Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2017, 08:25 PM   #15

You don't give the mileage on the chassis, but If any at all, the rear shocks are probably worn out. The OEM ones on my '06 chassis were probably worn out the moment the chassis left the factory. I changed mine at about 20K miles and the rear shocks could be easily pushed/pulled in and out with little effort. Koni Reds set to max stiffness made a HUGE difference in handling, and turned the driving from two hands to one. I have add on air bags from the factory, and they were leaking, so I replaced them and this too helped the stability and ride.

Its a truck, so its going to ride like a truck.

Charles
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-24-2017, 05:38 AM   #16

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlesinGA View Post
You don't give the mileage on the chassis, but If any at all, the rear shocks are probably worn out. The OEM ones on my '06 chassis were probably worn out the moment the chassis left the factory. I changed mine at about 20K miles and the rear shocks could be easily pushed/pulled in and out with little effort. Koni Reds set to max stiffness made a HUGE difference in handling, and turned the driving from two hands to one. I have add on air bags from the factory, and they were leaking, so I replaced them and this too helped the stability and ride.

Its a truck, so its going to ride like a truck.

Charles
Charles,

Re-read what I wrote... I like the ride. Mine is a 2016 3500, and I love driving it. I have no complaints and at this point no-plans to alter the suspension in any way. I had a 34 gasser that required modifications that helped some, but this coach, nope, not needed. Mileage is only about 6K
Old 04-17-2018, 01:08 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
2016 View 24v

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoosierrun View Post
My Sprinter chassis required alignment right after I bought it brand new. That was covered by warranty. That helped a little but unless it is a smooth road and no wind, I generally have 2 hands on the steering wheel. It is not like driving a Mercedes car. .
I hardly ever drive with two hand.... even in high cross wind (18 wheel) find correction made with one hand easier. Not to say the other hand isn't close by
gmasters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 02:27 PM   #18

No issues with my MBS Sprinter. It did come from the factory wit the Hellwig antsy system installed, and it does a good job. As to the ride - very comfortable - my wife will fall asleep in the front seat!
HighDesert is offline   Reply With Quote