Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2017, 02:12 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
Leveling system

I had contacted Equilizer Systems about a leveling system for my Winnebago Era on a Sprinter van chassis, assuming that a Sprinter chassis was a Sprinter chassis, not so. The class C motorhomes are on a different chassis than the vans and they do not as yet have device for this latter catagory.
Any other ideas? HWH?
604eholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2017, 03:15 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club

The lack of cargo capacity might make it difficult to add a leveling system without a serious weight penalty. I'd use blocks to level and see if it's worth the expense to install a hydraulic or electric leveling system. You might just check out scissors jacks for stabilizing the RV to prevent shaking when moving about inside. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...f_rd_i=desktop

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 08:27 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Stabilization is not a problem for me. Leveling the fridge is the main reason for wanting a mechanical electric or hydraulic system. I am using Lynx Levelers now and they work fine but are a nuisance to manipulateI am a senior citizen and getting up and down is a pain. To be avoided if possible.
Old 07-31-2017, 09:28 PM   #4

Gulf Streamers Club
Most RV refrigerators will work fine if the floor is less than 3º out of level. If it's comfortable enough to walk, sleep, and eat in the RV, the fridge will most likely be safe to operate.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:00 AM   #5

This leveling system looks very "sexy" at just eighty (80) pounds installed.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3811.JPG
Views:	275
Size:	769.5 KB
ID:	171633
Funseeka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 06:34 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Yes it is. Unfortunately it is for the platform chassis, not the van. It is what got my attention originally.
Old 08-05-2017, 11:58 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funseeka View Post
This leveling system looks very "sexy" at just eighty (80) pounds installed.Attachment 171633

This looks to be a stabilizer system, not a leveling system. Is this correct?
JJ Holiday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2017, 07:29 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJ Holiday View Post
This looks to be a stabilizer system, not a leveling system. Is this correct?

I think you are. My mistake [emoji52]
Old 08-07-2017, 06:34 AM   #9
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Just to interject a little here:

The Sprinter 3500 cutaway chassis is what the Stabi-Lite system shared above is designed for. We ARE, however, looking into a way to install those on the Sprinter van based Class B platform. Also, we have installed our Auto Level system on countless 3500 cutaway chassis, but without having a real frame rail to install the brackets on, we haven't been able to work with the van chassis. As soon as we find a way to work with that platform, we'll be sure to share it here!
EQSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 01:20 PM   #10

Nice info video,
https://youtu.be/T_dNx-FU6f0
Old 08-22-2017, 06:38 AM   #11
Official iRV2 Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funseeka View Post
Hey, that's me!

In all seriousness. that system is working out so well for so many RV'ers with Sprinter motorhomes, I wish we could get through to all the manufacturers to offer this is a factory option. I realize not every builder will be on board, but the demand for this is growing faster than any other segment.
EQSystems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 07:08 AM   #12

Ford Super Duty Owner
Stabilizers vs Levelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604eholston View Post
Any other ideas? HWH?
Good question 604. It's easy to confuse stabilizers and levelers. Stabilizers can reduce the rocking, but the refrigerator can still fry itself due to being out of level.

The Equalizer Stabilizers weigh about 85 lbs and don't level the coach. Most of the hydraulic leveling systems that actually do level the coach, such as Equalizer & HWH, weigh about 190 lbs.

There is a third option you might want to look at: Bullseye Leveling :: Home

This is an electric auto leveling system that has a couple of patented components. It weighs 142 lbs. Electric levelers have been used in Europe for a number of years and gotten to be as reliable as the hydraulic systems. But here's the exciting thing, Bullseye is developing an aluminum system for class Cs that will weigh 100 lbs. With the OCCC of most of the Sprinters being a challenge, that's really good news.

When we down-size we will install a Bullseye system, I hope the aluminum one is available. You might check to see if they have something for your Sprinter.

Happy camping.

Dave
Caswelld is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leveling