Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:36 PM   #1

36.1 Palazzo anyone hard wire HDMI to the outside TV?

So I'm trying to run a long HDMI cable to the outside TV and was wondering if anyone found a good solution?

I have removed the panels in the half bath and accessed the back of the TV, just looking for a way to fish the wire forward. I see wire bundles, heater conduit, and piping running forward but it's a tight squeeze. Anyone figured this out already?

I am set on hard wiring, not looking for wireless. Thanks.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-21-2017, 06:09 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_cruisin View Post
So I'm trying to run a long HDMI cable to the outside TV and was wondering if anyone found a good solution?

I have removed the panels in the half bath and accessed the back of the TV, just looking for a way to fish the wire forward. I see wire bundles, heater conduit, and piping running forward but it's a tight squeeze. Anyone figured this out already?

I am set on hard wiring, not looking for wireless. Thanks.
I did this on my 33.2 fishing the cable up through the wall of the bathroom. Where is the electronics cabinet on the 36.1?
Old 07-21-2017, 06:16 PM   #3

Where are you trying to run the cable to? If it is the overhead to the right as you enter then I went behind the fridge and up the that cabinet.
drivintin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 10:54 AM   #4

I put a wireless HMDI connector in. Much easier, it's been in for 2 years, works fine.

I put an IOGEAR HMDI extender in, also put in a RocketFish swivel HMDI adapter to get to the HMDI port on the TV. Installed by access panel behind the TV in bathroom, did not have to take the TV out.

Hope that helps.
mmullane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 02:24 PM   #5

I'm trying to run the cable forward inside the wall on the passenger side.

I've already got it inside the wall in the half bath. Just need a path forward that eventually pops out inside the cabinets on the passenger side.

I'm not sure how to get past the furnace and the fridge.
Old 07-23-2017, 04:25 PM   #6

I can't see from the online floor plan of the 36.1 but it appears there is no cabinet over the refrigerator. My guess is that you need to pull the refer then you can take the cable across the wall behind it and get into the false bottom on the upper cabinet to the left of the refer. After that it's cabinet by cabinet until you get to the electronics, which I assume are by the front TV.

If you post a picture/pictures of that wall in your rig from the refer forward I can probably identify the path to use, having done this twice, once to get HDMI to the external TV and again to get it to the bedroom TV.
Old 07-24-2017, 02:31 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by appsol View Post
I can't see from the online floor plan of the 36.1 but it appears there is no cabinet over the refrigerator. My guess is that you need to pull the refer then you can take the cable across the wall behind it and get into the false bottom on the upper cabinet to the left of the refer. After that it's cabinet by cabinet until you get to the electronics, which I assume are by the front TV.
I was hoping someone would have found a path on a 36.1 that did not require pulling the fridge. If I can get the wire past that I will do it exactly as you say, cabinet to cabinet.

From another post pulling the fridge sounds like a pain.
" The two top brackets are secured with wood screws to another structural wooden header and to the fridge with the two sided tape. After removing the wood screws, the brackets can be re-positioned by prying the brackets up, away from the fridge. The two sided tape is strong and can be reused. I was tempted to add sheet metal screw to the bracket/fridge joint but was cautioned against this. There are capillary tubes in the fridge that are easily punctured. The key is to get the fridge in place and then force the brackets down flat on the the two sided tape while re-installing the wood screws. My fridge has not shifted before or since re-installation.

Re-installing the wooden valance required pulling the brad nails out from the back side of the board and scraping off some residual hot glue. I re-installed it using a pneumatic brad nailer with 18 gauge wire brads set in the ogee recesses of the header board."