Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-29-2016, 01:59 PM   #15

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Me too...

This is my next project.

When we arrived back in Colorado after our spring break trip it was 25 degrees. As I was opening the filter canister to remove it for winterizing that two cent elbow on the hard plastic water line snapped from the cold. Cheap crap.
Yellville is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-11-2017, 09:34 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
The photos shows the pump with new wiring. I didn't mount it to the floor but used a red silicone 'doggy dish' holder underneath to provide quiet operation and less vibrations - can't even hear it anymore in the coach - sweet.
Thank you for the post. Our stock water pump is ridiculously loud, it vibrates and bangs against the wall in the bay and is on my list of things to fix.

Would it be possible to get a few more pictures of your pump mount? Maybe from a few different angles so I can copy it.

Do you happen to have a part number for the pump mount? Thanks again.
Old 04-11-2017, 07:08 PM   #17

Excellent set up Mr. T !!!..... Sometimes on REAL cold nights I put a drop light on the wet side just for added protection.......with this set up it would cover the filter and pump as well !!!! Plus now you have enough pipe to start on your solar water heater LOL.
Robf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:33 AM   #18

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by just_cruisin View Post
Thank you for the post. Our stock water pump is ridiculously loud, it vibrates and bangs against the wall in the bay and is on my list of things to fix.

Would it be possible to get a few more pictures of your pump mount? Maybe from a few different angles so I can copy it.

Do you happen to have a part number for the pump mount? Thanks again.

actually, I didn't 'mount' it at all, which is part of the reason there is no more 'chatter' when it is running - I just set it in a silicone rubber 'dog bowl' near the left wall of the bay, in front of the water tank - it keeps it up off of the floor, and provides a buffer between it and the coach when running, limiting any noise ....

now my only problem is - I CAN'T hear it running! LOL
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 08:13 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Awesome MisterT! Now if I could just figure out how to eliminate the Anderson valve!!
Old 04-13-2017, 10:28 AM   #20

yes, that's a good 'engineering' idea for Thor... but I'm sure that the current Anderson Valve setup is a very cost-effective install versus the separate runs required for separate handles and cutoffs... mine has worked well for the last year, with no issues, but I've also taken the following precautions...

- always remove any pressure - city water spigot turned 'OFF' and relieve any residual water pressure in the lines by turning on the water bay faucet for several seconds -before turning the anderson valve
- always turn the anderson valve in a clockwise rotation

Bill, I also removed the 'City Water' connection from the water panel, and added a 6' extension to the factory water line, which gives me much more flexibility when hooking up to city water. I don't have worry about the city water connection in the bay leaking since now it is long enough that it actually can connect outside the water bay, either thru the lower deck plate hole, or thru a cable hatch that I installed in the bay.
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:28 PM   #21

Great job.

Is your fresh water tank secured?

I had to wedge some boards on what is the left side of your picture to keep the tank drain plug from popping off when the tank was full and I was on IH 35, which has its abrupt ups and downs. The only thing holding the right side in place is water lines.

Tags
water, water pump