Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-30-2013, 08:52 AM   #1

What did you do in Your Sprinter MH Today?

Actually yesterday, I move the furnace vent from the bathroom to the hall. It used to way hot in the bath. Wife loved it me not so much.

We have had our Sprinter since April when we traveled to Iowa, I have done a few upgrades and mods and will try and list them as I remember them...

Make It A Great Day......
LeeB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
Lee,

Yesterday we finished up our work on adding a gel-foam piece for our mattress. With the two-part mattress on the 24G, we decided to just cut the gel-foam to match. A bottom fitted sheet fits nicely over the gel-foam and the mattress. We just stretched out on it for a little while and it feels so nice! Still easy to pull up the top part so the slide can be brought in, too.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 12:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeTheUSA View Post
Lee,

Yesterday we finished up our work on adding a gel-foam piece for our mattress. With the two-part mattress on the 24G, we decided to just cut the gel-foam to match. A bottom fitted sheet fits nicely over the gel-foam and the mattress. We just stretched out on it for a little while and it feels so nice! Still easy to pull up the top part so the slide can be brought in, too.
SeeTheUSA,

I had a 38ft Diesel Pusher just before buying our Sprinter and we had a Queen size bed with a piece of 3" memory foam under the mattress. We took that (1 piece) of foam and put it under the 2 piece mattress in our 24G and when we pull in the slide we move the 2 piece up (with the fitted sheet) and as the slide is coming in we grab the 3" and let it roll against the back wall. It works really good, I am curious about your gel-foam and how it acts when you pull the slide in..

Thanks Lee
Old 12-01-2013, 07:38 AM   #4

Yesterday I waxed the cab, Yes it is a 2013 and it more and likely didn't need but I figured what the heck here in California it was in the mid 60's and I could so I did..

Make It A Great Day.......

SeeTheUSA....... Question for you how do you like the Refrigerator? With that removable freezer?
Old 12-01-2013, 10:12 AM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
We waxed our whole rig, except the top, last week. It was in the 80's and so nice. First time we waxed it. Not a daunting task, we just teamed up and did a little "wax on" then "wax off!"

As far as the refrigerator, well, we don't like it as well as the two-door model we had in our previous 2006 View. It's okay, freezer isn't as good and it makes weird noises
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:45 PM   #6

Walked by and looked at it wished we were out somewhere sitting next to a campfire doing nothing.

I agree with you on the fridge, except ours does not work as good as our previous ones. I had it on for Thanksgiving (turned all the way and parked in our covered storage) and it never got down below 37*. I hate to think what's going to happen when we go camping this coming summer in the dessert.
Old 12-05-2013, 10:26 PM   #7

Being I am able store my Motor Home at home, I have a small heater running inside jsu because I can...... Temps are in the 20's at night but rebound to the 50's during the day... Advantage living in Central Valley of California...
Old 12-17-2013, 10:16 AM   #8

Exercised the Generator... Turned on the heater and water heater to put a load on it and it ran like a champ.... Now it has 12.6 hours on it...

Later this week I'll take him down and top off all the fuels and get ready for 2014 adventures.... Going to Pismo Coast Village and Quartzite in January...
God Bless Us All
Old 12-22-2013, 03:47 PM   #9

We're busy outfitting. I pulled most of my life, this is great tho! 2012 Winnie View Profile on the 2011 Sprinter Chassis. got it a week ago... 2700 miles. Checking fluids -tho where IS the tranny fluid dipstick???? Mobile one oil, can't find the MB specific tranny fluid in usual suspect places-will try the MB dealer MOnday. Figured out with Winnebago's help, the dash radio is not stock. Also have the remote & owner's manual for the Jensen that was there. It's a Pioneer supposedly no gps (it does) and had Sirius, but the interface ($165+ labor) was gone. The other Sirius unit still under the pass seat. This View has all the options, too. Filled the DEF (2.1 gallons). Got extra oil, antifreeze, fanbelts. Did your unit come with a 12V air pump under the pass side seat in step well? Wife unit getting things she wants for interior. We'll head for Mayo in AZ January for annual physical, soooo will dewinterize & winterize going and coming. Put new wiper blades on. Got a hitch hauler to carry the lawn chairs and ice chest. Will look for a tandem axle 10' trailer in the spring to haul the '29 ford pickup occasionally.

Open to suggestions folks.... Dave :-)
DaveBeadles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 07:51 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveBeadles View Post
We're busy outfitting. I pulled most of my life, this is great tho! 2012 Winnie View Profile on the 2011 Sprinter Chassis. got it a week ago... 2700 miles. Checking fluids -tho where IS the tranny fluid dipstick???? Mobile one oil, can't find the MB specific tranny fluid in usual suspect places-will try the MB dealer MOnday. Figured out with Winnebago's help, the dash radio is not stock. Also have the remote & owner's manual for the Jensen that was there. It's a Pioneer supposedly no gps (it does) and had Sirius, but the interface ($165+ labor) was gone. The other Sirius unit still under the pass seat. This View has all the options, too. Filled the DEF (2.1 gallons). Got extra oil, antifreeze, fanbelts. Did your unit come with a 12V air pump under the pass side seat in step well? Wife unit getting things she wants for interior. We'll head for Mayo in AZ January for annual physical, soooo will dewinterize & winterize going and coming. Put new wiper blades on. Got a hitch hauler to carry the lawn chairs and ice chest. Will look for a tandem axle 10' trailer in the spring to haul the '29 ford pickup occasionally.

Open to suggestions folks.... Dave :-)
In my 2013 the stock radio in the dash works good (so far) it has a built in Weather Radio that turns on automatically when bad weather is in the area. We like that part but the rest could use HELP... LoL

I don't have a 12v air pump under the seat not sure why yours does.

We tow a 96 Tracker and use it like a mini pick-up took the back seat out and have plenty of room for Stuff.....

Enjoy your toy
Old 03-21-2014, 12:14 PM   #11

Added valve stem extensions , for outer duals got 135 degree bends and bent them another 5 degrees with 2 inch extensions the innerspring took off the 2 inch extensions and replaced them with 4 inch extensions, added,a hook to hold the shower curtain back , replaced the headlights with 5600 k white light bulbs , the other day added a led to the closet light now I can actually see in there , and added LEDs under the dash to light the floor if we drop anything.
Silver bike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:08 PM   #12

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver bike View Post
Added valve stem extensions , for outer duals got 135 degree bends and bent them another 5 degrees with 2 inch extensions the innerspring took off the 2 inch extensions and replaced them with 4 inch extensions, added,a hook to hold the shower curtain back , replaced the headlights with 5600 k white light bulbs , the other day added a led to the closet light now I can actually see in there , and added LEDs under the dash to light the floor if we drop anything.
I hope the extensions work out for you....I have read where people say they have leaked.

Jim
MutinyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 08:39 PM   #13

Washed the motorhome using my new RV Aircraft Waterless Wash Wax Mop Kit from Aero Cosmetics that I bought on amazon. The stuff works really good and is easy to use. http://www.amazon.com/Aircraft-Water...s=Wash+wax+all
ksteve06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 01:05 PM   #14

What do you have for wheel covers? I need to replace my View's and would like to have access to the valve stems. Thanks for tweaking my curiosity.
plmjim is offline   Reply With Quote