Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-11-2015, 02:37 PM   #1

FUSE(S) locations and charts...

Fuse locations and information can be elusive, especially when something is no longer working and you're pulling your hair to find out why...
My current dilemma is finding the CHASSIS fuse for the windshield WASHER motor, which is not working. I find the Fuses and Chart under the driver, in the forward bay(covered by it's chart), but see no washer motor fuse, if there is even such...

I also see that 'some' fuses are not for this model Palazzo, and may very well be designed for the Tuscany also, which may use some of these 'extra' items. To determine what FUSES I actually have, I looked at the actual wire PLUGS, compared to the wire plug diagram on the chart, and I can see then which Fuse locations are actually used in this coach.(see photos)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chassis FUSE chart.jpg
Views:	1591
Size:	261.9 KB
ID:	113909   Click image for larger version

Name:	LEFT top.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	305.2 KB
ID:	113910  

Name:	LEFT bottom.jpg
Views:	520
Size:	286.6 KB
ID:	113911   Click image for larger version

Name:	RIGHT top.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	205.2 KB
ID:	113912  

Name:	RIGHT bottom.jpg
Views:	364
Size:	217.9 KB
ID:	113913  
MisterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #2

Freightliner Owners Club
I am going to guess the washer motor is getting power from J2-7 (F5 marked map LTS).

Check this fuse for open.
jones47172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:51 AM   #3

here's the pics of the interior FUSE Chart, and BREAKER list...
I saved these to my computer for myself - much easier to refer to than stooping down in the dark at the end of the bed to try to read these items : )

[I covered the 'block heater' breaker with electrical tape in case I accidentally hit the switch on the side of the bed and have the heater come on, especially in the middle of summer!]
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Interior FUSE chart.JPG
Views:	474
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	113944   Click image for larger version

Name:	Interior FUSES.JPG
Views:	659
Size:	522.6 KB
ID:	113945  

Name:	Interior BREAKERS.jpg
Views:	427
Size:	136.5 KB
ID:	113946  
Old 12-12-2015, 01:13 PM   #4

Thor Owners Club
MisterT,
I had a problem where neither my wiper nor washer worked. While acting as intermediary between the Thor tech help line and a local technician, I learned that that the relays K1 and K2 control the wipers and the washer even though they aren't labeled that way on the coach.

The attached wiring harness diagram is for my 33.2 but it makes me think
"jones47172" is correct that the 5-amp fuse F5 supplies your washer motor since your circuit board also has a 16 gauge pink wire on J2-7.

Do you have a multimeter?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Pages from 33.2_12V.pdf (51.6 KB, 213 views)
Old 12-12-2015, 02:27 PM   #5

i checked the fuse you mentioned, but it is good.
Several months ago we had some rain in the area as we were leaving, but i realized pretty quickly that the wipers were not working. The fuse that I replaced was the F26, I believe, but it also broke the new one, and a third. Finally I out in a 10a fuse and the wipers started working fine again. But, still no washer fluid.
Old 12-12-2015, 03:39 PM   #6

Thor Owners Club
Assuming the "Dash Harness" schematic I attached applies to your unit, then F5 and F26 are both associated with the wiper/washer system. My experience with a wiper failure taught me that the wiper and washer electrics are interrelated in ways that are not obvious from reading the titles on the fuse board.

If fuses F5 and F26 are intact, AND the wiper is functional, I would next check at the washer motor for power (with the washer dash-switch depressed). If power is detected then the washer motor is likely the problem.

If no power is detected at the washer motor AND the wiper is functional AND fuses F5/F26 are intact, then I would have the wiper/washer dash-switch and then relays K1 and K2 checked. For this step most of the RVers I know need to go to a service centre (including me).
Old 01-07-2016, 05:44 AM   #7

Exclamation

update: I recently took some time to research the wiper washer fluid problem. My fuse board showed both RELAYS, Accessories and Ignition, with red lights. I went on amazon and found similar relays at about $10 each and was prepared to order them.
I went out to the driver bay and tried to remove the relays, but they were very stubborn, I even went online and watched several 'how to replace your fuse relay' videos. Not satisfied that these might be replaceable, I called Thor and got Ron - who said that you just 'pull' and they will come out, just like any regular fuse. Well.....turns out he was wrong, The relay cover broke, and even pulling on the raw relay with pliers only felt like I would break the whole circuit board in the process.
I decided to unscrew the board from it's mount and look at the back. The fuse relays are soldered into the board!
I then called Thor again and this time got Tom, who told me to email him photos of the board. He quickly called back and comfirmed that these relays are NOT replaceable and that he would be sending me out a replacement fuse board.

I'm not sure if this will solve my washer motor issue, but I'm now more concerned that replacing this chassis fuse board could be a bigger problem if it impacts the chassis information, such as resetting the mileage or critical internal data...
Old 01-09-2016, 02:54 PM   #8

Thor Owners Club
" I called Thor and got Ron - who said that you just 'pull' and they will come out, just like any regular fuse. Well.....turns out he was wrong"

When I phoned to enquire about my wiper problem two years ago, the Thor tech-rep used the terminology "K1 and K2", and that stuck in my mind. But I now recall that the relays we actually tested were the ones mounted beside the fuse panel.

MisterT, have a look at this thread that you previously attended:

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f281/wind...zo-273635.html
Old 01-09-2016, 03:23 PM   #9

replaced the chassis fuse board today(Tom at Thor sent me a replacement)...
one of the easiest 'fixes' ever, and though I was concerned that the removal of the HOT lead from the original board to the new one might RESET chassis information, it turns out that this board, installed by Thor, has nothing to do with the actual Freightliner chassis, but more about the items that Thor puts in place when they build the unit, such as Dash Fans, Windshield Shade, Overhead Light, etc.
The board allows for 3 'ON' scenerios, depending on what item - with basics such as Shade and Driver Seat 'Always On', Fans and HVAC blower available when key is in 'AC'(accessory) position, and Emergency Buzzer(Legs) and Windshield Wipers only with IGNITION on. The two Relay blocks provide for these flows.
Old 07-09-2022, 05:03 PM   #10

Can anybody tell me where the fuse is located for the powered passenger seat
donca56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2022, 05:18 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
On my FL MH I found all the bare bone chassis fuses like wipers, driving lights were in one fuse box. The other fuses of things added by the motor home manufacture like heater motor, map lights, vacuum pump, etc.. were in a difference fuse box. I found the fuse location by looking in the manual.
ArtJoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 08:01 AM   #12

Had a similar experience in our 2015 33.3. Our dash HVAC would blow it's fuse during heavy, prolonged use. However, the fuse that kept blowing was labeled "spot light" and was right next to the fuse labeled "HVAC Blower". The spotlight location had a 15 amp fuse and the HVAC blower had a 25 amp fuse. Somehow the HVAC Blower was wired to the 15 amp spot light circuit. I replaced the 15 amp fuse with a 25 amp fuse and all has been working properly since. It's not blown a fuse in several years now so I think the circuit was just wired to the wrong board location. Just another example of the many quality control issues that can crop up on a complex system like a motorhome.

Tags
cat, fuse