RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-20-2019, 11:32 PM   #1

Need Sprinter chassis upgrade advice

I know this has been covered before, but please bear with me and provide advice. I have a 2016 Navion with the large cab over. I'm looking for the best chassis upgrade to improve the lean that I experience when cornering. At highway speed following a curvy road I don't like how much it leans. If possible I'd rather not have to add multiple improvements. Is there one that will solve this issue?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2019, 11:51 AM   #2

Does it already have the Helwig rear sway bar?

AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 03:32 PM   #3

Henderson Automotive in Grants Pass is outstanding and fixed the sway in my Leisure Travel Unity.
RogueRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 04:29 PM   #4

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Try slowing down. Seriously, these top heavy beasts are going to lean when you push them. You can always stiffen things up by replacing the sway bar and adding Timbrens.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:19 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiDudi View Post
Does it already have the Helwig rear sway bar?
I don't know. Bought it new and have not added anything to the chassis.
Old 07-21-2019, 10:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRV View Post
Henderson Automotive in Grants Pass is outstanding and fixed the sway in my Leisure Travel Unity.
Yes, I am familiar with Henderson. I spent a LOT of money on my former class A to cure its handling issues and don't want to put several thousand dollars into the Sprinter chassis. What did Henderson do to your Unity?
Old 07-21-2019, 10:39 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
I know this has been covered before, but please bear with me and provide advice. I have a 2016 Navion with the large cab over. I'm looking for the best chassis upgrade to improve the lean that I experience when cornering. At highway speed following a curvy road I don't like how much it leans. If possible I'd rather not have to add multiple improvements. Is there one that will solve this issue?
Check out Redlands Truck and RV web site. They have many options for the Sprinter.
Old 07-22-2019, 12:12 AM   #8

Quote:
I don't know. Bought it new and have not added anything to the chassis.

My 2016 Prism 24G came with the Helwig rear sway bar. Sway is not much of an issue. I have no idea what other manufacturers did - you might contact yours and ask.
AudiDudi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:01 PM   #9

I installed sumo bumper stops on the front along with adjustable koni struts for the rear i have the helwig with airbags and koni shocks the sumo's really helped on the front and the airbags, new shocks also so its a combination wish i would have went with the agile shocks in the rear though..2009 View J

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudiDudi View Post
My 2016 Prism 24G came with the Helwig rear sway bar. Sway is not much of an issue. I have no idea what other manufacturers did - you might contact yours and ask.
norcal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 04:19 PM   #10

Sway bar and REAR SumoSprings.
namusmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2019, 08:56 PM   #11

My 15 G is near the max. Hellwig, Fox Shocks, Sumo front and rear, and alinement. I did this over three years. My G has HWH Levelers and a Travler SAT dish. My last fix was replacing the Sumo with the heavy Sumo.
My View handles very well. 53 psi Front and 57 rear.
Old 07-29-2019, 09:57 PM   #12

On my g3500 gmc cutaway. Independent air bags on rear axle. Do not attach the bag lines together or it leans pushing presto the high side. Helped my chassis huge.
thedjjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2019, 08:48 PM   #13

Quote:
Yes, I am familiar with Henderson. I spent a LOT of money on my former class A to cure its handling issues and don't want to put several thousand dollars into the Sprinter chassis. What did Henderson do to your Unity?
Heavier shocks, bigger sway bar and Sumo's. My new Tiffin Wayfarer came stock with the Sumo's and it handles fine.
RogueRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 01:02 PM   #14

Quote:
Being familiar with Henderson's, you know the quality and price of their work. You might want to check with Todd's RV, in the Portland area, as they do upgrades also. The difference, I think, is that you pretty much tell them what you want and they do it, although they will have recommendations as opposed to the road performance assessment Henderson's does. Todd's Auto and RV is located at 4831 NE 105th St, Portland, Or. Phone 503-544-6119. Link is http://www.toddsautorv.com. I have known people who used them and they were happy with end results. I left a pretty good donation at Henderson's last week on upgrades to my class A, but it was well worth the improvements.
Hope this helps you,

HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
advice, chassis, upgrade