Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-22-2019, 04:04 PM   #1

Trik L Start

Where and how do most of you install it the one you tube
video seems a little odd
Touchdown2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-22-2019, 04:11 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
What year and model RV?

It's often installed at the charge relay - that connects the engine alternator/battery to the house battery.
Previously a 2002 Fleetwood Pace Arrow 37A and a 1995 Safari Trek 2830.
vsheetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 04:22 PM   #3

2020 View on order due in August
Old 07-22-2019, 06:06 PM   #4

Did you ask Winnebago if the 2020 electrical system needs something like a TrikLStart to maintain an idle chassis battery? I'm wondering if they've added some sort of charging technology to the converter/charger circuitry that will maintain both the coach and chassis batteries when the shore power cord is plugged in. Can't recall where I saw that, maybe in the specs under "Electrical System" as the "Automatic dual battery charge control"?
Might be worth an email?
Old 07-24-2019, 07:46 AM   #5

Have you seen a 2020 view at the rally?
Old 07-24-2019, 08:56 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchdown2 View Post
Have you seen a 2020 view at the rally?
If you're asking me, I'm not at any rally, nor have I seen a new View/Navion.

Winnebago has an email contact section on their website. You could send them a note inquiring about how coach/chassis battery charging is handled when the coach is in semi-storage mode, and is plugged into shore power. I'd be curious to know if they've added something to handle it. They've certainly upgraded a whole lot of what I would call inconveniences and shortcomings in the new 2020 units, according to the list of (new) standard and optional equipment. The only thing holding me back from ordering one is the cab over bunk. It's not optional on the 2020, like it was on my 2018. We don't want one.
Old 07-25-2019, 06:25 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Touchdown2 View Post
Where and how do most of you install it the one you tube
video seems a little odd
See post #145 and beyond (https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35862&page=15) for lots of specifics on how to install a Trik-l-start. I found my Isolator Relay and Solenoid under the passenger seat. It's really a very easy install and I highly recommend it to maintain your chassis batteries. I have recently noticed my Isolator Solenoid only working intermittently so rather than just replace it I am changing out everything for the Blue Sea ML-ACR, it provides a more reliable charging source management system than the mechanical and unreliable Solenoid. You might consider it a better longterm investment and installation than the Trik-l-start. Here is a thread on that, https://sprinter-source.com/forum/showthread.php?t=45224&highlight=Trik+start.
SSTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote