Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Thor Industries Owner's Forum > Palazzo Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-14-2015, 01:16 PM   #15

There was a story a couple of years ago regarding occupants of an RV being overcome by exhaust fumes from other RVs entering through an open roof hatch
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-14-2015, 06:00 PM   #16

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by jones47172 View Post
I seem to recall that Onan doesn't recommend them.
Question: Have you EVER seen a manufacturer recommend any modification to their product?

If your Generator exhaust has no hangers the weight of a HOME MADE Gen-Turi can indeed cause damage.

if the pipe is properly supported the weight of the Genuine Article will NOT cause harm.

Not eveyone can figure out the conditions above.
Old 10-15-2015, 08:47 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstrace3 View Post
all great advice !!! even while using our genturi I set a portable carbon monoxide detector on the dash and one in the bedroom. We have the one built in with the propane detector but I like the added "insurance".

If we were in an open field I wouldn't be so paranoid. But when we are in such close proximity that our slide almost touches the coach next to us while tailgating I get a little worried.

At LSU it is mandatory and a safety person drives around to inspect each coach to insure a genturi or similar is used.

Billy,

How do you attach the vertical pipe to the coach?

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
HDRoadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:02 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
like so:

And how many times do you see smoke from an open flame go sideways or down - sometimes with lot's of wind, but mostly it goes UP.

oh, and Geaux Tiga's !!!!
(Used to work the LSU games as a Boy Scout a LONG time ago - and then went to many a game while at LSU - I really HAD to since my first year dorm room was under the stadium and it got sorta loud!!! what a 'home' !)
Old 10-15-2015, 09:32 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Billy,

I use one of these with a couple of I bolts mounted on it for the straps to attach. Could also use two singles of course.

http://www.amazon.com/FastCap-HOD-DO...+cup+for+glass

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 02:27 PM   #20

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRoadking View Post
Billy,

the vertical pipe has two rubber bungee cords with s hooks. I lift up the rubber seal at the bottom of the drivers side window and attach the s hooks to the window frame and then push the rubber seal back in place. Of course anyone with frameless windows this would not work so I would use what others have suggested with the suction cups. Genturi also now sells suction cups to attach to the window or side of coach.
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 02:31 PM   #21

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnBoyToo View Post
like so:

And how many times do you see smoke from an open flame go sideways or down - sometimes with lot's of wind, but mostly it goes UP.

oh, and Geaux Tiga's !!!!
(Used to work the LSU games as a Boy Scout a LONG time ago - and then went to many a game while at LSU - I really HAD to since my first year dorm room was under the stadium and it got sorta loud!!! what a 'home' !)
that was only a few years ago, right ?? ha ha... that would be awesome if they still had dorms in the stadium.

I will be headed there tomorrow at 4am to get my spot for Saturday's game against Florida. RV lots will be packed for this game.
wstrace3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator