Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-17-2016, 06:15 AM   #57

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffie Drink View Post
Today I had many email with my dealer. I did get very mad when they said the fan would be in on next Monday. I let them know that I didn't think they would run my View on my gen for many days if the problem was the fan.
I called WGO and after the usual wait on hold, the tech was friendly. As I was hanging up his boss called me to discuss the email I sent. He was not happy as this dealer is considered the best in the PNW. He sent the email to the regional manager.
I had asked the Dealer GM to take a fan out of one of the many units they have and he agreed, well he said we think alike.
Next email said they replaced my AC heatpump, I hope. I called my service writer who is a good guy,many he said it was done. They are going to run it all day on the shop power to make sure it works.
My question to anyone reading who knows, can you reuse the rubber gasket or will this leak?
This is the first time I have seen you mention heat pump. On a heat pump after the freon leaves the compressor it goes through a reversing valve. A reversing valve goes one way for heating and the other way for cooling. These valves are known trouble areas. They can stick. They can stick in the heating position and you only will get heat. If they stick halfway, you will not have heating or cooling.
There is no doubt that your valve was stuck halfway.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-17-2016, 10:24 AM   #58

I want thank the people who have replied. I have been run through the ringer on this fix. Should have had a replacement installed in June.
Old 08-17-2016, 10:35 AM   #59

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Hope it stays good for you.

But yeah, first we've heard 'heat pump' so far.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #60

Just a side note; I fought with both coleman and domestic roof a/c units and hated both. Found a company called Advent. Best unit I've had. Higher air output and only 1 minor problem in about 3yrs. If you have more issues, you mite want to check them out. BTW, I'm in AZ desert and 88 in when 118 out.
azmaddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:54 AM   #61

Cambrian
Sorry I left out the heatpump. Most WGO View come with a 1500 BTU HP. My issue was 79 degrees outside cool inside. 95 degrees outside 89 inside. If this was the reverse valve, I would like your feedback.
That said, it should have been replaced.
Old 08-17-2016, 12:10 PM   #62
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by azmaddog View Post
Just a side note; I fought with both coleman and domestic roof a/c units and hated both. Found a company called Advent. Best unit I've had. Higher air output and only 1 minor problem in about 3yrs. If you have more issues, you mite want to check them out. BTW, I'm in AZ desert and 88 in when 118 out.
I am glad you are having success with the Advent. I do not recommend these units. They are cheap Chinese copies of the Dometic, complete with design flaws.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 09:04 PM   #63

I picked my View up tonight. I will run the AC this week as its hot. The bad news is I was forced to buy tickets to go on vacation next week. No two week moterhome trip for me. Last week my wife said forget it I don't want to be stuck home, so we will fly. I hate airplanes, I fly for work and that is why I got a View. It looks like they used my generator 40 hours. I did not use it much but now it has 49 hours.
Spend money to have fun, it no fun in hot weather with out a AC. When I fly over all of you next week I will have a tear in my eye and a seat back on my knee. :facepalm
Old 09-15-2016, 09:48 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by azmaddog View Post
Sorry to ask, but is reaching 88 F considered a success? It's hard to imagine that a person can't get to 70F with AC. Am I missing something?
Old 09-15-2016, 09:58 PM   #65

Vintage RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
30 deg is a pretty good spread. I can't imagine you would even want to be at 70 if it was 118 out. 80 would feel quite balmy. 75 delightful. LOL

We don't do 118 in a RV. It has wheels for a reason.
CJBROWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2016, 11:51 PM   #66

Guess I should have specified that I'm in an '87 Pace Arrow motorhome and that besides the fact that I'm a hard-core desert rat, I'm only running one 13,500 BTU unit in a 28ft coach. 80-90 is comfortable to me.
azmaddog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
roof