Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-18-2018, 10:41 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
2016 Palazzo 33.2 Power control monitor

I'm almost too embarrassed to ask, I seem to have trouble locating the power control monitor on my 2016 33.2. I know where the Inverter panel is and the panel to check the tanks too.
High Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-18-2018, 11:27 AM   #2

What do you mean exactly by power control panel? The inverter panel is what you use for power almost all the time.
drivintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:36 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Plains View Post
I'm almost too embarrassed to ask, I seem to have trouble locating the power control monitor on my 2016 33.2. I know where the Inverter panel is and the panel to check the tanks too.
I have 2016 Palazzo 35.1 and the only power control that I have is the same panel as the inverter. It is in a cabinet over the door. Are you perhaps asking about circuit breakers & fuses? Mine are located in the end of the bed. You have to have the bedroom slide open and look under the foot end of the mattress. I have two black plastic panels with the stuff behind them.

Hope that's helpful.

Bill
BillW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:38 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
The inverter panel doesn't show me how many amps I'm using, just what the status of the inverter is. The manual shows a power control monitor and an inverter panel. I understand the manual is generic so my coach may not have one.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:40 AM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW1 View Post
I have 2016 Palazzo 35.1 and the only power control that I have is the same panel as the inverter. It is in a cabinet over the door. Are you perhaps asking about circuit breakers & fuses? Mine are located in the end of the bed. You have to have the bedroom slide open and look under the foot end of the mattress. I have two black plastic panels with the stuff behind them.

Hope that's helpful.

Bill
Thanks, I have the same as you describe. I saw the power control panel in the manual so it's quite possible there isn't one in my coach. I got used to the power monitor in my old coach.
Old 07-18-2018, 11:52 AM   #6

Quote:
The inverter panel doesn't show me how many amps I'm using, just what the status of the inverter is. The manual shows a power control monitor and an inverter panel. I understand the manual is generic so my coach may not have one.

Assuming you have the Xantrex inverter panel it does show amps being used and voltage of batteries when the shore line/generator is off.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:54 AM   #7

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
Assuming you have the Xantrex inverter panel it does show amps being used and voltage of batteries when the shore line/generator is off.
I have the Magnum panel.
Old 07-18-2018, 10:58 PM   #8

Quote:
I have the Magnum panel.

The Magnum ME-RC50 which was standard on the first few years of the Palazzo does not have some of the battery monitor features you are looking for. You can upgrade to the Magnum ARC-50 and add a BMK (Battery Monitor Kit) to monitor battery status and charge/discharge rates. The control panel swap is easy, wiring the BMK takes a bit more work.

You can compare features and download the manuals for both monitors from this page:

http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/ren...emote-controls

Information on the BMK is available from this page:

http://www.magnum-dimensions.com/battery-monitor-kit
Old 07-19-2018, 05:43 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by appsol View Post
The Magnum ME-RC50 which was standard on the first few years of the Palazzo does not have some of the battery monitor features you are looking for. You can upgrade to the Magnum ARC-50 and add a BMK (Battery Monitor Kit) to monitor battery status and charge/discharge rates. The control panel swap is easy, wiring the BMK takes a bit more work.

You can compare features and download the manuals for both monitors from this page:

Remote Controls | Magnum Dimensions

Information on the BMK is available from this page:

Battery Monitor Kit | Magnum Dimensions
Thanks
Old 07-19-2018, 06:41 AM   #10

Also remember the ARC (and maybe the RC) will show amps used, but it is only on one leg, the one coming to the inverter.
drivintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 08:22 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivintin View Post
Also remember the ARC (and maybe the RC) will show amps used, but it is only on one leg, the one coming to the inverter.

Good point, and most of the time amps used isn't as much of a concern when plugged in to shore power. I monitor total power consumption using a Progressive Industries hard wired EMS-HW50C with remote display, having learned the hard way that a plug in surge arrestor does no good when you forget to plug it after arriving at a campground late at night in a thunderstorm.

Old 07-19-2018, 09:33 AM   #12

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by appsol View Post
Good point, and most of the time amps used isn't as much of a concern when plugged in to shore power. I monitor total power consumption using a Progressive Industries hard wired EMS-HW50C with remote display, having learned the hard way that a plug in surge arrestor does no good when you forget to plug it after arriving at a campground late at night in a thunderstorm.

Where do you have your Surge arrestor mounted? I have a plug in that I've had for 8 years and I'm sure it's going to need to be replaced soon.

I got in the habit of monitoring amps with our last coach when we stayed at our membership park that only had 30 Amp in most of the sites. Between the DW, DGD, AC's and hairdryers it was a never ending struggle.

Now we just pay extra for the 50 Amp with the Palazzo.
Old 07-19-2018, 10:06 AM   #13

Quote:
Where do you have your Surge arrestor mounted? I have a plug in that I've had for 8 years and I'm sure it's going to need to be replaced soon.

I got in the habit of monitoring amps with our last coach when we stayed at our membership park that only had 30 Amp in most of the sites. Between the DW, DGD, AC's and hairdryers it was a never ending struggle.

Now we just pay extra for the 50 Amp with the Palazzo.
I bought the 50 amp Progressive for my Palazzo 35.1 and mounted it under the bed with the crossover switch. I brought the monitor panel wire out by the electric outlet on the side of the bed frame and mounted it next to the outlet. The bedding hides it until you need to look at it.

Bill
BillW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 10:09 AM   #14

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillW1 View Post
I bought the 50 amp Progressive for my Palazzo 35.1 and mounted it under the bed with the crossover switch. I brought the monitor panel wire out by the electric outlet on the side of the bed frame and mounted it next to the outlet. The bedding hides it until you need to look at it.

Bill
Thanks Bill.

Tags
monitor, power