Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-11-2016, 06:14 AM   #15

Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper Ken View Post
My Sprinter is the same with the chassis battery under the floor. How did you access the battery and route the Battery Tender cable to it?
If you move back the carpet on the drivers side (remove the plastic panel on the step sill first) you will see a rectangular metal panel. the battery is under that panel. I found that an appropriate hex key will work or a star type socket. when the plate is removed, the positive and negative ends of the battery tender are attached to the terminals on the battery. the upper right hand area of the metal plate will have a raised area where the battery cables enter. just place the battery tender cable in that area and replace the metal plate. replace the carpet and leave the excess tender cable under the carpet in the middle of the floor. when needed I plug in that end to the battery tender and here you have a choice. you can plug the battery tender directly into an extension cord, or plug your MH into an extension cord and plug the battery tender into an inside outlet. At my house I installed a 30 amp outlet that I plug my MH into so I can use a portable heater,or a dehumidifer if needed. If you go this route make sure a 120v 30amp outlet is installed and not a 240v 30 amp outlet. hopoe this helps.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-11-2016, 07:59 AM   #16

If you do any work on your sprinter you need Torx and E-Torx sockets. E-Torx are a little hard to find. Amazon has a good set for 20$

Amazon.com: Anytime Tools 11 pc FEMALE E-TORX (Star) SOCKET Set w/RAIL E4 - E20: Automotive

Take the seat off first then the seat base. It is fairly heavy and unyieldly if you take the complete unit out as one piece.
Old 02-07-2016, 02:16 PM   #17

To henryn:
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner. Thanks for the info. This sounds like the way to go. I have a 30amp RV outlet on the outside of my home, so I keep the motorhome plugged in all the time. As soon as the weather warms, I'll take care of this project.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:48 AM   #18

Carolina Campers
Your welcome. I keep mine plugged in all the time also. Last couple of weeks been cold here in NC. The sprinter started up without a problem. Looking forward to a florida trip in 2 weeks. If you need any other advice that i can offer, please let me know. Safe travels.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:13 AM   #19

I Installed a trik l charge on my bounder. It does not have to hook up to the isolator. It can go anywhere between the house and chassis battery. It's just a blocking diode which allows flow in one direction. Works great keeps my chassis battery topped off as long as the house battery bank is charged.
bdarenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:56 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdarenberg View Post
I Installed a trik l charge on my bounder. It does not have to hook up to the isolator. It can go anywhere between the house and chassis battery. It's just a blocking diode which allows flow in one direction. Works great keeps my chassis battery topped off as long as the house battery bank is charged.
With the Navion on the Sprinter chassis the house batteries and the chassis battery are some distance apart so installing a Trik-L-Start directly to the batteries is a bit more difficult than installations in some other motorhomes
Old 02-08-2016, 04:35 PM   #21

Winnebago Owners Club
We had the Trikl Start in our 2014 View. It works & is a simple install.

This is the link to install video:

Trik-L-Start install.wmv - YouTube
Old 02-17-2016, 11:44 AM   #22

Outdoors RV Owners Club
i just purchased aan 07 View and keep the coach plugged into a 30A recep on the garage to maintain the house batteries. I bought a male adapter at O'Reilly's to fit the cigarette socket and attached it to the tricklcharger that I bought at HF. I plug the charger in to house batteries and the charger into the cigarette lighter socket. i have done this with collector cars for years and it works just fine.
WNDOPDLR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:37 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by WNDOPDLR View Post
i just purchased aan 07 View and keep the coach plugged into a 30A recep on the garage to maintain the house batteries. I bought a male adapter at O'Reilly's to fit the cigarette socket and attached it to the tricklcharger that I bought at HF. I plug the charger in to house batteries and the charger into the cigarette lighter socket. i have done this with collector cars for years and it works just fine.
I did the same thing on my first motorhome (a 2007 Winnebago Access 31C). I still have the cord with the 12 volt power port plug so I may go back to connecting my Battery Tender Plus this way. I asked Mercedes Benz customer support on the phone about doing this, and they "didn't recommend doing it, because it's uncertain what the upfitter (WBGO) might have also connected to the same circuit". I've communicated with others who do this with their MB Sprinter based motorhomes and there haven't been any issues.
Old 07-23-2016, 10:40 PM   #24

Trik-L charger

I purchased a trickle charger that has an adapter to plug into the DC power (cigar lighter). When I plug in the unit I can simply pull out the trickle charger and plug the AC into the 120v outlet in the cabin and plug the DC end into the 12V outlet. I use the chassis disconnect when I store without shore power.
Busyteach is offline   Reply With Quote