges on the ScanGaugeII. Unfortunately, we do not have transmission temperature, oil pressure or oil temperature available for Sprinters. The ScanGauge can monitor 4 gauges at one time."

All the data they can scan is good but as a minimum I need water temp, oil pressure, and transmission temp". As an engineer I want to see the condition of my vehicle and just not when it is out of the recommended limits. Are there any other suggestions?

Thanks
Old 08-20-2014, 02:24 PM   #4

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just get a scan gage11. It's worth the price. You will be glad you did the first time you have to cancel out a error code to get out of limp home mode.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:21 PM   #5

Ford Super Duty Owner
The values you're after aren't part of standard OBD-II communications.

They may or may not be available. My guess is scangauge doesn't know - you'll need to talk to another Sprinter owner. For instance, I get fuel pressure on a 2004 Ford, but not on a 1999 Ford.

For about $25, you can buy a OBD-II dongle (bluetooth) and connect it to your smart phone (or $100 tablet) - this gives a pretty custom dashboard if the values are available to the OBD-II adapter.

If they're not available, you're looking at actually putting in old-school analog gauges to measure these values or something custom that can read the Mercedes Benz diagnostics.
Coolant Temperatur
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2014, 12:31 AM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Gauges for MB Sprinter Navion

sprinters do not have trans temp sender. The trans runs about 20 deg.F lower then the water temp. When running hard. I believe only the " Star system at MB" can read the oil pressure. The scan gage can read the %of load which is the what you want to watch and keep between 69 to 83% for best engine life and best mpg.
Old 07-29-2015, 11:44 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Gauges for MB Sprinter

We have been able to add water Temp, Trans temp and oil pressure analog gauges to out MB Sprinter

See the picture attached
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150712_125016_resized.jpg
Views:	667
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	101500  
Old 07-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #8

The Scangauge II can display transmission temperature by programming a custom gauge. Works for 2007 and later (NCV3) Sprinters.

It finally happened; Scanguage transmission temp - Sprinter-Forum
smiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 05:10 PM   #9

Talk to the engineers at Mercedes Benz, they obviously do not care if you want to monitor these parameters, they are anally secure in the sensors and idiot lights they built into the system.
2013 Leisure Travel Vans Unity U24MB, 635 watts solar, 440 AH batteries, 2000 watt inverter, Koni struts and shocks, Hellwig rear anti-swaybar, SumoSprings front and back, 2012 Hyundai Accent SE, Blue Ox baseplates, Aladdin towbar and Patriot
jackfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 10:19 PM   #10

Check your steering wheel buttons. You get a temp on the screen
Wine Country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 08:23 PM   #11

Gauges for Sprinters

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKTexas View Post
We just got our 2015 Navion 24V. It is a real pleasure to drive. On thing that disappointed me is there are no gauges: temp, oil pressure, transmission temperature.

Is there an aftermarket option to have full gauges?
I have a 2012 MB chassis under my 2013 LT Serenity. I too wanted more gauges. I didn't like the smallness of the Scangauge so kept looking.

Turns out that the Garmin RV 760LMT that I purchased, has a $100.00 optional dongle that you attach to the aforesaid OBDII port. Now I have all the gauges I want including a very accurate MPG meter, MPG log that you enter when filling with fuel, engine temps, inlet pressure and stuff. Works very well for me anyways and the display is much bigger, which is why I bought the Garmin.

Chip D - Omaha
Old 08-30-2015, 12:53 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to ksrow
I installed the Ultraguage on my Thor Sprinter 24SR and it is fantastic..
UltraGauge OBDII Scan tool & Information Center

It gives me any readings that the system computer monitors as well as the ability to reset and monitor. I love it
Steve
ksrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 06:37 PM   #13

You can get the transmission temp by using the X-Gauge with a Scangauge 2. The oil is monitored and will give you low warnings on your MB center display. I like the Scangauge and use it to monitor the load on the engine to shift before the load reaches 99%. The X-Gauge codes are below. Simple to setup using the manual.

TXD: 07E12130
RXF: 032200000000
RXD: 1808
MTH: 00090005FFC6
Title: I used ATF.
irish65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 07:33 PM   #14

Howdy - I just moved my ScanGaugeII from my Roadtrek to my Prism on the 2015 Sprinter chassis. I, too, wanted tranny temp. Unfortunately, the parameters listed above for the X-Gauge function didn't work for me. I have the 5-speed tranny - anyone got any clues? Wondering if I need to send the ScanGauge in for the $25 update - mine is close to 10 years old... Ideas? ST
Loggenrock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gauges