RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-15-2019, 10:49 AM   #1

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Cost of tire rotation, balance, & align

I was hoping that another Palazzo owner could tell me an approximate cost of having my tires rotated, balanced, and aligned. Preferably at a Freightliner facility.

Thanks

Duane n Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-15-2019, 11:06 AM   #2

Most people rarely if ever have their motor home tires rotated due primarily to the fact that most people change tires every 5 to 7 years. This is done to avoid blow outs due to the tires becoming brittle and cracking.

Balancing is another story, some never balance while others have traditional balancing done or add those balancing devices inside their tires or externally.

Alignment is a different story. That should be checked periodically to make sure the coach is steering straight and to avoid excessive front tire wear.

LJowdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 12:55 PM   #3

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJowdy View Post
Most people rarely if ever have their motor home tires rotated due primarily to the fact that most people change tires every 5 to 7 years. This is done to avoid blow outs due to the tires becoming brittle and cracking.

Balancing is another story, some never balance while others have traditional balancing done or add those balancing devices inside their tires or externally.

Alignment is a different story. That should be checked periodically to make sure the coach is steering straight and to avoid excessive front tire wear.

I asked because when we bought our coach we took their course on maintaining the coach and they recommended all three of those things.

I know that I need to balance and align because I've hit some big potholes and I now vibrate at certain speeds.

Thanks for the info. Have you ever done any of these and, if so, would you consider sharing the cost.

Thanks again.
Duane n Lora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:14 PM   #4

Cost of tire rotation, balance, & align

What the previous owner of my coach recommended, I have also seen it here, and I follow is: every 2 years or so I purchase 2 new tires and have them mounted on the front steer. The front steers, which are 2 years old get moved to rear and oldest 2 rears discarded. Alignment checked at this time. This keeps the freshest tires on the steer which are never more than 2 years old and no tires over 6 or maybe 7 depending on the date code when purchased are on the MH.
jmck1737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 02:34 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
For balance, I installed DynaBeads. Tires and the whole rotating assembly (hubs, drums, lug nuts, hubcaps, etc.) are rebalanced continuously. CentraMatics are another solution. Spin balancing is so 1980.
TonyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:07 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyMac View Post
For balance, I installed DynaBeads. Tires and the whole rotating assembly (hubs, drums, lug nuts, hubcaps, etc.) are rebalanced continuously. CentraMatics are another solution. Spin balancing is so 1980.
1980 was such a great year.
scooter 750 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 03:21 AM   #7

I had my front end alignment at Purcell. I believe it was around $160.
tucson.don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:06 AM   #8

About 18 months ago we had our coach in the Freightliner shop in Ft. Worth. An alignment was one of the services to be performed. They shipped it out to a shop next door for the alignment. If I had known that, I might have been able to save some $$$ by taking it to that shop instead of the Freightliner shop. Call around to find out where an alignment and other services can be performed and the associated costs.

Karen & Allen Van Zandt
txcpl is offline   Reply With Quote