Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-26-2017, 10:14 AM   #1

2013 Palazzo Slides not working!

Well, this AM we were prepping to depart for a short trip and the slides would not extend on our 2013 Palazzo! Neither of them made any noise or movement when extend button pressed! Batteries are good (we keep RV plugged in to 50A when not on the road). Checked for power at each controller and none there! It would seem to be fuze or relay issue but I cannot find a fuze or relay so marked. Checked for inline fuse near each controller, nothing found!

Going to call Thor but not sure anybody home during the holidays! Anybody else have similar problem? I am open to suggestions!

Have a safe New Year!
2019 Bounder 35P
bobsea43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-26-2017, 10:19 AM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Check the buss breakers in the battery bay.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:56 AM   #3

Stiltner,
Thnx for your input. I did look in the battery compartment for a fuse panel or relays or something and found nothing that looked likely. I did just go out and look again and nothing, except a big black (3" X 4" approx) cover bolted to the wall with several cables coming and going. I have not removed the cover as it has some accessibility issues with two of the bolts, but I can if needed. I did not yesterday because my impression was that that it was not intended to be removed, e.g. nothing behind it that needed "routine" access! If you think that a buss bar is there I will take it off - may take it off anyway if I don't hear back from Thor. Two years ago I was having some continuing issues with my front slide and they were there during the holidays, not this year I guess!
Thanx again for your feedback!
Old 12-27-2017, 09:32 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
no problem, that's what this website is for.....

Buss breakers are in plain sight. they might be red in color, and look like buttons as pictured here. Click image for larger version

Name:	1514392285782.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	414.0 KB
ID:	186936
Old 12-27-2017, 09:39 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
also check the 12v 30amp fuse in the box at the foot of the bed
Old 12-27-2017, 09:42 AM   #6

Make sure key is not in the ignition and brake is on.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:43 AM   #7

Do any of the other 12 volts stuff work. Lights?
Use store switch in use?
Old 12-27-2017, 08:36 PM   #8

Thanx for the pic. I did find a single bolt in front electric compart (outside in front of driver side tire). It had a single 5A fuse, I had not checked it as I thought it was too small to be a player, but this afternoon I did and it was good! Tomorrow I will pull the cover on the box in the battery compartment and see what is there.
I did have a momentary "oh, yea" about the park brake. I had pulled the RV up about 10 ft so we could move the front slide out and get better access to refrig to pack it for travel. It is level and MAYBE I forgot to set the brake! No such luck, I had set the brake as usual. So no joy there!
I don't have a fuze box at the foot of the bed, it is probably the one beneath the TV in the center of the RV and is not accessible when slide is in. However, I have accessed it a number of times and don't remember any slide related fuse there! Since I have no power to the controller I cannot use the bypass technique to move the slide!
I do have some concern for the store switch. I don't normally use it as the RV remains plugged in when not travelling. However, last week i did disconnected shore power and put store switch in Store to isolate the battery as part of the reset for the dash radio which had quit working. At this point the store switch seems to be working at designed, the lights, the ceiling fans, water pump, ect all are off in the Store position and come on when you press the USE side of the switch, but I wonder if there is a circuit or relay "behind/past" the switch that might control the slides and it has failed. Since both slides are "dead", no movement, no clicking or humming or anything I feel is has to be a power problem, just not sure where the problem is!!
Fortunately, we don't have to go anyplace for a while. I called a mobile tech this AM but no return call so I suspect he enjoying the holidays. I have a shop here I have used a few times but not particularly impressed and this time of the year all the snowbirds are here clamoring for service.
Thanx again for your inputs!
Old 12-28-2017, 05:31 AM   #9

I would suggest that it is the Buss Fuse in the battery compartment. There should be two. One may have a little yellow or red 'flag' that has tripped out.... push it back in to reset it. These are 'master fuses' for high amp power for Hydraulics(levelers) and Motors(slides). They are usually mounted on the left wall.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2017, 08:12 AM   #10

Mister T,
Thanx. I just checked in the battery compartment as another suggested. There is a buss bar there under a cover, but no buttons, relays, CBs present! Just the bar with 4 battery cable connections! I think you and Stiltner are on the right track, but my 2013 Palazzo 33.1 is obviously different in this respect. I am still looking for the fuse like you describe!
Thanx for your input!

On Edit: as I was writing above I realized I had not checked the inverter compartment (pax side rear most compartment) for a buss bar or something related to slides. Well I found a buss bar with 4 posts but no buttons or slides or switches except for one of the cables is connected to a solenoid. Not sure what it's purpose is but going to see what I can find out - when it stops raining shortly, I hope!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171228_101528_resized.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	297.6 KB
ID:	187042  
Old 12-28-2017, 08:26 PM   #11

Well I got in to Campers Inn this afternoon and they found a short in the slide wiring and fixed it. It took them 2 hours to track it down and an hour to fix it! So we are ready to go!
Thanx for all your help and interest!
Old 12-28-2017, 08:39 PM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
what was the problem? what did they find?
Old 01-17-2018, 10:09 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsea43 View Post
Well I got in to Campers Inn this afternoon and they found a short in the slide wiring and fixed it. It took them 2 hours to track it down and an hour to fix it! So we are ready to go!
Thanx for all your help and interest!
Can you be more specific on where the short was?
GOBERNATZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 05:38 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsea43 View Post
Mister T,
Thanx. I just checked in the battery compartment as another suggested. There is a buss bar there under a cover, but no buttons, relays, CBs present! Just the bar with 4 battery cable connections! I think you and Stiltner are on the right track, but my 2013 Palazzo 33.1 is obviously different in this respect. I am still looking for the fuse like you describe!
Thanx for your input!

On Edit: as I was writing above I realized I had not checked the inverter compartment (pax side rear most compartment) for a buss bar or something related to slides. Well I found a buss bar with 4 posts but no buttons or slides or switches except for one of the cables is connected to a solenoid. Not sure what it's purpose is but going to see what I can find out - when it stops raining shortly, I hope!
It’s possible the solenoid could be your emergency start which connect the house batteries to the starting battery?

Tags
slide