Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-25-2016, 10:51 PM   #15

and???????????????????
kohraptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-26-2016, 07:38 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
You actually have a DEF gauge? Perhaps that something new on the newer chassis? Mine is a 2016 Navion 24J (built on a 2015 chassis).
Yes, a digital gauge with full, 3/4, 1/2 and empty level lines across it.

It's in the same display tree as the trip computer stats, accessible from the steering wheel controls. Unlike the oil level, the DEF level displays while driving, which is very handy.
WheelingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 08:51 AM   #17

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohraptor View Post
Yes just push + twice than you will see on dash say "def level" and down where fuel gauge is for def. It should be the same cause mine is also 2015 chassis.
I have a 2016 view, 2015 chassis and have tried what you suggest and don't see def level. I can get the engine oil level. The + button is for volume. Using the left control "up" button I can scroll through mileage, oil, etc.

Am I missing something.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:00 PM   #18

Bob, I would thing 2015 chassis should be the same. Push + twice you would see word " Def Level" and here where fuel indicator is would turn to be def indicator. You may think it is fuel indicator but it's not as long on top of it is read "Def Level". If no action for a few seconds than it will go back to main reading as would see normally.
Old 10-28-2016, 09:04 PM   #19

Quote:

It's in the same display tree as the trip computer stats, accessible from the steering wheel controls. Unlike the oil level, the DEF level displays while driving, which is very handy.
The reason Ron unit read Full, 3/4 or 1/2 and so on because his unit has steering wheel buttons. For unit without steering wheel buttons def level indicator looks exactly like fuel gauge.
Old 10-29-2016, 07:52 AM   #20

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by kohraptor View Post
Bob, I would thing 2015 chassis should be the same. Push + twice you would see word " Def Level" and here where fuel indicator is would turn to be def indicator. You may think it is fuel indicator but it's not as long on top of it is read "Def Level". If no action for a few seconds than it will go back to main reading as would see normally.

I'll give it another try later this week. Now my DEF and fuel are both full, taking a few hundred mile trip will lower my fuel and I'll see if I notice something. thanks
Old 11-11-2016, 10:06 PM   #21

I tried the + button on the steering wheel, nothing. I tried the + button on the instrument cluster, nothing. I'm convinced I do not have a DEF gauge on my Sprinter. I also searched through the manual (again) and there's no mention of any DEF gauge.
Old 11-11-2016, 11:54 PM   #22

Quote:

Ken, Ron's unit has steering wheel buttons. May be you can pm Ron? I would think same year sprinter units should have the same computer?
Old 11-13-2016, 07:13 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
OK, I tried several times - I have the steering wheel buttons. I don't, or can't find a digital fuel or DEF on my digital dash readout that is changed by the buttons. Maybe it's somewhere in the setup but I don't see it as I scroll through the options. 2015 chasis/2016 24J build.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:29 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYBobbo View Post
OK, I tried several times - I have the steering wheel buttons. I don't, or can't find a digital fuel or DEF on my digital dash readout that is changed by the buttons. Maybe it's somewhere in the setup but I don't see it as I scroll through the options. 2015 chasis/2016 24J build.
2017 feature then perhaps.
WheelingOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 04:54 PM   #25

I just overfilled my def tank to the point of coming out the fill tube. What to do? Can I drive it?
Southern OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2016, 05:14 PM   #26

Winnebago Owners Club
put the top on and flush the area with garden hose....
Old 11-15-2016, 06:03 PM   #27

Thanks!
Southern OR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2016, 08:40 AM   #28

Winnebago Owners Club
It's hard to tell when it's full, I've overfilled it a few times. If you don't rinse off the overflow you will get white crystals when it dries. It is/can be corrosive.