Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 01-25-2015, 07:09 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steverado View Post
Guys its the fresh air intake for your diesel engine.
Steverado
Thanks
Mel
mel s is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #16

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I will tear into it and attempt to methodically locate fume source. As for my leak issue, it only allows water in behind driver seat when driving or RV power washing, that is why I suspect poor slide seal.

2013 Palazzo 33.3
HVAC Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 08:11 AM   #17

We had very leaky seams on both bedside tables/boxes (2015 33.3). We live down a dusty road and we almost had to sweep the drawers out there would be so much dust. I finally sealed them up myself including installing a solid piece below the drawer on the driver side to seal of the air intake conduit space. Great stuff would not do the job completely but I think I couldn't reach all the places that needed sealing. The "bulkhead" did the trick. On passenger side I removed the tip out bin and drawer and sealed all the seams and put three screws into the metal plate at the rear of the space to hold it tight with caulk. No more leaks. With all the leakage we did have we never had diesel fumes inside the coach. However, the low pressure area behind a large coach can do strange things. Good luck.
Safetysteve5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 07:12 PM   #18

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RKNOLA View Post
We are getting the exhaust fumes too. Has happened to us 3 times. Once in traffic, once 45 MPH, once 63MPH on our way to Tampa for the Tampa RV show. No one was around us so it wasn't coming from another vehicle. No soot anywhere in bedroom. We had the Freightliner tech look at it while we were at the Tampa Show. He found nothing. I know these fumes can be deadly and no coach is worth dying for!!!
Then on our way home from Tampa our DS slide failed again. So we dropped our coach off for repairs this morning. Exhaust fumes in coach was one of the things we listed to check along with check the front shocks since they sound loose.
The coach in front of ours at the repair facility was a Palazzo 36.1 in for slide repair. That owner was only on slide failure number 2 unlike slide failure #4 for us.
So thus, the Palazzo saga continues...................

Ouch. So sorry to hear of your problems!
alpha99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 09:24 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by alpha99 View Post
Ouch. So sorry to hear of your problems!
Thank you for the support alpha99.
RKNOLA is offline   Reply With Quote