Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-13-2015, 05:52 AM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
Congratulations. I am not sure who you are talking to , concerning the grille.

But I will tell you we grille most every night on our little folding Charcoal grille. It is stainless, and I bought it online for about $20. I keep it in the right rear Bay in a canvas shopping bag . After cooking I use the burning coals to start the campfire when we want one.
Deny is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-18-2015, 02:17 AM   #16

Love it. Unable to travel yet waiting for water hose, sewer connection, tag, title but every day we love it even more.

Itasca Meridian 2005
Ken and Paulette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 02:27 AM   #17

We had enough stuff to start with. Having to shop for must need items like small waste can, plastic salt shakers, shower curtain. Found best prices on Amazon.com for connection parts rhino sewer kit, water hose, regulator. You will have a blast at the Lazydays Winnebago Rally. Met some very great friends there and we still keep in touch.

Itasca Meridian 2005
Old 08-19-2015, 08:40 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Enjoying??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken and Paulette View Post
We are simultaneously excited and terrified. The test drive detected a roar when the Sprinter shifts gears. We owned a 2008 and never did sound like this. The Winnebago Rep said it was the turbo charger and it was normal. My husband is a marine diesel engineer and he says this should not sound like this. Should we put our heart back in our pocket and keep on looking?
We just ordered ours and as excited as you were. Hope it's everything you hoped it would be!! I'm busy thinking about stuff- small !! Barbecue , etc
Hope to see you and your "baby" at a rally or on the road
Joanned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:48 PM   #19

Winnebago Owners Club
ok I think that my husband and I have really made the choice to down size some what from our 1997 35 ft bounder....none slide.
We love our bounder and the travels we have made but feel that we really don't need those extra feet. I couple of years ago we almost pulled the trigger on DP but went home again in our old friend.
We parked next to a leisure travel van, a few months ago and found the campers just as we are. Travel alone, no family or PETS, spend time sight seeing, relaxing outside, and will never full time but do wish and could travel a month at a time.
So sitting on this MB Sprinter, we have found a hand full of brands with what we have checked out different levels of fit and finish.
What we have to first pick is the walk around bed that slides out the back or the twin beds that make into large bed.... sounds funny to me but husband likes the twin and I like the walk around..
Winnebago are so nice and clean cut, Thor not so much,leisure travel van Unity over the top nice and have seen others more hand made from other that... well isn't needed that personal level.
What turns my husband head is the MB Sprinter, he cares very little about what he see's with his eye that would make the price difference $10,000 i.e. L.T. vers Winn vers Thor

I guess this year we will find and pick during Hershey show...

We have looked at a lot of threads and 99% are happy
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 05:33 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanned View Post
Hi
We are also going to buy the view, waiting for a 2016 with options we wanted.
How do you like it so far ??
Joanne
We absolutely love it. It is so efficient in storage and utility. Putting our personal touches on it but does not need much as it is really pretty. Mercedes is aware of the roar but does not have a fix yet. Other than that we enjoy our travels now.

Itasca Meridian 2005
Old 12-03-2015, 05:39 AM   #21

We bought local here in Biloxi, Mississippi at Southern RVSupercenter which bought out the other Winnebago dealer. They have big plans to expand the location and are right on I-10. So far all of our warranty items have been serviced to our satisfaction. We used to take our 2005 Meridian to Forest City for any repair work but feel confident the local dealer can take care. Also have a Sprinter repair center in Mobile, Alabama so we are happy campers.

Itasca Meridian 2005