RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-21-2018, 08:30 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Install Center Hub on Dual Wheels

Havenít been online for awhile. I posted this in the C forum and no replies so I saw this forum and thought Iíd try here. When I bought new rear dual tires for my 2012 Itasca Navion iQ which is on a Mercedes 3500 chassis, the tire dealer did not replace one of the stainless steel chrome center hubs correctly. It apparently fell off within the first 100 miles. Iíve bought a replacement but have no idea how to install it so the same thing doesnít happen. I did read somewhere that once installed it shouldnít just come off easily by hand. I donít know whether it would be safe to use a rubber mallet or if that could damage it. I also donít know if it clicks into place or if it has to be rotated at all. I havenít found any videos showing how to do this (at least as far as I could find). As you can tell, Iím a complete novice attempting anything like this which is probably easy to do if you know what youíre doing. The replacement wasnít cheap so I donít want to mess up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Sandi

monik7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-21-2018, 08:57 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
You really shouldn't double post. The answer is the same as I gave you in the Class C forum.

luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2018, 09:38 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Sorry, I didnít know. Now I feel bad.
Sandi
Old 03-21-2018, 06:50 PM   #4

The following is my experience with one cap that got destroyed.

I bought a replacement hubcap (it was a round chrome plated cap), and it just snaps onto the wheel, after aligning the tabs properly with the hub. Put it in place and just push/hit it on with the palms of your hands.

Before installing the cap, there was a large circular spring that I made sure was captured in the recesses of the tabs. My old one got installed between the cap and the wheel so that the cap wouldn't seat.
leakygasket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2018, 11:08 AM   #5

I just line up the tabs, push in the hub, and then twist it clockwise and it latches in place.

Dave
magicbus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
install