Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-04-2018, 10:16 AM   #1

ABS light and beeping sounds

Hi guys! Brand new owner of a 2018 33.3 Palazzo here. I truly enjoy reading all your posts and I’ve learned a lot already. I’m also new to a Diesel pusher so just trying to figure out some things that may obvious to a lot of you.

When we drove the MH yeaterday from the dealer’s lot, everytime we drove over some rough patch of road or a bump, the ABS light came on and a beeping sound would also be heard. Maybe 2-3 beeps and then the light would come off and the beeps stop. This happened maybe 10-15 times, again, everytime we were over a bump on the road (we drove over a highway that is going over construction for quite some tme).

So, I’m wondering, is this normal? Is there anything I need to do to avoid it? Or, is this something that I’d need to talk to Freightliner or the dealer?

Any help will be sincerely appreciated!
TrueBlue18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-04-2018, 11:17 AM   #2

Probably a slightly loose or slightly mis-adjusted abs sensor. A Cummins shop should be able to take care of it under warranty in just a couple of minutes. Should not cause any driving issues in the mean time.
Mnoel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 11:29 AM   #3

Thank you Mnoel. I’ll take to the local shop.
Old 03-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue18 View Post
Hi guys! Brand new owner of a 2018 33.3 Palazzo here. I truly enjoy reading all your posts and I’ve learned a lot already. I’m also new to a Diesel pusher so just trying to figure out some things that may obvious to a lot of you.

When we drove the MH yeaterday from the dealer’s lot, everytime we drove over some rough patch of road or a bump, the ABS light came on and a beeping sound would also be heard. Maybe 2-3 beeps and then the light would come off and the beeps stop. This happened maybe 10-15 times, again, everytime we were over a bump on the road (we drove over a highway that is going over construction for quite some tme).

So, I’m wondering, is this normal? Is there anything I need to do to avoid it? Or, is this something that I’d need to talk to Freightliner or the dealer?

Any help will be sincerely appreciated!
That is not normal. I agree. It should be looked at by Freightliner.
iluvuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 08:10 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueBlue18 View Post
Hi guys! Brand new owner of a 2018 33.3 Palazzo here. I truly enjoy reading all your posts and I’ve learned a lot already. I’m also new to a Diesel pusher so just trying to figure out some things that may obvious to a lot of you. !
Congrats TrueBlue on your new Palazzo! You found the right place for all your Palazzo questions. Be sure to check back often and let us know how things are going with your new coach.
JBDALHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 01:02 PM   #6

Thank you all for your comments. I talked to FTL Helpline today and they referred me to the local shop. I have an appointment for this Thursday and we'll see where it goes from there. Hoping it's nothing serious as this is my first DP and don't know what to expect.
Old 03-05-2018, 01:17 PM   #7

Welcome, and enjoy your new coach. Regardless of how "simple" your solution may turn out to be, please post the result of your visit to Freightliner. Knowing how an issue was resolved is how the rest of the community is truly helped.

Congrats on your new Palazzo!
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 12:32 PM   #8

Outcome of shop visit

Well, just a quick update on the results of this issue after taking my MH to Trans West.

It turns that the coach had several loose connections at the Power Distribution Module (PDM). It took them about 2 weeks to figure it out as they had to reset the ECM, clear the codes and test drive the coach, apparently many times. So, after a while they figured that "...loose connections found at the PDM were causing the coach to shut down and loose dash electronics and lights. Retorqued the power cables throughout the side compartment. Cleared the codes in the ABS module and the ECM again". This fixed the problem. I don't know if it really was complicated to figure out the problem, or they were just busy and taking their time to work on my MH.

Just thought of posting here for future reference.
Old 04-04-2018, 01:26 PM   #9

glad it's figured out and up to par again, but, yes, any shop or rv dealership where you 'leave' your coach will take as much time as they like to find and fix your issues, versus you sitting there and 'waiting' on them... they don't have much reason to fix it 'quickly' when you're not there harping on them.
When we have warranty or repairs or service, I always tell the shop that we are in the middle of our travels and don't have time to wait - please hurry, as we will be waiting in your 'waiting room' until you do.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2018, 01:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
glad it's figured out and up to par again, but, yes, any shop or rv dealership where you 'leave' your coach will take as much time as they like to find and fix your issues, versus you sitting there and 'waiting' on them... they don't have much reason to fix it 'quickly' when you're not there harping on them.
When we have warranty or repairs or service, I always tell the shop that we are in the middle of our travels and don't have time to wait - please hurry, as we will be waiting in your 'waiting room' until you do.
Thanks MisterT. I'll have to remember this next time so what can be done in a couple of hours doesn't end up lasting 2 weeks...

Tags
abs, light