Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-20-2015, 07:56 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieD View Post
33.2 and Happy, Happy, Happy
I also have a 33.2. We are really enjoying ours,
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-20-2015, 08:01 PM   #16

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
We have a 2014 36.1 and have been very happy with it. We have put 15,000 miles in our first year. The problem I have are the modification that I keep doing. $$$ love it!

Sent from my iPhone using iRV2 - RV Forum
ferg182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 05:47 AM   #17

Thor Owners Club
Ditto on mine too!

Just got home from a 2 1/2 week run and have a little over 19000.00. So far so good with the exception of a few things that were fixed initially by Thor in the begining and me as time time goes along. Mileage towing a car at 62-63 is still around 10.75- 12.25 mpg pending on road and wind.
No slide problems yet!! [Knock on wood}.

Don
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150503_143716_resized.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	347.8 KB
ID:	94847   Click image for larger version

Name:	11174780_10204949364708203_806184927004733958_n.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	127.3 KB
ID:	94848  

Don Voyage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 07:18 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Voyage View Post
Just got home from a 2 1/2 week run and have a little over 19000.00. So far so good with the exception of a few things that were fixed initially by Thor in the begining and me as time time goes along. Mileage towing a car at 62-63 is still around 10.75- 12.25 mpg pending on road and wind.
No slide problems yet!! [Knock on wood}.

Don
We have a 2015 just like yours. I really like that they are just 11'10" tall.
Old 05-22-2015, 06:12 AM   #19

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Have a 35.1 and also happy. The 25% increase in MPG, the smoother ride, more room from my 7 foot smaller Class C is a bonus.
Peterrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 07:56 AM   #20

New to Class A, maybe

We are looking at the Palazzo 35.1 or 36.1. I'm finding lots of folks saying do not buy. More people post about problems that post about how good things, I understand that. But, the slide issues I read about are very concerning. Does the 2015 35.1 and 36.1 models have the same issues as the earlier ones? If I have to come up with 30 to 50 grand more $ to have a much better product, I will wait a while and do such.
Thanks for reading my 1st post here.
aeroshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:33 AM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroshots View Post
We are looking at the Palazzo 35.1 or 36.1. I'm finding lots of folks saying do not buy. More people post about problems that post about how good things, I understand that. But, the slide issues I read about are very concerning. Does the 2015 35.1 and 36.1 models have the same issues as the earlier ones? If I have to come up with 30 to 50 grand more $ to have a much better product, I will wait a while and do such.
Thanks for reading my 1st post here.
Welcome !!! Thanks for your post.

We love our 33.3 and would buy it again. The price point allowed us into an entry level DP and I knew going in that's what I was buying. I do not want to down play the problems that my friends have had with some of their coaches and it does seem that more 33.2 models are having the problems. What percent of overall production has the problem ?? I don't know but as you stated you will hear the problems more frequently.

I have not read a single problem with the 2015 models (that I can remember). Thor has been excellent to us and have covered more stuff that I broke and no questions asked sent us new parts for our dealer to install.

Good luck with your decision !! Any questions just ask. Seems we are a very vocal bunch. But great folks.
Billy
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 08:54 AM   #22

I have a 2014 36.1. It came with 2 tracks and I had a failure which Thor fixed by adding triple tracks. No problem since. You should expect issues with any coach. We love the layout and the coach.
TK IV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 09:51 AM   #23

Thanks guys. Sorry OP for the minor hijack, but figured my post was somewhat in line with your subject.
aeroshots is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:19 PM   #24

With the early 33.2 units the problem started almost immediately. Probably lots of reasons. Hugh slide-refrigerator & washer & dryer in slide. Just way to much weight to be moved with the original rails & motors. Some units had slide boxes that were not square. Over time they made better components I would say.

The models that did not have the frig & washer & dryer in the slide seemed to considerably less issues. Maybe no issues with the slide.

I chose to trade mine for a unit with four slides. All smaller slides. I'll never have a full wall slide again on any brand of coach. In my opinion way to much weight to move.

I would have to think that what is being built on the Palazzo as of late with the third rail should be better. But if the frig & washer & dryer are in there I'd be very concerned of the weight.

Lots of coaches out there on the market. Do your homework. One can go to most any brand on IRV-2 and ask questions of any model. Good luck with your search.

Russell
ChallengerRN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 01:44 PM   #25

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeroshots View Post
We are looking at the Palazzo 35.1 or 36.1. I'm finding lots of folks saying do not buy. More people post about problems that post about how good things....
We are very happy with our 2015 35.1, but only because we have not had slide out failures.

I would advise measuring each room slide out for proper squareness/clearance. Hopefully, if the slide outs are square, with proper clearance and support, you will not experience slide out issues.
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones47172 View Post
We are very happy with our 2015 35.1, but only because we have not had slide out failures.

I would advise measuring each room slide out for proper squareness/clearance. Hopefully, if the slide outs are square, with proper clearance and support, you will not experience slide out issues.
I have a 2015 33.2 and the other day putting the slide out I heard pop pop a couple of times. I think it was the drive slipping some on the gear rails. I ask Thor and they said to keep a watch on the wear of the slide rails. I hope this is common and will listen closely when we bring it back in next week. Just hope it isn't anything serious going on.
Old 05-22-2015, 05:43 PM   #27

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Just bought our 2015 36.1 Palazzo, and love it! It was prob the cart before the horse way of going about it, but once we paid our down payment on the unit, I started researching all I could about the brand. After reading some comments on IRV2 about slide issues first chance I had, I checked out our 3 rail slide system and saw nothing that would indicate any kind of slippage or premature wear(fridge is not on slide with washer/dryer).
t.thoro13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:32 PM   #28

Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfcreek View Post
I have a 2015 33.2 and the other day putting the slide out I heard pop pop a couple of times. I think it was the drive slipping some on the gear rails. I ask Thor and they said to keep a watch on the wear of the slide rails. I hope this is common and will listen closely when we bring it back in next week. Just hope it isn't anything serious going on.
I too have heard popping sounds when operating the large slide. It does sound like the pinion gear popping over a tooth on the rack. However, if this were true all 3 pinions on the shaft would have to pop together and one side would seat before the other. Nothing like this has occurred. Another thought was the sound a tye-wrap might make if being broken.

After lubricating the slide gear, as shown by Schwintek, and lubricating all the seals, no more popping has been heard. Quite a few extensions and retractions have been done and the big slide seems to operate smoothly every since. Another point to consider is do the motors go HUM-hum-HUM-hum or just HUM_HUM_HUM_HUM. The latter would indicate the room is moving evenly out and the former would indicate otherwise. (I hope that made sense )
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote