RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-18-2018, 01:19 AM   #1

New 2019 Sprinter

Hi All,

Does anyone have info (other than the general pics on google), on the new sprinter? Specifically, do we know when the RV manufacturers will have them ready?

Itd be great to know the RV-oriented changes that the new sprinter will have. Slide out? Wider interior? Power? Solar technology? Etc.

Thx!

1New2RV is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2018, 07:25 AM   #2

Location: Between Knoxville and Morristown, TN. A little place called Rutledge.
Howdy,
The Sprinter part of a motor home consists of the frame and motor unit, along with the other components to make it drive and handle. The coach is installed by the manufacturer who decides what to add as features. Slides, solar, bed orientation and accessories are options that are added by each company. Many brands look similar but approach their layout in their own fashion.

The Sprinter part of the unit is the heart that makes it go. The diesel power plant has the ability to make it go anywhere while still getting decent mileage.

Determine how you would use it, i.e. are you taking children along, do you plan on driving a lot or just camping in your favorite locations, do you boon dock where you need solar and a generator, etc. Look over the various manufacturer's layouts and see what fits.

My wife and I don't travel with children so a two person sleeping arrangement worked best for us. Lots of inside storage allows us to travel between seasons (warm to cold in 2 weeks) by bringing changes of wardrobe and blankets. Think about what you would like and then start looking to see how it all fits into your wishes. Good Luck.

SteveNSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 02:10 PM   #3

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
First off, the chassis has to undergo US certification. That’s EPA and all the safety guys. Then they have to be manufactured which might be at SC Mercedes plant. The earliest you might see a motorhomes on the new chassis is 2020.

Mercedes only delivers a cutaway van chassis, all that other stuff is the coach builders responsibility.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 08:26 PM   #4

Well in the case of class C motorhomes luvlabs is right on. However in the class B coaches the entiire body is Mercedes-Benz and my Winnebago Era chassis and body were built in Stuttgart, Germany. The interior and exterior coach features were fitted at Winnebago and the vin number was updated to indicate that Winnebago was the manufacturer. In most cases the chassis will be a year older than the year of origin for the coach, for instance my M-B is a 2015 Sprinter but the coach is a 2016 model Winnenago Era. It depends on which chassis the RV manufacturer buys to outfit the cab chassis or the cargo van chassis.
604eholston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 12:30 AM   #5

We have a 2019 Dynamax Isata 3 Series 24' Class C on a 2017 Sprinter Chassis. You can find a date tag on the bottom of the driver's seat or along the door frame. The VIN number define the make and model details.
Old 07-20-2018, 09:56 PM   #6

The OCCC could, if Mercedes sells the unit with the higher GVWR be much higher. This could be huge. Like 1200 lbs extra. This would allow a larger coach, maybe a 30 foot. Or keep 25 and have two full wall slides.
Old 07-21-2018, 09:40 PM   #7

From what I have read, there are no plans to manufacture cab/chassis vehicles at the new West Charleston, SC plant. Currently all cab/chassis are made at two different plants in Germany. Vans and "busses" (MB term for window van with seats) are built in Germany, Argentina, China, and eventually West Charleston. T1N models are still built in Russia.

Charles
2007 Winnebago View 523H, 2006 Dodge (Daimler-Chrysler aka Mercedes) Sprinter 3500 chassis. Bought Sept 2015 with 18K miles, Prog Ind HW30C, Prog Dynamics PD4645, Chill Grille, Fanstatic Fan Ultrabreeze, PML/Yourcovers.com deep alum trans pan, Roadmaster sway bar
CharlesinGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 08:36 AM   #8

Carolina Campers
2019 Sprinter

My understanding is for Leisure Travel Vans the M-B Sprinter chassis for 2019 will not arrive in Winkler, MB CA, until about May of 2019, production beginning about June 1st of 2019 being built as 2020 LTV's on the 2019 Sprinter chassis. M-B will not deliver the chassis before this time.

For example, my 2019 LTV Unity will be built on a 2018 Sprinter, the first of which were delivered to LTV only two months ago. Mine is due for delivery in September.

So, I am guessing the same is true for all the 2019 Sprinter chassis' for RV manufacturers, delivery in May of 2019.

I hope this makes sense....