RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-23-2019, 09:40 PM   #1

My 2019 Sprinter fuse box

I have a 2020 Wayfarer on a 2019 Sprinter 3500XD cut away chassis.

The cab has Sprinter electric seats and is optioned as Tiffin has done with these models. The chassis was built sometime before Tiffin built the RV in May of this year.

I noticed that the fuse box under the driver's seat has no labels as to which fuse does what. The owner's manual also doesn't have a diagram of the fuse panel.

There is another fuse panel by the foot rest on the passenger side. I need to re-open that to see if it is labeled or if there is a diagram for both panels.

If any of you have a similar 2019 configuration, does your Sprinter have the fuse panel(s) labeled. I wonder if mine was built before they provided a labeled cover.

Travelino is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-24-2019, 09:23 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
My 2016 Siesta (2015 chassis) has a Fuse Allocation Supplement, about 20 pages of fuse and relay layout diagrams. I checked the Mbvans website and even though they show the supplement for 2014 & 15 the link opens the operators manual. It's almost all Mercedes electrical in the footwell and under drivers seat..
Hopefully your Mercedes dealer can get the supplement.
I was able to download the 2015 Sprinter van - Operator, Warranty, Maintenance and Fuse manuals from the MBvans website.. In 2015

My Supplement has a Mercedes part Number 906 584 33 05 if that helps.

Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:36 AM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Fuse Supplement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelino View Post
I have a 2020 Wayfarer on a 2019 Sprinter 3500XD cut away chassis.

The cab has Sprinter electric seats and is optioned as Tiffin has done with these models. The chassis was built sometime before Tiffin built the RV in May of this year.

I noticed that the fuse box under the driver's seat has no labels as to which fuse does what. The owner's manual also doesn't have a diagram of the fuse panel.

There is another fuse panel by the foot rest on the passenger side. I need to re-open that to see if it is labeled or if there is a diagram for both panels.

If any of you have a similar 2019 configuration, does your Sprinter have the fuse panel(s) labeled. I wonder if mine was built before they provided a labeled cover.
Page 290 of the Owner's Manual says, "Blown fuses must be replaced with fuses of an equivalent specification, which you can determine by the color and fuse rating. The fuse allocation chart and further information on the electric fuses and relays can be found in the "Fuse allocation chart" supplement.

I couldn't find a Fuse Allocation Chart supplement anywhere in my documentation. I sent Dan Phillips (Tiffin Mercedes Rep) a note asking where it could be obtained.
f14av8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 09:07 PM   #4

Randy, we have an appointment with our nearest Mercedes Sprinter dealer to get the seats fixed tomorrow. I'll ask them about the fuse supplement.

Like you mentioned, the manual states to replace the fuse with the same size, but trying to find a blown fuse for a particular function without a diagram or chart is nuts. I would not want to pull out each fuse to find the blown one and also run the risk of not placing it back where it belongs. Like you, we don't have this supplement in our manuals. Also we don't have any detailed maintenance schedule, just that the Sprinter will tell you when maintenance is due, not what is required, when. The 2019 are a bit different than previous models, as their advertisement states.

I have sent Dan two emails over the past month, but have not heard back. That is not like him, so wondering if he is still around with Mercedes? He did send me a shop check list/work sheet for the A and B maintenance, but it is not entirely clear as to what is to be done at which interval, as some of the items refer to other specs that we don't have.
Old 08-28-2019, 10:27 PM   #5

We got our seat reclining fix done yesterday at Mercedes.

I asked about a fuse chart. The service manager didn't know and spent a lot of time on the web to try and find something. Even his own passenger car didn't have it in his book. Then he found had had a paper pamphlet in his spare tire tool area.

He found some tech diagram and printed it out for my Sprinter.

today I called him back to apologize for putting him thru all the trouble, as my wife found the thin supplement for fuses in the bundle of Mercedes manuals. I had gone thru all of that, so I don't know how I missed it.

I'm concerned that my wife is practicing witchcraft and cast a spell to make the fuse supplement disappear when I looked for it. Then I heard her on the phone talking about paperwork for committed or something. And whenever I say "Mercedes" this woman starts to talk to me when I'm in the Sprinter, but I don't see anyone.
Old 08-29-2019, 08:02 PM   #6

My Thor Citation Sprinter 3500 came with all the original factory MB manuals. I also found them all available in .pdf form as downloads on the MB owners page https://www.mbvans.com/sprinter/owne.../owner-manuals
Mr.Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 06:54 PM   #7

Freightliner Owners Club
I found the 2015 Fuse Allocation supplement here.
http://assets.mbvans.com/mercedes-be...inter-fuse.pdf

Hope it helps..
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2019, 06:24 AM   #8

Here is a 2019 Fuse Supplement, https://sprinter-source.com/forum/sh...ad.php?t=79604.

SSTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuse, fuse box