Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 04-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #1

Anyone have the slide go "thump, thump, thump"?

My slide goes in and out - the big slide. But at the end when it goes out, the motor stops and there is a loud thud, thud, thud or thump on the front slide. It also sounds like fingernails on a chalk board. I have a call coming in from Tor Monday morning but am afraid to move the slide again. Has anyone else had this happen? I can't find in on the slide forum threads. Frustrated.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-06-2014, 02:37 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokofriend View Post
My slide goes in and out - the big slide. But at the end when it goes out, the motor stops and there is a loud thud, thud, thud or thump on the front slide. It also sounds like fingernails on a chalk board. I have a call coming in from Tor Monday morning but am afraid to move the slide again. Has anyone else had this happen? I can't find in on the slide forum threads. Frustrated.
That is exactly what the slide on my old 33.2 sounded like before the Schwintek system self destructed and caused a catastrophic failure. Take a look at the rails (aluminum teeth) especially the top ones. The gears have most likely chewed up the aluminum teeth. Take some pictures of what you see and post them. You will get a lot of replies to this issue, no doubt. The large Schwintek slide out on the 33.2's is a pain point for me. Well, it was.

Road Master base plates
Palazzoblues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:44 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:

Did you speak with Thor?? Have you used the slide again ??
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:07 PM   #4

Well, guess I am on my way to Elkhart!! Perhaps a roller is loose and out to bug me!! Not moving it until I am ready to leave and will be there the 14th and hopefully be back before Easter!! Sounds like it will not take too long to get under and open the plates under the slide and correct it. I just want to have it back in one piece!! Keeping fingers and paws crossed.
Old 04-08-2014, 09:00 AM   #5

There's this song called... Another one bites the dust! Sorry to hear this Thor will fix it. I'm waiting to see when we all have to go back for seconds.
Road Master base plates
Old 04-08-2014, 09:10 AM   #6

Quote:
Well, guess I am on my way to Elkhart!! Perhaps a roller is loose and out to bug me!! Not moving it until I am ready to leave and will be there the 14th and hopefully be back before Easter!! Sounds like it will not take too long to get under and open the plates under the slide and correct it. I just want to have it back in one piece!! Keeping fingers and paws crossed.
We had the same problem, along with the "slide comes in crooked" problem. Glad to see you are going to take it straight to Elkhart. We wasted so many months with a local dealership! The techs in Elkhart are really good at their jobs.
Elkhart rebuilt our entire slide. Now it retracts fine, no thumping, no stopping.
Good Luck!!
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 03:35 PM   #7

sometimes, the rubber flaps (thats seals the slide and the floor) under the slide makes these thumping noises as you move the slide in/out.
Redridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2014, 07:44 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redridge View Post
sometimes, the rubber flaps (thats seals the slide and the floor) under the slide makes these thumping noises as you move the slide in/out.
Hey Ferdinand,

I bet the OP meant to say the slide goes CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK... LOL

Road Master base plates

Tags
slide