Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE CHASSIS CLUB FORUMS > Sprinter Chassis Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-11-2018, 05:50 AM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
ZEP wet look floor finish

I didn't want to "restart" a famous argument about using Zep or not using it. I personally have used it for many years on my boats and RVs. What I want to know is has anyone used it on PAINTED surfaces. Everything I used it on was Fiberglas. Now that this RV has a painted surface, I didn't know. Thanks for any reply if someone knows the answer.
Millberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2018, 07:46 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
I'm not sure why you would want to put a floor wax that does not contain any UV inhibitors on your clear coat. There is a very good chance it will just flake off pretty quickly.

Meguires Ultra is a better product for painted surfaces. Rejex would be a good choice as well.
luvlabs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 08:28 AM   #3

Freightliner Owners Club
I also used it on prior MH, again on the fiberglass and decals with excellent results over several years. No experience with painted surface. You can always try it on a small area. If your unit is newer and the paint is in good shape, a good cleaner and wax may be a better option.
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
From what I have been able to come up with from a LOT of reading and letters from the company---On fiberglass- Use 303 all over for a showroom look with UV protection (definitely use 303 on rubber roofs-also on the outside of your rolled up awning-the part you see when rolled up- AC covers, Vent covers, etc.- also any vinyl decals). If you want a high gloss look- on the rest of RV, which is shinier than a showroom new product look- use the Zep.
For painted surfaces--the argument is still on. One thing from Aerospace 303 was NOT to mix or do both since they repel each other. They said 303 was fine for painted surfaces.

I guess my original question is still out there---Has anyone had good or bad luck from using ZEP on painted surfaces?
Old 04-12-2018, 12:29 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Received this today from ZEP. I don't know if they are covering their bases to keep from testing on everything or what- but unless I hear from one of you that has been doing it for years on painted surfaces, I am steering clear. I asked ZEP about painted surfaces:

ZEP:"No, unfortunately. The Zep Wet-look Floor Polish is for use on interior floors such as rubber, asphalt tile, vinyl, vinyl composition, sealed concrete, terrazzo and no-wax vinyl floors. Avoid use on wood, marble, granite, natural stone, painted or stained concrete and glazed ceramic tile. Thank you for your inquiry. We appreciate your business. Best Regards, Zep Commercial Retail Technical Support"

(Meguiars Ultra---here I come) Thanks everyone for your input.
Old 10-22-2018, 03:11 PM   #6

Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millberry View Post
I didn't want to "restart" a famous argument about using Zep or not using it. I personally have used it for many years on my boats and RVs. What I want to know is has anyone used it on PAINTED surfaces. Everything I used it on was Fiberglas. Now that this RV has a painted surface, I didn't know. Thanks for any reply if someone knows the answer.
I have an older RV & impossible to get decent finish with polish but ZEP high traffic did the job, looks great(Preparation is the key) I talked to tech people at ZEP & I used on some of the faded paint surfaces without any issues.
lesf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 09:18 AM   #7

Applied Zep to all surfaces on our Bounder including the painted surfaces on the entire lower section and parts of the front cap. That was 4 years ago and except for annual maintenance coats, looks as good today as the day we put it on. Chuck
chuckbear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor