Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-03-2015, 09:01 AM   #1

Air Conditioner - Generator Help Needed

While I have always heard there is no such thing as a dumb question, this may be one. I have a 2014 Palazzo 33.2. While parked and running the front air conditioner with the generator we put something in the microwave. This had never been a problem before, but this time it felt like a breaker tripped and everything went off. After just a brief period of time the microwave would work perfectly but the air conditioner would no longer run off the generator. Is there a separate breaker that controls the air conditioner? Any suggestions as what to look for will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help provided!
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-03-2015, 09:12 AM   #2

Yes, there is a circuit breaker for each AC at the foot of the bed.
Old 08-03-2015, 01:33 PM   #3

On the top of your generator there is a breaker. Right beside the starter switch. Good chance it has flipped to the "off" side. Just turn it back on.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 05:39 PM   #4

i just experience something similar at TotalValueRV service rv site - was running the rear a/c off the 30a site service - After I came back from walking the dog I noticed the A/c was off, and the Magnum panel above the door was reading 'inverting'.
Hmmmm, ok, I'll check my main breaker - nope, not tripped. Ok, I'll check the breakers in the battery bay- nope, all good. Only other thing it could be was the rv site 30a breaker at the pole- nope, no breaker there(?)...
I then summized that there must be a master breaker panel - yep, out in the field behind the rv sites. All but one of the 30a site breakers were tripped!
I suppose that several folks had thought that, like me, maybe the whole park was out of power so there is nothing that you can do about it. And this is a 'free' rv site for the rv center, no one here after hours.
Sometimes it takes alittle 'sloothing' to get down to the facts.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 07:22 PM   #5

Very common for the north sight at Total Value to be the one that goes out.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 06:45 PM   #6

Same thing happened to me

Same thing happened to me. Generator was on, 1 or 2 AC's are running, family members throw something the microwave, breaker on AC trips, microwave comes back on because the inverter kicks in.

We are awesome at it.
mmullane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 12:58 PM   #7

I read the ONAN generator manual and found that the 2 common generator being installed in the gas and diesel MH are the 5500 and 6000. Both of those could only handle max 2 of 13,500 to 15,000 BTU air conditioning system with less than 300 watts left for light...

Having that said, the microwave would pull at least 1500 watts or more to start, this alone for sure will trip your circuit...

I am attaching the ONAN document here just incase you don't have one yet...

TL
Attached Files
File Type: pdf ONAN Generator for RV.pdf (1.11 MB, 37 views)
tamdle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:11 PM   #8

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I keep coming back to this thread.. he said the A/C and Microwave went out then after a while the Microwave worked again.

HE FAILED TO SAY ANYTHING ABOUT RESETTING BREAKERS.

I have never heard of a self resetting 120 volt breaker (Dangerous in fact so they will likely never be) All the 120 volt breakers are Manual.

So.. This one has me stumped.. OTHER than this;

Many RVers have a few screws loose (no this is not a joke) The copper wires are relative soft metal.. With heat and cold and vibration the wire which is CLAMPED into the circuit breaker begains to change shape.. From Round to oval As this happens it no longer makes good contact.

When My RV was just a few months old I had issues with one or the other A/C not working,, The very first thing I checked was those breakers.. I observed one of the wires move in the clamp so tripped the mains and broke out the screwdriver (#2 Square on my Rig)

One of the screws took over 2 turns before I felt any resistance and over another turn before it was snug.

That is the ONLY thing I can think of that fits his symptoms.

NOTE: Do not play in a "Hot" Electrical box.. 120 volts can give you a nasty bite (Read that fatal bite) if you are not careful so get rid of it first.

Tags
air conditioner, generator