Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-10-2017, 08:24 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robf View Post
We just returned from a 3 week 4200 mile trip from Texas to Glacier National park. This trip even further boosted my confidence in our 2016 33.3. (Averaged 9.8 mpg). From heavy cross winds in North Texas to several steep mountain passes... the biggest being the Teton Pass out side of Jackson Wy.
Couple of thoughts.....
This trip I did not down shift at all in the mountains, I let the trans do all the thinking. and I must say the Exhaust brake is amazing.
Slides and drop down bunk A +++++
Cummins-Allison-Freightliner is bullet proof !!!!
The stock Queen Mattress is a joke, Will be replacing with a real mattress soon.
Purchased a foam seat cushion for driver seat (Helped a lot)
Inverter and Generator A +++++
As we become more familiar with this Complex Machine the more impressed I am!!!!!
Spotted 2 palazzo along the way, Black color scheme in Montana,( possibly the same one Mr T Spotted) and A Tan one like ours on hwy 287 near Vernon tx.
I will echo you exactly! After a trip from Florida to Ca and back, no problems. We did replace the mattress after 3 nights, it is pitiful! Exhaust break and cruise control, let the Allison transmission do all the work. Also got a pillow for the drivers seat😄 2 years 20k miles 1 incident with OH bunk resolved easily after talking to a Thor tech. Any other problems have been self inflected! Headed back out west next month, confident the Palazzo will perform as expected!
Fanukalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-12-2017, 08:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanukalum View Post
I will echo you exactly! After a trip from Florida to Ca and back, no problems. We did replace the mattress after 3 nights, it is pitiful! Exhaust break and cruise control, let the Allison transmission do all the work. Also got a pillow for the drivers seat😄 2 years 20k miles 1 incident with OH bunk resolved easily after talking to a Thor tech. Any other problems have been self inflected! Headed back out west next month, confident the Palazzo will perform as expected!
We had a small issue with the over head bunk early on, My fault, I only pined one side on accident.......other than that My only major complaints are the front seats and the queen Mattress, Both are very low quality. But easily replaced. I am surprised the Mattress co would produce-put their name on such a poor quality product. Even if it is their "rv" mattress. Other than that I am Really impressed with our Palazzo !!!! Have a safe trip next month !!!! I think we are off to Galveston next weekend !!!!!!!
Robf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2017, 04:53 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robf View Post
Agreed, I have had the same experiences with the map apps. This trip I made an effort to stay on the main roads and not trust the " short- quick " route. I have been meaning to search for an app that is for "Big" vehicles ( Big trucks, Rv's etc)
The "shortest route" option is the most dangerous and misunderstood option in ANY GPS system. You can easily find yourself on city streets or unimproved roads when choosing that . . . DAHIK. OBTW, it can even put you in a sticky situation on a motorcycle!
Old 08-13-2017, 05:20 AM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
After our first week long trip on the MH, we came home and ordered the new mattress. I'm researching seat cushions now - before we head out from Massachusetts to Minnesota in 2 weeks.

I agree with whoever questioned how any manufacturer would want their name on the torture device mattress that came with our MH.
rmbmrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 07:48 AM   #19

We are happy with special 3" foam mattress
rockymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 08:04 AM   #20

Tried a temperpedic topper, but now have select comfort with dual control. Have found that very nice! ( so far).
Fanukalum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 06:30 PM   #21

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomertx View Post
The "shortest route" option is the most dangerous and misunderstood option in ANY GPS system. You can easily find yourself on city streets or unimproved roads when choosing that . . . DAHIK. OBTW, it can even put you in a sticky situation on a motorcycle!

X2!!! It almost needs removed from all GPS. Miserable directions.
Old 08-15-2017, 07:51 PM   #22

We recently returned for our first trip in our Palazzo 33.2. We are extremely happy. Central Florida to Maine with many stops in between. Though we did return with a "laundry list" for the local RV repair shop, most were very minor. We knew there would be issues with a new unit. There always is. We will be hitting the road next month for a trip to Hershey, PA, for the RV show. We will then make our way to Goshen, IN, for the Thor Diesel Club International Rally. So far - No regrets.
vmyoung61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 08:23 PM   #23

Thor Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Vmyoung61 we too are headed to Hershey next month in our 33.2 for the RV show. Where are you staying? For us it will be our first longer trip with the new coach before our run to Orlando in Oct.
JBDALHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 07:36 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmyoung61 View Post
We recently returned for our first trip in our Palazzo 33.2. We are extremely happy. Central Florida to Maine with many stops in between. Though we did return with a "laundry list" for the local RV repair shop, most were very minor. We knew there would be issues with a new unit. There always is. We will be hitting the road next month for a trip to Hershey, PA, for the RV show. We will then make our way to Goshen, IN, for the Thor Diesel Club International Rally. So far - No regrets.
Very good !!! Yes we also had a list with ours. I think we had 22 items when we took ours in for the first warranty visit. All were relatively small items...... Sounds like I am missing out on that RV show,must be a good one...... enjoy!
Old 08-16-2017, 06:46 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBDALHB View Post
Vmyoung61 we too are headed to Hershey next month in our 33.2 for the RV show. Where are you staying? For us it will be our first longer trip with the new coach before our run to Orlando in Oct.
We are staying at an RV/mobile home park in Dillsburg, PA, called Walmar Manor. Looks pretty nice on the website, but we shall see . . . It's between Gettysburg and Hershey. We will be there a week and plan on doing Gettysburg, also.

Maybe we can meet up at the show?

We live just south of Orlando.
vmyoung61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 06:52 AM   #26

Thor Owners Club
Returned recently from our "shake-down" cruise in the Palazzo 33.2. Traveled from Nevada to Indiana. Still getting to know "Bertha" as we call her. Overall, we have been very happy with this coach. Spent several days dry camping and using the generator on automatic start. At one point, it did not automatically restart and would not manually start. After some frantic searching (worrying about the dogs and parrot in the 90+ heat) DH discovered a flipped circuit breaker (30 amp on the AC) in the generator compartment. We tow a flat motorcycle trailer with two cruisers -- our mileage average just at 11 mpg. Other than some annoying little glitches (kitchen drawers slide out at bumps, GFCI circuit flips) all went very well with the coach.
OverHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2017, 05:33 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHill View Post
Returned recently from our "shake-down" cruise in the Palazzo 33.2. Traveled from Nevada to Indiana. Still getting to know "Bertha" as we call her. Overall, we have been very happy with this coach. Spent several days dry camping and using the generator on automatic start. At one point, it did not automatically restart and would not manually start. After some frantic searching (worrying about the dogs and parrot in the 90+ heat) DH discovered a flipped circuit breaker (30 amp on the AC) in the generator compartment. We tow a flat motorcycle trailer with two cruisers -- our mileage average just at 11 mpg. Other than some annoying little glitches (kitchen drawers slide out at bumps, GFCI circuit flips) all went very well with the coach.
Glad to hear all went well !!!! We just returned from a quick weekend trip to Galveston !!!!
Old 08-20-2017, 08:30 PM   #28

Thor Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by OverHill View Post
45K miles in about 2-1/2 years here. Our "Marco" has been to both coasts (Florida 3 times, Seattle once) and many trips from Oklahoma to Arizona and back. Don't recommend it, but we've done a couple of 800+ mile days...

On the kitchen drawers, you probably have an adjustment screw on the 'friction stop' that may help some with your problem. At least, our 2015 has this adjustment capability.
Big_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote