Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-03-2019, 08:19 AM   #29

Where do you get the dually wheel liners?
ctarmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-03-2019, 11:15 AM   #30

Location: Between Knoxville and Morristown, TN. A little place called Rutledge.
I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkMaxPayne View Post
As others have posted I've really not experienced any crosswind issues as Tiffin installs the Sumo springs and huge anti sway bar in its base Wayfarer (24-25' in length depending on year).

What I'd like?

1) Seeing the extra 1K chassis capacity coming to fruition.
2) A real horn. My little Fiat 500 TOAD has a better and louder horn.

We have been looking at junk yard horns but just haven't gotten around to it. You're so right about the stock horn. It is comical!

3) Easier to find bug shields (you can find them, but you have to search).

Are you talking about a front bra?

4) NAV installations that leverage the steering wheel controls in a way that doesn't change radio stations when you want to cycle through dash display info.

We don't have the steering wheel switches but would really like a radio with knobs that can be changed without having to look for the touch screen button. Looking down to find the touch screen point takes time from seeing what's ahead.

5) A chassis battery disconnect that is easier to undo and reattach. The one by the foot pedal isn't the easiest thing to work with due to the center console plastic.

A simple circuit breaker type of switch would work. Perhaps they are scrimping on pennies to save dollars?

6) USB charging ports in the dash storage trays.

We had to use a 12V power inverter to charge our phones while driving. The USB connection in the ash tray expects a radio input from the phone or thumb drive and doesn't charge the phones. So this configuration consists of a cigarette lighter plug in the ash tray to a three outlet socket sitting on the top center tray with the GPS, dash cam, and power supply for USB. Rube Goldburg for sure. It would be nice to have multiple 12 outlets on the dash.

7) Sun visors like are in most SUVs (if you swing it out to the side a slider extends it for the SUVs)

Couldn't agree more. Spent 5 days driving westward with the sun peaking around the edge of the visor. Had those type of visor shades years ago. Perhaps there is an after market offering.

Best,
-Mark

Perhaps if the after market offered some improvements MB would get the hint.
SteveNSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 07:48 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctarmor View Post
Where do you get the dually wheel liners?

Well, that's just it, if there were some, I'd have put 'em on yesterday. I can' find any for the MB. It's a wish list item.
Old 01-11-2019, 10:03 AM   #32

Sprinter level

Hey all,

My rig sits pretty level.

I have a 2016 View and thought it was great going down the road. After 40K I decided to try the Hellwig (spelling) real stabilizer and it made a huge difference. I put it on myself and the only mistake I made is I heard I probably didn't use enough of the provided lube on the bushings. I plan on pulling it off soon and over lubing them. More is better. Easy install, money well spent!

Great vehicle
mike Knee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 09:22 PM   #33

My 2016 Navion 24J rides high in the back. After spending too much money on suspension improvements on my previous Ford chassis class A, I'm resisting doing anything on my Navion. I don't have any complaints about the way it rides or handles. Sure, I can feel passing trucks. Yes I get some side to side wobble when pulling in or out of dirveways, but to me that's the nature of the beast and it's not enough of a problem to make me spend thousands of dollars on the suspension. In the three years I've owned my Navion I've never experienced a "white knuckle" driving situation.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:48 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
My 2016 Navion 24J rides high in the back. After spending too much money on suspension improvements on my previous Ford chassis class A, I'm resisting doing anything on my Navion. I don't have any complaints about the way it rides or handles. Sure, I can feel passing trucks. Yes I get some side to side wobble when pulling in or out of dirveways, but to me that's the nature of the beast and it's not enough of a problem to make me spend thousands of dollars on the suspension. In the three years I've owned my Navion I've never experienced a "white knuckle" driving situation.

I agree... I don’t mind the semi trucks or the wobble... only white knuckle situation for me was in a driving rainstorm after dark in Texas.
CampFire Junkies is offline   Reply With Quote