Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-23-2017, 05:13 PM   #1

Considering Used 36.1

We are infant newbies. Know very little about RV's other than the last month of research we've been doing. Our goal is to go full time in September. We have an unusual requirement as we will be taking 2.5 motorcycles with us. 2.5 you ask? MY wife has a Can-Am Spyder trike and I have a full sized Harley bagger. Looks like the only way to take these bikes is to haul a 16' trailer at the rear of a diesel pusher.

With that as a lead in, we like the Thor Palazzo because of the overhead cab bunk. We want our kids and grandkids to come stay with us so the extra sleeping area would be great.

Anything I need to keep in mind when looking at a used Palazzo? We have our eye on a 2015 with 11k miles

Thanks for any assistance.

-Doug
viii_ball is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-23-2017, 10:12 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Other then the little things all should be fine. I have one and it has been fine.

The only thing I added was solar panel to keep house batteries charged.
FMCA F451520 - Texas Boomers - RVM#128
Daveht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:18 AM   #3

the 36.1 was our original choice, but once we found the 33.3 bunkhouse we couldn't look back : )
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 06:33 AM   #4

Thor Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Considering Used 36.1

We have a 2014 36.1 with almost 30,000 miles. Got the bugs work out and has been a great coach! But you are better then me if can full time in it. But I don't think I could full time in a 45 ft coach!!
ferg182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 09:55 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterT View Post
the 36.1 was our original choice, but once we found the 33.3 bunkhouse we couldn't look back : )
Exactly, Once we saw the 33.3 it was a done deal. Love the bunk beds for extra sleeping if needed and it is a great storage area when not in use.
Robf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:00 PM   #6

We love our 36.1! We have 3 kids between 6-11 and it works great for us, and looks like it will for quite a while. I tow a Chevy Avalanche, usually loaded with bicycles and it pulls great.
Troostr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 11:53 AM   #7

Professional Inspection

If I knew then (when I purchased my used 2014 33.2) what I know now, I would have had it professionally inspected. We were newbies and went in with rose colored glasses. I missed a number of issues that were pretty straight forward.

The inspection would have more than paid for itself and saved a lot of frustration and worry.

You might want to check out the National RV Inspectors Association at nrvia.org or the RV Inspection Connection at rvinspection.com.
mcbeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 08:06 PM   #8

Make sure it has the triple track slide upgrade. Quite a few horror stories about the original two tracks. Not sure when they started retrofitting them though?
gtsum2 is offline   Reply With Quote