Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-18-2017, 06:42 PM   #15

Apologies for the missing pictures.

While in Moab are you planning on going to Canyonlands National Park. Kinda across from Arches. You did not mention if you hike. Grand View has a short hike that is spectacular.

There is also camping, in both Canyonlands and Arches. Some of the Canyonlands spots are very isolated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-18-2017, 07:12 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Wow, great picture!

We will go now. Thanks for the tip.

This trip is more of a recon excursion, getting ideas for an extended stay in the future, hopefully during cooler weather.

Did you do any boondocking in your Palazzo?
Old 03-18-2017, 08:43 PM   #17

No, I have never been boondocking in my Palazzo..

My Palazzo was purchased last May. It has never been fully functional.
(Do not feel compelled to read the explainer below)

At pick up front hood is warped and dealer did a temporary fix. On the way home from dealer, Trombetta failed. The front end had a shimmy. Had wheels balanced. Michelin discovered front tire with 18 inches of bead not seated– a blowout waiting to happen. Took to Escapees for 4 corner weights discovered the bad weight distribution. and jacks went crazy. When I got home I had local Freightliner adjust ride height and they were unable to level the front end. Had alignment. Even so, a few days later, started first trip to Washington DC and points north. Aborted in Indiana, and rented SUV to take girlfriend's grands to Washington DC. Limped home to San Antonio. Jacks berserk , open neutral from breaker panel to Inverter/Converter, shorted 12 power to control panel and water pump, shades falling down (mounted with small hardwood screws), freezer door fell of screws were stripped, shower leaking into hall and a bunch of other problems. Anything powered 110 through Inverter/Converter like fridge, microwave, 110 outlets, etc. no-op. At Camping World 2 months and came back with jacks leaking and still berserk. Replacement wires were exposed in back of storage cabinets. The added missing seatbelt was done without a new bolt – think two seatbelts two bolts, both halves of each seatbelt attached to one bolt. . Big water leak from kitchen area. Took to dealer in August driving 260 miles with jacks not fully up and alarms beeping. On the way to the dealer, screw fell out of the big shade adjacent to driver, so dealer replaced all the screws in all the shades. Was still waiting for hood, but picked up February 24 to go to Camp Freightliner in Gaffney for service. Freshwater leaking enroute. Freightliner is replacing their scales, but confirmed front end too light at nearby truck stop and recommended adding 1000+ pounds to front. After Camp Freightliner, stopped by dealer and they are ordering freshwater tank. Enroute home trombetta failed and Thor sent BIM for me to install to replace Trombetta. Have discovered some additional wiring issues, related to wires chafing. Slide makes noises like a sewer snake that gets pinned and then snaps loose Going to sechedule a couple of inspections before I take it back to the dealer, should they ever get the replacement hood and fresh water tank. I had a f2f with Mr. Stanley in November. There is more.

Have driven 6,000 something miles.

PS I finally discovered the jacks were berserk because the control unit installed in the big bay in the wrong place was pointed to the right front tire and not the front of the vehicle. Computer would command jacks to raise right side and see front right corner raised. Would sometimes end up with all jacks fully extended, all four wheels off the ground and refuse command to raise jacks, even after reset. Would have to hook up drill to pump and set valves to raise one jack at a time. BTW, doing that on a 33.2 requires a 90 degree adapter for your drill.

WISH I COULD USE MY 10 YEAR OLD NAVION AS A TOAD – EVERYTHING WORKS.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:35 PM   #18

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Was this a new or used Palazzo and what year/model?

Unbelievable that you have had that many problems with your Palazzo. I am so sorry. I have always heard you think you have problems until you hear someone else's. In relation to yours, my Palazzo is near perfect (slides excluded).

One would think that in this age of social media, all the Palazzo owners with problems could get together with a list of their issues and pressure Thor into some kind of action, without having to resort to lawyers, who are the only ones to profit from lawsuits anyway. There has to be hundreds, if not more of us, with problems.

We could go to all the RV Expos and Sales events, park our Palazzo, hang "Don't Buy Thor" signs and put up big screen TVs running homemade ads telling people not to buy Thor and show them why. Kind of like that guy on Youtube did a few years ago.

They are going to continue putting out poor quality products as long as the general public is not aware of it.